Sign in to follow this  
simran345

Chaupai Sahib Jaap, Kirtan Darbar and Ardaas for Bhai Jagraj Singh

Maybe we should show our appreciation by taking on more khoj of bani, santhiya, memorisation of more Gurbani, learn to sing a shabad you know stuff we should be doing and sharing with others and encouraging them too.

• Like 4

Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family, especially his children at this time,he has done more to spread knowledge about Sikhi than anyone i know and bought me back onto the towards path of Sikhi, if you read his statement it show's nothing but humility and acceptance, something we could all learn from.

A friend of mine put this up on facebook yesterday evening after hearing the news, sum's it all up.

"When death becomes more than just an intellectual thought, life becomes real.
Value each & every breath as they are more valuable than the material riches that make up the world we live in."

• Like 3

Very sad news, we need more people like bhai jagraj singh spreading the message of Sikhi locally and globally. May waheguru give him and his Basics of Sikhi team and family the blessings to carry on the great work and parchar they have done so far.

• Like 1

I'll try to add the Jaap events as I see them. Please add your town/city's also, if there is one being held for Bhai Jagraj Singh. 

🙏🏻 Waheguru 

IMG_3554.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

Tonights Simran (7pm-8pm), next Thursdays Simran (7pm-8pm) and Asa Dee Vaar this Saturday from 7am-9:30am will all be dedicated for Chardi Kala of Bhai Jagraj Singh from Everythings 13 - Basics of Sikhi who has been diagnosed with stage 4 Cancer.  Please join us each day in Sangat to together do Ardaas for their health and well being.

https://m.facebook.com/SGSSGurdwara/posts/1304100629629814:0

Programmes for the chardi kala of Bhai Jagraj Singh and family are in  Everything's 13 - Basics of Sikhi link  

🙏🏻 Waheguru  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I feel sad. This guy was one of the most inspirational, real talking brothers to emerge in this day and age. But I'm content that whatever happens his soul is highly blessed for his kamai. 

Same here and many others too, feels like know him so well but never ever met him, he is an amazing soul, that shared his knowledge with us all at our level, no matter what level somebody maybe, he got through to the masses. 

His nirmata (humbleness) and sabar (patience) has helped many people, whether young or old, different communities. The qualities God blessed him with shone through him and those that met him were lucky to experience a human being in this day and age teaching us about Waheguru.  

• Like 2

The one of the other sad thing's about this is our community badly needs people like him. The fact that he is one of very few who are intelligent, educated, British army trained, inspiring and wise western born sikh parchariks and spokeman's we have had for a generation. Who else is going to step up to the plate and do what jagraj has been able to do? He is a brand and basics of Sikhi doesn't have other people yet able to fill his shoes.

If you see other Sikh public figures not born in the west with broken English they are a complete embarrassment by putting themselves forward to catch the limelight but not being about to articulate what western/British Sikhs are saying to the wider public. And other British born Sikhs just don't have the media savy skills to navigate how to engage the audience and not fall into the anti-sikh traps of the racist mainstream.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, genie said:

The one of the other sad thing's about this is our community badly needs people like him. The fact that he is one of very few who are intelligent, educated, British army trained, inspiring and wise western born sikh parchariks and spokeman's we have had for a generation. Who else is going to step up to the plate and do what jagraj has been able to do? He is a brand and basics of Sikhi doesn't have other people yet able to fill his shoes.

If you see other Sikh public figures not born in the west with broken English they are a complete embarrassment by putting themselves forward to catch the limelight but not being about to articulate what western/British Sikhs are saying to the wider public. And other British born Sikhs just don't have the media savy skills to navigate how to engage the audience and not fall into the anti-sikh traps of the racist mainstream.

We Sikhs (or should I say it's human nature) have a habit of creating a saviour or of pedastalising a person and almost creating a cult following.

Jagraj Singh did what everyone else has the ability to do as well and that is connect with the One. If you seen any of his videos, it's one of the things he iterates and re-iterates.

If you read Gurbani or read a hukamnama, Guru ji talks of many things but ultimately everything goes back to the source through naam. Guru ji talks in great depth about a lot of things but the ultimately the message is a very simple one.

We all have that jot within us. Jagraj Singh does not want you to follow him, all he really wants is for YOU TO TAP INTO YOUR POTENTIAL TO CONNECT WITH THE ONE THROUGH NAAM. (Sorry for the caps lock but I had to emphasise that point)

If people don't get that then they are missing the wood for the trees.

• Like 4