US student needs help urgently

Guest AnyName

Guest AnyName

WJKK WJKF ji,

I'm an international student in US who used to be a really good student in Science. I came here to study strong fields of Computer Science which required to sell all property we had in India and also take debt. My parents only saw my dreams and sold all the property.

After coming in the US, (I got into a few prestigious universities like UWaterloo) but chose an affordable one. The university is really for-money only and no education was found. I felt like cheated but couldn't do anything. I had no idea which University I should transfer to. I felt confused.

I accepted it as Maharaj's Bhaana and attended this college. It's going to be almost an year. Really bad things happened with me

I asked so many professors that I'm doing a research in making a device for blind people and various other interests I shared. All of them heavily discouraged me all the time. In classes, I was pointed out all the time. The professors wanted me to praise them for some reason, I felt like.

All my internal peace and confident got murdered. This semester, I went through a financial hardships. I am only eating once in 2 days since the last 3 months.

I've been trying really really hard to stay alright. But the professors killed all my confidence and self esteem. I have exams coming up and I'm so low I couldn't even study. Everything is failing. I have no idea what to do. I got a job but the Starbucks manager asked me to cut my beard which is hard although I used to trim it before. Everytime I try, the financial issue always comes up. I felt like I couldn't tie turban. I'm so poor after paying thousands of dollars in international & out-of-state tuition.

I really wanted to ask my veer and bhenjis to please suggest me something. I'm really going through tough time. I've been in a situation where a large part of my funding is taken while returned nothing in education.

I've been murdered internally. Please help.

Don't be disillusioned and don't lose heart. These struggles are character building and will ultimately make you stronger and provide you with valuable experiences you would never encounter if life coasted along from one success to the next. 

Indians are not known to think outside the box and deviate from the well-trod path, but sometimes people in places of authority aren't always correct, and believe it or not they don't always have your best interests at heart. That's possibly quite a mildly traumatic revelation to someone who believes the "system" is always beyond reproach. Take it as a lesson; keep your head down and do what needs to be done but NEVER give away your ideas even in an educational environment. Never.

On 5/10/2018 at 12:58 PM, Guest AnyName said:

After coming in the US, (I got into a few prestigious universities like UWaterloo) but chose an affordable one.

U Waterloo is in Canada. Then you went to the US?

The university is really for-money only and no education was found.

You mean a "for-profit" university? Didn't Obama ban those? What exactly are you talking about? 

Also, it's going to be hard to help you if you don't tell us which college you're going to.

I came here to study strong fields of Computer Science which required to sell all property we had in India and also take debt. My parents only saw my dreams and sold all the property.

Extremely bad idea to sell your land. A quick Google search reveals you could have done your Comp Sci degree from IGNOU for 30,000 Rs. ($447). That's for the whole 3 years. Your greed led you to sell your precious inheritance, granted to you by your forefathers, and now you're about to drop out with nothing to show for it?

Man up and finish the course, or if you've run out of money, return to home, and finish a Comp Sci degree from IGNOU. Forget the fluffy projects like a device for the blind. It's great if you can build it, but if you can't, shelve it for now, and maybe later God will give you a chance to build it.

After getting a degree, get a job, any job in the computing field. Be patient, and you'll get promotions.

Dont worry about paying off you dept you have tons of time to pay it off usually is minimum payment.. do eat properly you should be eating at amritvela.. find a dharmic place where you can visit at amritvela everyday hopefully you are doing your amritvela nitnem, also take cold showers only, with these in your day I doubt you should have any problem in the day ever.

You can always switch colleges, I recommend if you are going into software there are lots of online courses you can add to your resume for example freecodecamp.com 

try applying for computer jobs, if you get lots of interviews your resume is good else it is not, if you get lots of interviews but not offers you need to think of a few things to say during the interview and say them when the chance comes.  

How is your sleep if its not good always remember that this janam is precious, if it is good you are just having bad luck this year next year should be different.