Sign in to follow this  
Guest Singhgh

Gurbani on meat

15 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

But let's not forget that Kuttha (halal) is bujjar kurahit, and this is in Akal Takht maryada. so it's not a choice it is a kurahit

Manvir Singh is not a trustable person. Also he is jatha biased towards dietary chocies. Also this hukumnama is unverified and is also associated as being "discovered" by this jatha/jathebandi as well

instead of being mahapappi, eat mahaprasad... 

Read some of Guru Gobind singh baani such as Chandi di Vaar, Ugardanti, Shastarnaammala, long length Chaupai Sahib (starting from Mahakal)

bro , surely Guru ji has not forced eating or not eating maas , but left it to the individual to judge their requirement within the boundaries They have all set . We should never be harsh to another sikh if he/she cannot eat maybe they do not want to waste their kamai on new karams  just deal with load without adding unnecessarily. Guru ji has told us we have so many avgun on us already I would never be able to trust that I could make the grade . Guru ji doesn't just say against Kuttha but also khulla maas only chatka i.e. compassionate kill by a gursikh is valid for us . Honestly as mahapurush achieved higher avashta they detached from all raas so I think it is natural to lose the 'taste' for loads of kaamnas desires with Guru ji's kirpa

I dont see why anyone would wanna eat something that was alive once! Something that moved, mated, humped, p1ssed, farted, made noises, gave birth, and then it's on your dinner plate!  

But yh you shouldn't judge others for eating meat, Some vegetarians look down at meat eaters. 

On 11/8/2019 at 5:22 AM, ipledgeblue said:

But let's not forget that Kuttha (halal) is bujjar kurahit, and this is in Akal Takht maryada. so it's not a choice it is a kurahit

Yes absolutely agree with you. 

I am Amritdhari sikh,  and i follow the Akal takht maryada. 

Occasionally i do eat meat, not for taste. 

I dont eat carbs.no roti or daal.....its been proved time and time again this will give you health problems for example diabetes.. ... i get my nutrition from plants and healthy meats like salmon ( wild caught)

I dont eat chicken .... no nutrition (dont want to eat animal because of just taste)

I dont eat pork and beef... not enough nutrients 

Hence i dont eat for taste when it comes to meats (only wild caught salmon and pasture raised eggs , because of there nutritional benefits)

• Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 1:43 AM, jkvlondon said:

We should never be harsh to another sikh if he/she cannot eat maybe they do not want to waste their kamai on new karams  just deal with load without adding unnecessarily. Guru ji has told us we have so many avgun on us already I would never be able to trust that I could make the grade . 

unfortunately a lot of sects, deras and jathebanddis ( and also some of the admins on this forum!) are "harsh" towards those sikhs who eat meat!

9 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

unfortunately a lot of sects, deras and jathebanddis ( and also some of the admins on this forum!) are "harsh" towards those sikhs who eat meat!

whatever happens we all have our own karam de tokariaan to look after , if my Guru ji told us to stay as a family and to unsee another's faults I have to strive to follow his advice and agree to disagree . I don't eat but many I know do  but that is up to them and their level of karams , in the end we all answer for our thoughts and deeds .

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

I dont eat carbs.no roti or daal.....its been proved time and time again this will give you health problems for example diabetes.. ... i get my nutrition from plants and healthy meats like salmon ( wild caught)

I dont eat chicken .... no nutrition (dont want to eat animal because of just taste)

Hence i dont eat for taste when it comes to meats (only wild caught salmon and pasture raised eggs , because of there nutritional benefits)

salmon is very polluted and not good for you , easier to get nutrition from green veggies, seaweed and seeds /nuts less mercury

• Like 1

Guest guest
On 11/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

salmon -maybe not more than two portions a week are recommended.  even less for pregnant/ breastfeeding women (maybe they should avoid it completely?)  because of the mercury and other poisons that may be present in small amounts.

some people eat salmon raw- but isnt that risking exposure to worms and other parasites?

whole grains are fine (wholewheat atta, brown rice).  its white/processed grains (white atta, white rice) that are said to contribute to diabetes.

if you eat chicken, maybe organic is best?