Gurdwara Designs

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

Re; the 'Seven Kings Gurdwara' thread on the main page:

Sister not to offend but that gurdwara on francis road is in leyton not leytonstone as thats a different area as i have been there a few times.

Its easy to mix up leyton with Leytonstone.

Yes it is as they both sound the same

maybe but I've always known it as leytonstone  since a kid ..they are basically on top of each other and the boundary's not clear cut .

At the very real risk of severely annoying MisterSingh, who absolutely detests my socio-history lectures :) I'm gonna take the risk and weigh in on this one :

Are you all telling us you've never noticed that great big road running through the middle ?  the A12.  Well, that's the dividing line between Leyon and Leytonstone. For those older (like jkvlondon) who were born before the road was built or before the Romans invaded Britain, the tube track is also a significant marker for the border between the two.

Orignal Akal Takht Sahib

Related image

mid 19th century artwork Inside original Akal Takht 

Painting of Bhagat Kabir ji 

Image result

Guru Nanak Dev ji 

Related image

Guru Gobind Singh ji

Image result for original akal takht frescoes

Guru Hargobind sahib ji

Related image

Guru Hargobind and Bhai Bidhi Chand

Related image

The artwork in Akal Takht sahib was so beautiful 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:34 PM, puzzled said:

Artwork inside Harmandir sahib 

_MG_1737small.jpg

1.jpg

10ec720ea14328b4b63e9471690b983d.jpg

13245_golden_temple_interior.png

13754189_910331129100307_6290017647353689510_n.jpg

352px-TajJaliInlay.jpg

6972487755_618b63dfd3_b.jpg

Ceiling_of_the_Golden_Temple_in_gold_and_precious_stones.JPG

fc70f342493be621f2d338e8ffc78c28.jpg

ecb42879b334ff75ee5a576a646e6018.jpg

golden temple1_sikhi wallpaper.jpg

golden temple4_sikhi wallpaper.jpg

img_4325.jpg

img_4345.jpg

img_4355.jpg

jaspal_mural_fig_2.jpg

tumblr_ot554crSmW1runhedo1_1280.jpg25398839_197476637483918_6621689818979617658_n.jpg

There's only one word Puzzled: Wow !!!! Absolutely exquisite.

But....I just have to say something about one of the pictures (below): Raymond Weil wall clocks are expensive and can sometimes be a beautiful thing to look at in their own right BUT....there is a time (excuse the pun) and a place. I'd like to find the man at SGPC that thought it would be a good idea to place a clock there...give him a good shake...and a firm lecture about art and architecture :@

And it seems to be a running theme with the people that run the Golden Temple complex. At least one of them there has an obvious fetish for clocks. I mean if you look at the  picture above who in their right mind would look at the elegance and ambience of that surrounding and instead of being blown away by it's sheer beauty thinks to himself "ooh...you know what this place needs.....a clock on the wall"

img_4325.jpg

On 6/28/2018 at 9:20 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

There's only one word Puzzled: Wow !!!! Absolutely exquisite.

But....I just have to say something about one of the pictures (below): Raymond Weil wall clocks are expensive and can sometimes be a beautiful thing to look at in their own right BUT....there is a time (excuse the pun) and a place. I'd like to find the man at SGPC that thought it would be a good idea to place a clock there...give him a good shake...and a firm lecture about art and architecture :@

And it seems to be a running theme with the people that run the Golden Temple complex. At least one of them there has an obvious fetish for clocks. I mean if you look at the  picture above who in their right mind would look at the elegance and ambience of that surrounding and instead of being blown away by it's sheer beauty thinks to himself "ooh...you know what this place needs.....a clock on the wall"

I agree with that, They also are destroying priceless artwork by drilling holes into the wall. Harmandir sahib is one of the few places we have left which is dated back to the Sikh empire and the SGPC are still destroying it. Historical buildings are important as they are part of our heritage and history. The artwork in Harmandir sahib is a reflection of the time when we were kings and ruling the whole of Punjab. Historical buildings are a part of our story and journey as Sikhs.  These old buildings have a story to tell...