Sikh leaders spur Dr. Ambedkar plan to convert millions of dalits to Sikhism.

Is it true that in the early 19th century, Sikh leaders spurned Dr. Ambedkar plans to convert millions of hindu dalits to Sikhism ? I keep hearing this story over and over. They say that Dr. Ambedkar was tired of bigoted brahmins and their mistreatment of Dalits and he had planned to convert millions of them to Khalsa, and went to talk to Sikh leaders , but the sikh leaders were swayed by Nehru and Gandhi to not follow through with the plans because then those " high caste , in power , elite " sikhs would lose their power of the religion , due to it being filled by dalits. I always knew , Nehru was a scumbag and a snake and the worst enemy of Sikhs , some say he was the descendent of Gangu , and even Gandhi was no better, that pedophile was always jelous of Bhagat Singh and his popularity with the rest of the country and did nothing to stop him from being hanged .. But the worst thing is again the Gaddari , the soo called sikh leaders were afraid to lose their grip and power over sikhism and decided to not strengthen Sikhism with number due to their own greed.  Time and time again , the Sikhs have been backstabbed by their own , the gaddari runs deep..  Guru Gobind couldn't fix the wicked nature of his countrymen , since Sikhs have always been stabbed not by outside enemies but soo called " sikhs "  , their own. So apparentley, Ambedkar converted the dalits to Buddhism. 

Due to the fact that Hinduism was influencing Sikhism greatly during that time, and in fact there was caste in Sikhism during those days, the British had data of the population of certain caste of Sikhs like Jatts, and etc, during the time when they were carving Hindustan, the Mazhabi Sikhs wanted their own land, Majabistan , it also seemed that Master Tara Singh must've been responsible for causing the Dalits to not convert to Sikhism. As Tara was a Hindu Khatri Malholtra before he became a Sikh, and around that time Khatri's were discriminatory and had Hindu Practices. Even look at the Khatri's before Tara they were discriminatory as well, ironically one of the leaders of the Singh Sabha was a Bedi who was descended from Guru Nanak and wanted to be called Sanatan Sikhs and wanted to be associated with Sikhism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh_Sabha_Movement

Isn't it kind of ironic that you are complaining about caste, but in your forum name you put Zorawar Singh "Saini" which obviously comes from the Saini.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saini

It's always Ironic how Sikh always complain about caste, yet they have names such as Balbir Singh "Bains" or Jagraj "Sidhu", and they complain, while I see those that talk about Khalistan have "Putt de Jattan" on their trucks, or on their facebook profiles. The hypocrisy we live in.

3 hours ago, ZorawarSinghSaini said:

Had the dalits converted to Sikhism, Sikhs would've had numbers on their side during 1947 when demanding their own state. 

you've  hit the nail on the head .... just think how scary a prospect that would have been for the brahmin and ksratiya  caste in Northern India they seem more kattard than the southerners . As the quote goes an untouchable has to only go and have amrit then he would be greeted by all as a Sardar ji and treated by all with great respect on his return.

2 hours ago, ZorawarSinghSaini said:

Guru Gobind couldn't fix the wicked nature of his countrymen

Do you mean Guru Gobind Singh ji?

Anyway, yes, this episode is related in Sirdar Kapur Singh's Sachi Sakhi.

As to the truth of it, who knows?

A Sikh nationalist writer named Baljit Singh has cast doubt that the episode was quite so dramatic as Kapur Singh makes it sound. He also states that Ambedkar had his own designs, and did not have plans to become a devout Sikh or anything, merely to use Sikh institutions to further his political desires.

2 hours ago, CanadianSingh said:

Due to the fact that Hinduism was influencing Sikhism greatly during that time, and in fact there was caste in Sikhism during those days, the British had data of the population of certain caste of Sikhs like Jatts, and etc, during the time when they were carving Hindustan, the Mazhabi Sikhs wanted their own land, Majabistan , it also seemed that Master Tara Singh must've been responsible for causing the Dalits to not convert to Sikhism. As Tara was a Hindu Khatri Malholtra before he became a Sikh, and around that time Khatri's were discriminatory and had Hindu Practices. Even look at the Khatri's before Tara they were discriminatory as well, ironically one of the leaders of the Singh Sabha was a Bedi who was descended from Guru Nanak and wanted to be called Sanatan Sikhs and wanted to be associated with Sikhism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singh_Sabha_Movement

There were two Singh Sabhas

The one you mentioned with Khem Singh Bedi was the Amritsar Singh Sabha while the Singh Sabha we generally associate with is the Lahore Singh Sabha.

Khem Singh Bedi believed since he was a decedent of Guru Nanak, he sat himself on a throne and had people do Chaur of him as "Guru".

Image result for khem singh bedi

5 hours ago, CanadianSingh said:

Isn't it kind of ironic that you are complaining about caste, but in your forum name you put Zorawar Singh "Saini" which obviously comes from the Saini.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saini

It's always Ironic how Sikh always complain about caste, yet they have names such as Balbir Singh "Bains" or Jagraj "Sidhu", and they complain, while I see those that talk about Khalistan have "Putt de Jattan" on their trucks, or on their facebook profiles. The hypocrisy we live in.

The problem with just keeping singh / kaur as a name is, when you get married, sometimes you might end up marrying your cousins or relatives, since everyone's name is the same, I don't mind dropping it, but it would get confusing if 20-100 million people are named singh or kaur . There would be problems with getting jobs , relocating , identity theft and more . As far as the name is concerned , i don't really care about it , I just care about adding numbers to Khalsa. 

20 hours ago, ZorawarSinghSaini said:

The problem with just keeping singh / kaur as a name is, when you get married, sometimes you might end up marrying your cousins or relatives, since everyone's name is the same, I don't mind dropping it, but it would get confusing if 20-100 million people are named singh or kaur . There would be problems with getting jobs , relocating , identity theft and more . As far as the name is concerned , i don't really care about it , I just care about adding numbers to Khalsa. 

You got a good point, but you can just put the name of your Pind that isn't associated with caste.