Marrying someone with the same last name as nanikay

Guest Singh

38 minutes ago, BhForce said:

If it's not the 1800s anymore, why do you even bother with a Guru from the 1700s? Or a Granth originally written in 1604?

The moral virtues are eternal.

Go ahead and marry your sister. You know full well what they call someone who does that in Punjabi. A bhen****. It's a disgusting, vile, despicable act done by despicable people.

But you go ahead and do it because it's not the 1800s anymore.

The question was about gots (clans), not castes. Gots are to be found in every "caste".

It doesn't matter if you're Khatri, Jatt, Ramdasia, Mazbi, etc., you can't marry your sister.

This should be so simple, stop thinking with your p*n*is.

maybe he's eyeing up his sisters already as possibles , I mean we had a bibi in a chakkar with her cousin asking what to do ... Waheguru , honestly people's sense has gone out the window. My kids and their first cousins share fifty percent of their genetic makeup , ever wonder why in Punjabi we don't have the equivalent of the word cousin just veer ji or bhen ji , or the very exact long hand description of the relationship.

43 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Oh, yeah, because outside of India, the laws of genetics are suspended.

Great thinking, Sherlock.

You do know that in England, the percentage of Pakistanis with genetic defects far outpaces their small percentage of the population, don't you?

"Singh marries a Kaur"

Yeah, so your name's Singh, I suppose. Your sister's name is Kaur.

Simple as that.

I think that why apne kept their goths when coming out of India to help not falling foul of our traditions and to keep marrying out of goth . First thing people ask you is your Dadake or Nanake to make sure they are not messing up it's that's transparent , so on that basis even if you stuck to Kaur and Singh alone you should be clear and easy going forward.

18 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

So by that, do you guys mean if im a "PUREWAL", then i shall never marry another "PUREWAL". even if she's born a 1000 miles away from us and we are a perfect match ( by VICHAARs ) ?

just because she's born a 1000 miles away from you doesn't mean she cannot have common ancestors to you. So yes it is better you don't, probably you'd get rejected by her folks on the same basis anyhow .

9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

just because she's born a 1000 miles away from you doesn't mean she cannot have common ancestors to you. So yes it is better you don't, probably you'd get rejected by her folks on the same basis anyhow .

originally, i never said you should marry any of your sisters/ cousins even from far away distance.... But i do not agree with your "ancestoral" point because i dont think we need to go back 200-300 years in history to pick a relation that and say "Oh she is my sister from 1700s" and say no to a good match.... I dont get why people forget that 

ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਸੂਤੁ ਏਕੁ ਮਣਿ ਸਤ ਸਹੰਸ ਜੈਸੇ ਓਤਿ ਪੋਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ page 485

regardless, i respect your opinion, thank you for sharing it.... NO HATRED. 

5 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

originally, i never said you should marry any of your sisters/ cousins even from far away distance.... But i do not agree with your "ancestoral" point because i dont think we need to go back 200-300 years in history to pick a relation that and say "Oh she is my sister from 1700s" and say no to a good match.... I dont get why people forget that 

ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਸਭੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਸੂਤੁ ਏਕੁ ਮਣਿ ਸਤ ਸਹੰਸ ਜੈਸੇ ਓਤਿ ਪੋਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੋਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ page 485

That's y i said in the first place to ahead marry your sister in that case you r jumping from one point to another first you took on to casteism then this yes even your sister comes into the above said bani so where is the exception in that case

11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

maybe he's eyeing up his sisters already as possibles , I mean we had a bibi in a chakkar with her cousin asking what to do ... Waheguru , honestly people's sense has gone out the window. My kids and their first cousins share fifty percent of their genetic makeup , ever wonder why in Punjabi we don't have the equivalent of the word cousin just veer ji or bhen ji , or the very exact long hand description of the relationship.

Exactly. Thanks!

There's no such thing as "cousin marriage" in our society. There's plenty of stuff the Europeans or other societies have done better than us. But this is one where we excel over them.

It's only when the Muslims invaded Punjab that some Punjabis (who became Muslims) started to marry their sisters (sick). They are so depraved they'll even marry their chache di kuri that lives in the same house as them!

10 hours ago, Amit12 said:

So by that, do you guys mean if im a "PUREWAL", then i shall never marry another "PUREWAL". even if she's born a 1000 miles away from us and we are a perfect match ( by VICHAARs ) ?

1000 miles? Doesn't matter.

"perfect match" ? You're confused about what marriage is. 

You're not meant to marry someone who is exactly like you.

You're meant to marry someone who is your complement. That, by definition, means someone who is opposite to you in many ways.

Physically, you're meant to marry someone of the opposite sex. Also one who is far away genetically. 
We practice exogamous marriage, the highest and best form of marriage.

Societally, we don't marry the daughters of our clan. You don't understand because you're a teenage male. Think about it. If you were a girl, and you happened to meet someone from your clan, say while travelling, you instantly have a brother that you can ask for a help or whatever.

If, however, we go according to what you say, then that means you will have the hots for her, and, quite obviously, she can't trust you that you don't have bad intentions (like sc#rewing her), so she can never see you as a brother.

Our society is set up this way so women can have the help of tens (or hundreds) of brothers because life is rough for females.

Mr. Amit12, however, would destroy this simply so he can marry one of his sisters.

Think bro.

Also: You're not thinking this far ahead, but what would you want for your daughter: For her to be able to count on tens or hundreds of brothers, or for to be able to marry one of them?

9 hours ago, Amit12 said:

You've become a coconut. Get your head out of the sand and lose your "Blue Lagoon" fantasies. (A movie where two cousins are stranded on an island and end up getting physical.)

Also, please don't quote lines like that in relation to this topic.

The line you quoted says Gobind (God) is in all.

I could ask you whether Gobind is in you (Yes), and also in your sister (not bhua di kuri, but the daughter of your father and mother). The answer, also, is Yes.

So why can't you marry your sister?

Go ahead and struggle to explain.