Sign in to follow this  
superkaur

BBC partition program by anita rani

10 hours ago, superkaur said:

anyone watch these 2 documentaries that were made? if so whats your thoughts?

In the first one (shown a few years ago) she seemed livid at her own people because one of her relatives was killed (by other relatives) rather than captured and sexualy abused. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

In the first one (shown a few years ago) she seemed livid at her own people because one of her relatives was killed (by other relatives) rather than captured and sexualy abused. 

I'm sure she must have realised the stories of those who had been abused what they suffered and has adjusted attitude... 

i noted in the program i watched last night , the tried to frame the whole revenge attack scenario on the sikhs attacking the train containing the families of future pak officials, engineers etc and their families - derailment occured and 4 died. 

• Like 2

My family also originated from Montgomery District, now known as Sahiwal district, so I took a keen interest. However, luckily, no one in our family suffered fatalities (that i am aware of).

I felt that one of the young commentators in the "Seven Days in Summer: countdown to Partition" programme on Tuesday was heavily biased against Sikhs, painting us "extremists" yet the Muslims were not described as such....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DailyMail said:

My family also originated from Montgomery District, now known as Sahiwal district, so I took a keen interest. However, luckily, no one in our family suffered fatalities (that i am aware of).

I felt that one of the young commentators in the "Seven Days in Summer: countdown to Partition" programme on Tuesday was heavily biased against Sikhs, painting us "extremists" yet the Muslims were not described as such....

It's an ongoing thing in England. Appease the threat from muslims by demonising Sikhs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think in this new documentary she realised the scale of the massacre and horror that her family suffered. You could tell the visible shock on her face that the muslims who lived in the surrounding area's of her ancestral sahiwal village took part in the murders of helplessly outnumbered Sikh civilians especially of the women. She was hoping for some kinda closure but I dont think she got it you could see how upset and angry she was inside of her.

When we are told that these poor Sikh / punjabi women who were famed and celebrated for having suicided themselves by "jumping down a well" rather than getting dishonored, molested, converted, raped and murdered at the hands of the muslim mobs. We can almost certainly be sure that most did not "jump down a well" as relatives or Sikh survivors of horrors of partition may have claimed, they knew the truth of what happened to their female relatives and the truth was too painful and horrific to tell to their future generations.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Was it on like two days ago? I remember watching it at my massar's house.

yes its on bbc iplayer to watch if you missed it.

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's an ongoing thing in England. Appease the threat from muslims by demonising Sikhs. 

1 hour ago, DailyMail said:

yeah its worrying how heavily biased they are however If our pathetic weak cowardly left wing Sikhs of today are not willing to raise a fess like muslims and jews can you blame the bbc for not taking advantage by promoting islam/muslim issues and not other faiths or painting others in negative light?

Modern Sikhs of today if they werent so brainwashed to be liberal lefty and more right wing like muslims and jews then we would not see this. We would see Sikhs protesting every act of anti-sikh incident or portrayal in the media.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, superkaur said:

yeah its worrying how heavily biased they are however If our pathetic weak cowardly left wing Sikhs of today are not willing to raise a fess like muslims and jews can you blame the bbc for not taking advantage by promoting islam/muslim issues and not other faiths or painting others in negative light?

Modern Sikhs of today if they werent so brainwashed to be liberal lefty and more right wing like muslims and jews then we would not see this. We would see Sikhs protesting every act of anti-sikh incident or portrayal in the media.

We should be REALLY careful of the language we use. We shouldn't let left OR right wing terminology become entwined in a pro-Sikh perspective. 

And protests are useless unless they have serious nuisance value, and our lot aren't inclined for this. It looks like millennials are completely risk-averse in this respect. It's like they have had the anakh brainwashed out of them. 

8 hours ago, DailyMail said:

That 'Seven Days in Summer: countdown to Partition' bakwaas programme was so inaccurate it was pathetic. They basically insinuated that muslims reacted in revenge to earlier sikh bombing of a muslim train frm delhi. Yet if these planks did an ounce of research, they would of atleast mentioned, that, jinnah in 1946' had started the war against kuffar sikhs. 

I find it annoying how, wen sikhs dont study partition n always fink we were slapped around by muslims. Fact is that had sikhs started violence earlier in 46, we would of taken even more of w.panjab, rather than get wat we did in the end. Havin only 15% population of panjab, and all sikh tribes/castes working together like bandits/fauj, we annihilated muslims in central/south/e.panjab, where the population ratio was 50/50, 55/45, 60/40 etc. 

When u look back on partition, the role of cowardly panjabi hindus, shud never be underestimated. The pr!cks, if they had any meat n 2 veg in their trousers would of joined in n helped sikhs to claim more land from muslims. But they jus sat back like hijras n took shitther.

Whilst obviously we dont condone the disgraceful violence our grandparents/g.grandparents did on muslims, if u study partition, it feels like it had to be done. Cud u imagine amritsar ending up pakistan? It would have, since it was 51% majority muslim.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, superkaur said:

When we are told that these poor Sikh / punjabi women who were famed and celebrated for having suicided themselves by "jumping down a well" rather than getting dishonored, molested, converted, raped and murdered at the hands of the muslim mobs. We can almost certainly be sure that most did not "jump down a well" as relatives or Sikh survivors of horrors of partition may have claimed, they knew the truth of what happened to their female relatives and the truth was too painful and horrific to tell to their future generations.

Tbh, these stories r not any different to stories of muslims and wat their women went thru, particularly in jalandhar/ludhiana and present day haryana districts. Some of our own grandmas/g.grandmas were probably muslim women captured by singhs in village raids. Sad that ppl of panjab did this to each other. Listenin to stories on bbc asian networks from partition survivors just makes u wonder, how quick things escalated into sheer madness. The same ppl who would shudder at rape, were now committing it within months of thinkin in opposite way.

• Like 1