Voting In Or Out Of The Eu?

genie

What people do not realise is that there is a lot of animosity between East Europeans. The Poles cannot stand the Romanians and Bulgarians. They hate the Russians even more.

The older established Polish communities (ones that came during WW2) resent the newer Polish arrivals because their community centres and churches have been swamped and consider them uncouth and violent.

It is a very similar attitude some more established Sikhs would have regarding "freshies".

Even the more progressive thinking Polish (the professional types) do not like to associate themselves with other Poles.

That's actually very interesting. It seems there's a hierarchy of perceived status even within the same religious and / or ethnic immigrant groups.

That's actually the argument that's on the verge of being seized upon by hurting Remainers, particularly those of university age in the Asian community, who are basically churning out the arguments they've been brainwashed into believing by their Regressive educational estsblishments, I.e. the "pulling up the ladder" argument designed to shame long-term arrivals who voted Leave.

I despair at how many of our own - the young, so-called educated - are being cucked into defending an ideology that will not return the favour when the tables have been turned. I've long suspected that modern educational attainment is no longer a sign of possessing inherent wisdom or intelligence. Even fools can get degrees it seems, and pass themselves off as educated.

That's actually very interesting. It seems there's a hierarchy of perceived status even within the same religious and / or ethnic immigrant groups.

That's actually the argument that's on the verge of being seized upon by hurting Remainers, particularly those of university age in the Asian community, who are basically churning out the arguments they've been brainwashed into believing by their Regressive educational estsblishments, I.e. the "pulling up the ladder" argument designed to shame long-term arrivals who voted Leave.

I despair at how many of our own - the young, so-called educated - are being cucked into defending an ideology that will not return the favour when the tables have been turned. I've long suspected that modern educational attainment is no longer a sign of possessing inherent wisdom or intelligence. Even fools can get degrees it seems, and pass themselves off as educated.

What people fail to realise is that a lot of hard work and sacrifice was put in by earlier immigrants to establish their communities and integrate into their adopted societies.

The newer migrants of any particular communities did not have to make those sacrifices. Nor do they have any sentimentality that the older migrants have. In a lot of cases, they will sh** on those hard fought rights and take it for granted.

I think that is where a lot of resentment comes from.

Example:

If you are 2nd or 3rd generation Sikh and have seen the neighbourhood you have lived in the last 30 years and you have seen the area you grew up in deteriorate, you are going to feel strongly about it. Your civic pride will come out.

However, Bittu from Punjab who lives in bed in a shed with three other guys will not have the same feeling. He will not be able to relate to the 2nd/3rd generation Sikh.

Example:

If you are 2nd or 3rd generation Sikh and have seen the neighbourhood you have lived in the last 30 years and you have seen the area you grew up in deteriorate, you are going to feel strongly about it. Your civic pride will come out.

However, Bittu from Punjab who lives in bed in a shed with three other guys will not have the same feeling. He will not be able to relate to the 2nd/3rd generation Sikh.

It's a tough one. Loyalty to ones cultural and religious group vs loyalty to the community and area that you were born into.

Of course, Muslims have no such qualms. There's tonnes of YouTube videos where UK-born Muslims are saying they have no sentimental feelings for their local community and host country; it's all straight-up fealty to Islam. I wish life was as clear cut as that. Must be easier when you don't have a fully functional conscience after years of brainwashing. Obviously, you don't want to go too "Uncle Tom" like, but still, y'know, have a word.

It's a tough one. Loyalty to ones cultural and religious group vs loyalty to the community and area that you were born into.

Of course, Muslims have no such qualms. There's tonnes of YouTube videos where UK-born Muslims are saying they have no sentimental feelings for their local community and host country; it's all straight-up fealty to Islam. I wish life was as clear cut as that. Must be easier when you don't have a fully functional conscience after years of brainwashing. Obviously, you don't want to go too "Uncle Tom" like, but still, y'know, have a word.

You can be loyal to both,it does not have to be a zero sum game.

Muslims play this game of being with the Ummah and having no loyalty etc.

If there is one thing I have learnt in life it is never go by what the say, go by what they do.

These types of Muslims will be called out on their bluff one day.

Look at Anjem Chaudry, calls for Shariah Law in Britain. But he never goes to ISIS held territory. He encourages other muslims to fight for them but he never goes himself.

Omar Bakri had to be deported back to Lebanon/Syria. He never went on his own accord.

Ten shadow ministers gone, time for Jeremy Corbin to outsource their jobs!! India comes to mind.

I feel some sympathy for him. Labour want to return to their neo-liberal, New Labour style created by Blair. Corbyn is surrounded by wolves who want to win elections instead of serve the people. Basically career politicians.

I feel some sympathy for him. Labour want to return to their neo-liberal, New Labour style created by Blair. Corbyn is surrounded by wolves who want to win elections instead of serve the people. Basically career politicians.

maybe this is good opportunity to jumpstart the political wing of UK sikhs

It would depend on what they stood for as Sikhs, and how that intersected with living in this country.

I have tried working this one out for almost 25 years of my life and I have still not arrived at any answers. Perhaps, I will arrive at them on my 26th birthday or is the word pronounced as 'birday/budday, as most FOBs do? I am not sure!