My mom is Sikh-Hindu.

Gagan1995

36 minutes ago, singhunit said:

Regarding the snakes - they are linked to the shrines. The snake is a form of the spirit - they can change forms.

They only demand manta as your families would have started this tradition.

So the snakes are the baba who the shrine belongs too ? 

Now there's people coming out of the woodwork.  >>I mentioned a little stuff about these jaagahs and how so many apnay people are involved in them.  Lighting the diva, not eating meat or consuming daroo on Sundays and all that.  

I managed to put two and two together about some of these because my family was also involved in this stuff. Me, on the other hand, I 've completely broken away from it and not had repercussions or suffered -consequences -unlike other family members.

It's all about Naam. The spirits are stuck and have different reasons. but the main thing is that they don't have naam and didn't get naam when alive as human.  Gurbani tells us that this manas janam is our only chance to get naam and to get liberated. The jaagahs and shrines are for ones that may have given shaheedi or died in name of love for other reason Sadly, they never had naam and  couldn't hear anhad shabad/naam.  Some of these spirits start doing loads of bhagtee like someoe said about guy under tree,  But no matter how much they do, it won't be enough to get mukht as easily when compared to naam. Reason why they hang around and have shrines for generations.  I don't know if they do eventually get mukht from shrine worship or if they go back into lakh chaurasi.  That's akaal purakhs decision and hukam.

Most of you know that hey are not just some ghoulies or ghost spirits. many of these have enormous shaktee due to their good karams and pon daan when they were once human. They are way above poot and pret stuff because they know that worship has to be done. Must be pretty distressed and regret wasting their manas janam by not getting naam.  Because of their good deeds and understanding, some have enormous shaktee.  This is why they can take protective forms of snakes in order to protect shrine and energy it holds.. Believe me, they can do serious damage to families that stray and don't do service in their name. The spirits count on  jaagah worship and hope that the family can help liberate them. they can be around for  hundreds of years if they take snake forms. They ensure family peeree continues for generations and the jaagahs shaktee can grant a continuous line of single sons in family. Can entice family by providing loads and loads of money and dholat.  I know of a few families that gained enormous wealth when doing the jaagah worship and lost it all if they stopped. 

Cut long story short, it's all about "naam".  It took me a while to learn about it and make effort to get away from it. I can only speak for myself and how I handled it as per my family. I wouldn't advise someone make a u-turn because I did it, but you must do Simran and paath before your mann can elevate above it.  

I too have seen my family suffer apart from my dad who acknowledges the jaggah.

I have sen majority of my family that hasn't really suffer - children passing away, divorce, drugs, general unhappiness.

Paji - glad you advised not to try and make a u turn as really not that simple.

What do you think people from India think when they come over here to stay around December 25th? They would find it weird that all these 'sikhs' are running around like fools trying to get 'presents' for people then feasting on the birth day of Jesus....isn't that weird? Or how about around 'easter' time when 'sikhs' buy easter eggs for the kids. If you live in a hindu majority country, where the hindus run things its more than likely that 'sikhs' will out of their own ego (want to be part of the dominant group) or miseducation will get involved with Hindu traditions. No doubt in time (well they already kiss up to those in power) of established sikhs in places like Dubair, soon they'll be celebrating 'eid' because its the thing to do there.

iv seen a lot of families suffer because they don't light divas at these jaggahs. There are families whose sons have died because they didn't light divas   i also know families where they couldn't have sons because they didn't believe in their ancestral jaggah. These spirits have a lot of power 

The spirits also follow you abroad lol. People living abroad get harassed by them too. 

It's scary stuff 

I think people get really trapped in these jaggahs 

My mama who lives in the UK if he doesn't send money back to the jaggah he starts seeing this really dark figure in his house. He sees flashes of someone all dressed in black. He now goes India like once a year to visit the jaggah and clean it.   It's like a trap isn't it ...