The Black Prince - New Film Based On Sikh Maharajah Duleep Singh

genie

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Great stuff Jkv.

Now our forefathers did a lot of things right.

What were those things and what we need to bring forward if there is a Sikh political state?

I think a lot of emphasis should be placed on the military. Not pendus running around with kirpans but modern guns, fighter-jets, satellite communication, cyber warfare capabilities. All able-bodied Sikh men should have military training, and we should keep an especial eye out for drunk jut pendus abusing their weaponry and be at pains to ensure that tribal, caste clannism doesn't dominate politics  or the economy. 

People who abuse their power or weapons should be executed. Preferably publically. 

52 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think a lot of emphasis should be placed on the military. Not pendus running around with kirpans but modern guns, fighter-jets, satellite communication, cyber warfare capabilities. All able-bodied Sikh men should have military training, and we should keep an especial eye out for drunk jut pendus abusing their weaponry and be at pains to ensure that tribal, caste clannism doesn't dominate politics  or the economy. 

People who abuse their power or weapons should be executed. Preferably publically. 

Well that is one thing that Maharaj Ranjit Singh did which was to utilise modern military techniques into the Khalsa army.

However, most Sikhs in Punjab are rural so I am unsure how you will prevent the pendu problem.

It's those pendus that were the backbone of a lot of those armies.

How are you going to get more of the urbanites to military trained.

30 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Well that is one thing that Maharaj Ranjit Singh did which was to utilise modern military techniques into the Khalsa army.

However, most Sikhs in Punjab are rural so I am unsure how you will prevent the pendu problem.

It's those pendus that were the backbone of a lot of those armies.

How are you going to get more of the urbanites to military trained.

Pay them decent money and tie higher level positions with education (i.e. fighter pilots, comms people etc. should have top qualifications before they are allowed to apply). 

Remember that even top earning sardars would regularly train back in the day. Hunting and martial arts were a normalised part of their lifestyles in amongst all the administration they had to organise for their land.  They had to organise and train men to fight and lead by example. Some of them also did a bunch of other stuff too - like open up schools for the public, and patronise the arts. One of the main reasons pendus joined the army in droves (in the past) was because of poverty. Their farms weren't making enough so they'd send sons in the army to top up the family income. 

If you make being better qualified a prerequisite for getting promotion, that might even impell the pendus to up their game in this department. 

Our people (like all third world pussoos) have a tendency for corruption when it comes to obtaining qualifications - so a careful eye has to be kept on this. Or else fudus will be giving away qualifications to pendus for money.  

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Pay them decent money and tie higher level positions with education (i.e. fighter pilots, comms people etc. should have top qualifications before they are allowed to apply). 

Remember that even top earning sardars would regularly train back in the day. Hunting and martial arts were a normalised part of their lifestyles in amongst all the administration they had to organise for their land.  They had to organise and train men to fight and lead by example. Some of them also did a bunch of other stuff too - like open up schools for the public, and patronise the arts. One of the main reasons pendus joined the army in droves (in the past) was because of poverty. Their farms weren't making enough so they'd send sons in the army to top up the family income. 

If you make being better qualified a prerequisite for getting promotion, that might even impell the pendus to up their game in this department. 

Our people (like all third world pussoos) have a tendency for corruption when it comes to obtaining qualifications - so a careful eye has to be kept on this. Or else fudus will be giving away qualifications to pendus for money.  

How is this any different from the officer class than you would have in current militaries?

Are you also suggesting a two tier system between urbanites and non-urbanites?

There are plenty of people from pendu backgrounds that also have an education. They may feel discriminated against.

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

How is this any different from the officer class than you would have in current militaries?

Are you also suggesting a two tier system between urbanites and non-urbanites?

There are plenty of people from pendu backgrounds that also have an education. They may feel discriminated against.

Well. Those people have some sort of innate tendency to feel hard done by what I can see. They always seem to want an advantage over others and try and organise themselves for this.  This is what causes most of our society's problems in Panjab. It's actually what is behind Badal. 

We need to have a proper meritocracy. 

F**k anyone that feels like they have some sort of unearned privilege.

We need more urbanisation. We can't compete with the global metropolitan world obsessing about villages. If our economy is modern and prosperous, pendus will have a role as suppliers of foodstuff and should be rewarded sufficiently. If they want to join the modern world, they'll have to move to the city - just like most of our parents did. 

It's nothing new. 

45 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well. Those people have some sort of innate tendency to feel hard done by by what I can see. They always seem to want an advantage over others and try and organise themselves for this.  This is what causes most of our society's problems in Panjab. It's actually what is behind Badal. 

We need to have a proper meritocracy. 

F**k anyone that feels like they have some sort of unearned privilege.

We need more urbanisation. We can't compete with the global metropolitan world obsessing about villages. If our economy is modern and prosperous, pendus will have a role as suppliers of foodstuff and should be rewarded sufficiently. If they want to join the modern world, they'll have to move to the city - just like most of our parents did. 

It's nothing new. 

The main urban centres of Punjab are Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Patiala and Chandigarh. 

What is happening in Punjab is that there is quite a lot urbanisation taking place alongside the GT road. You will notice this particularly with various villages forming into clusters.

Though I agree that there needs to be a more diverse economy.

I remember when I was in India about ten years ago and I was reading an article about "rurban " development,  which is an amalgamation of rural and urban - which villages in a tehsil being connected to form an economic cluster.

I think this is happening in Punjab at some level.

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you haven't learned to fight dirty then how would you be able to fight in an actual dangerous situation. When a group is smaller in number it's smart to not always play by some old-school rules, we got too much of a hero mentality in my personal idea to be able to protect ourselves from actual danger, (examples include letting your opponent get the first move, only use weapons equal to your opponents, and finally the worst of them all is if your outnumbered to just not use some strategy and still fight like your 1vs1).

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The main urban centres of Punjab are Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Patiala and Chandigarh. 

What is happening in Punjab is that there is quite a lot urbanisation taking place alongside the GT road. You will notice this particularly with various villages forming into clusters.

Though I agree that there needs to be a more diverse economy.

I remember when I was in India about ten years ago and I was reading an article about "rurban " development,  which is an amalgamation of rural and urban - which villages in a tehsil being connected to form an economic cluster.

I think this is happening in Punjab at some level.

We need to aim high. For God's sake India is sending spaceships to Mars, and becoming a go-to place for western nations to get their satellites into space. Then there is a growing tech sector over there and we all know India produces more techy egg-heads than average (look at the staff of Google and Microsoft). Even crappy Bollywood produces umpteen multi-millionaires now! We need to move the hell on from agriculture.

13 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

We need to aim high. For God's sake India is sending spaceships to Mars, and becoming a go-to place for western nations to get their satellites into space. Then there is a growing tech sector over there and we all know India produces more techy egg-heads than average (look at the staff of Google and Microsoft). Even crappy Bollywood produces umpteen multi-millionaires now! We need to move the hell on from agriculture.

The IT/Tech sector is the result of the Indian Government's investment in IIT institutions. It is decades old work that has come to fruition.

Even the Indian space program initially had agriculture in mind as they were able to send satellites to monitor and track weather systems. Again, this is the result of government investment.

However, the techie eggheads for the most part are really modern day coolies for western IT companies. 

Even amongst these billionaires in India, you will find Sikhs amongst them. For example the Pharmaceutical company Ranbaxy was founded by Sikhs . There is another IT billionaire (cannot remember his name)

The economic liberalisation that began in 1991 was initiated by none other than Dr Manmohan Singh.

Sikhs by nature are much more entrepreneurial than you realise. It's our chardikala spirits that enables us to take risks and challenges.

The problem you have with Punjab is that it is deliberately kept down by the Central Government. 

You seem the same with the UK where it is extremely London and home counties Centric. 

I guess the big problem with Punjab is that it is too close to Delhi and the proximity is what causes us issues,  particularly since it is the political centre.

I wonder if the political capital was elsewhere say in Madya Pradesh or in a more central location that it would make a difference.

Sikhs by nature are much more entrepreneurial than you realise. It's our chardikala spirits that enables us to take risks and challenges.

I know Sikhs are very entrepreneurial, but the rural based politics that Punjab has been playing for decades now has shot it in the foot.

We can never expect the centre to do us any favours, so we have to do for ourselves and be astute and prudent regarding maneuvers against us - the current perpetual butting our heads over the agricultural sector has become an insanity fueled by casteism and nepotism that works for a tiny minority and no one else. 

We can either bring that madness to an end ourselves, and plan an alternative future or watch it die its own natural, slow and painful death and then have to raise ourselves from the ashes. If we do the latter, the impact on Punjab will be VERY severe socially and economically. 

We've become too conservative over there and not adaptive and dynamic.