pooranmashi

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, ^_^

Waheguru ji ki fateh !!

As per my understanding of Sikhism so far, Akal Purakh is beyond time, dates, moons, stars, galaxies etc

so how is puran mashi or other times important in Sikhism as Sikhism teahes to remember Akal Purakh at all the times and all the dates...........

It may be just an other occassion to remember the Guru's & their message....If we start giving times and places importance like this than we are definitely going against the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.......

bul chuk mawf kani ^_^^_^^_^

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh !!

Guest Kamar Kasa

If people think bikrami is hindu ritual.

Let me give you the names of puratan sampardha who beleives in bikrami therefore beleives in pooranmaschi.

- Damdami Taksal

- Nirmaley Sampardha (nanaksar, rara sahib sub branches).

- Nihangs.

- Sevapanthis

-Sant Samajs

- Niskham Jatha

And modern day jatha's who beleive in nanaksahi calendar.

- SGPC

- AKJ

Now you going to argue about oh akaal takth beleive in Nanaksahi calendar.

Well I can argue the same that there was one time prior to 1925 where Akaal takth under the commond of Budda dal beleived in Bikrami Calendar for centuries.

Which one you guys prefer? Thats up to you .

But don't disrespect the samparhda who beleives in Bikrami Calendar by calling this calendar "Hindu Ritual"

Also for your information.... i m the same SatKartar user who was banned for no reason, no emails from admin and nothing explananing why i was bannned?

This is my last post on this forum since i think this is very un-proffestional and bias forum where people opnions are censored just because it does'nt quite match the beleifs that sevadars of this site follow.

G'd luck running this forum.

thats a load of bull

http://news.waheguroo.com/633Q6-12649-443Q...3-13632-36.html

as u will see 95% of Sikh comm has acceppted the Nanakshahi calander its just GOI pitus /cults who wont, which make me wonder :T: and by that i am not reffering to the orgs stated in list above as i think the list is not true!

HINDU rituals is true, people who step on 2 beries dont like the truth. thanks we all love the forum, and i guess gso do u as u cant seem to stay away.

all these people go to other forums yet the sad nerds cant stay away!

Guest Kamar Kasa

rsingh,

If you wish you can confirm this with taksali Singhs. I know i have.

Damdami Taksal 100 % percent beilfs in the same hindu calendar as you put it - called Bikrami.

I m amazed at parnoi sikhs have...everything that has links with Indian Tradition is hindu biased for them.

For such type of people... Dasam Granth is also hindu biased where bachitar natak. Satguru gobind singh ji talks about his previous incarnation.

Anyways, as i was saying live and let live. Never insult. Because same things start happening with the people who insults sampardha..then they cry.

Guest Kamar Kasa
Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, I have not come across any evidence of Guru ji being born on pooranmashi. This seems to be a story made up followers of full moon.

Celebrating a full moon is significant in hindu tradition, not sikh religion. As far as Gurbani is concerned a good day or auspicious day is when you remember Naam, a bad day is when you dont.

Pooranmashi was used by gursikhs for its light benefits, not anything else. For example sants celebrate it. The Akal Thakt maryada is against this. Some sants quote Baba Attar Singh ji celebrating it. This is untrue. Baba Attar singh ji Mastuanewale was a lover of bani. He held a rainsbhai keertan every month. This was held on pooranmashi purely due to their being more light, and easier for sangat to come and do seva. Nowadays sant followers have stopped the rainsbhais, and many are very anti them. However they have attached to the pooranmashi. This is indictive of our decline from Gurbani abyass to general ritualism and superstition. Another example of this is joths. They were used for light at night during akhand paths, but nowadays some people are superstitious about them.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Can you prove sant baba attar singh ji maustanaye waley didn't beleive in Bikram

i Calendar by providing sources like (jevan sakhis and book written by other gursikhs of him).

If you can't then please don't misguide the sangat by spreading false-information.

Pooranmashi is Bipran Ki Reet. It is not Gurmat. If it is then please provide one shread of evidence from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee proving any significance to Pooranmashi. As for Sant Attar Singh Jee Mastuanay, well he was a tat Khalsa Singh Sabhiya, which is contrary to what many Santmat/Derawalas follow. Jagjit Singh Jee has said it all as far as why Sant Attar Singh Jee held rainsubhais during full moon, as it was simply a matter of having more light because they did not have lighting systems installed back then. So it simply made sense to hold rainsubhais during full moon.

“- Damdami Taksal

- Nirmaley Sampardha (nanaksar, rara sahib sub branches).

- Nihangs.

- Sevapanthis

-Sant Samajs

- Niskham Jatha”

Since when has Nanaksar and Rarasahib become Nirmalas? And which Nirmala Akhara do they belong to?

Guest Kamar Kasa

Nanaksar link to Baba Harnam Singh Bhuchowaley(who was ustad of baba nand singh maharaj) Baba Harnam Singh Ji is Nirmala.. you can see his Akhara at Bucho kalan Village.

&

Rara sahib lineage is filled with nirmale sants ie- Baba Sahib Singh Bedi, Baba Karam Singh Hoti Mardan, Baba Bir Singh Naurangabad, Baba Attar Singh Reru Sahib, Baba Aya Singh Ji, Baba Isher Singh Ji and present rara sahib sants all have links with Nirmalei.

yo people wots nanakshahi calender and how does it differ to bikrami calender???

Some information is found on these websites:

http://www.geocities.com/pspurewal/Purewal.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/si...tures/calendar/

http://www.sgpc.net/festivals/Jantri%20Samat%20536.pdf [DOWNLOAD! It is in Punjabi, 23 pages, if you bother reading..]

http://www.goldencurios.com/Calendar.htm (same document in paper-document)

http://allaboutsikhs.com/way/sikhdates.htm

Kamar Kasa,

May i add the names of following Panthic orgs that support NC in your list:

- Dal Khalsa

- DSGPC

- PSGPC

- Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar-Mann)

- Akal Purakh Ki Fauj

- World Sikh Council

- Most Singh Sabhas around the world.... rolleyes.gif

By

the way,

NC does have pooranmashi days marked, but they have nothing to do with Gurmat. It is simply Punjabi/Hindu tradition, and just like in the west people have a day of on Sundays to go to church etc., back in days in India they decided to make fullmoon day kind of 'religious day'. again, nothing to do with Gurmat.