Dallas: Five Police Officers Killed At Demonstration

Desperate pleas for unity and calm reverberated around the US after five police officers were killed and seven injured when at least one sniper opened fire on a peaceful protest in Dallas, telling police he wanted to kill white officers.

The shooter, 25-year-old Micah Johnson, an army reservist who served in Afghanistan, was killed after lengthy negotiations with officers during which he articulated anger at recent police killings of African American men and told negotiators he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/dallas-police-shooting-gunman-kill-white-officers

He was military trained after all.

A very happy day for me to see those trigger happy cops get a taste of their own medicine

This is utterly justified the state has nothing to stop the pigs but promotes it

Now the people have fought back and taken blood for blood and now the P£&£)y white man is hiding in the toilets

While the stooge Obama talkes shyyt

A very happy day for me to see those trigger happy cops get a taste of their own medicine

This is utterly justified the state has nothing to stop the pigs but promotes it

Now the people have fought back and taken blood for blood and now the P£&£)y white man is hiding in the toilets While the stooge Obama talkes shyyt

I don't endorse the above take on the situation. The officers killed were most likely decent, good people doing their jobs. Their killing was symbolic, not a targeted act of revenge. Vengeance would be specifically targeting cops who'd killed blacks and not been punished. The officers that were killed were soft targets.

I've observed a definite sense of a reduction in "enthusiasm" on the part of certain voices on the Right who were criticising blacks for raising certain issues that, imo, they have every right to discuss. That's not to say the BLM movement isn't misguided and divisive - because it is - but it's unfortunate the spokespeople for BLM are questionable to say the least. As a cause it is ideologically sound, but its representatives are not to be trusted. Of course, this is the ground level interpretation of what's happening, and we mustn't forget - without wandering into conspiracy theory territory - that there is almost always a larger "game" being played. The man who funds BLM should be a cause for concern.

The many black that are treated as second class citizens and killed by the police or framed into prison are also innocent

I never said they weren't. What I said was that if the shooter had grievances against corrupt and racist officers, he should've done his homework and found those who'd escaped punishment in the face of overwhelming evidence, and taken them out if he felt compelled to do so. Morally, it would've been a much more ambiguous scenario. Instead, what's happened is innocent police have been killed, and blacks are now under the microscope. This is what happens when you allow your passions to overwhelm you, and don't think with a cool head. Such behaviour is no better than a wild animal's.