Someone tried to convert me today, I'm confused.

namespace

Let me explain: at work I don't wear paaj because the bishop of the entire catholic area is down the street and most black customers wouldn't buy and muslims wouldn't come in, but a lady tried to talk to me about Jehovah's Witness.  She asked if I was russian (<banned word filter activated>) and then said she was facinated with russia after she saw dr.jevago as a child.  After I said leaving your wife for a younger woman was bad she asked my favorite movies then about the bible.   You would be surprised how little your average christian knows about the bible,  probably less than we do!  Anyway she said to come to their church and talk to them I sound like someone who has the right idea about God.

What am I supposed to say?  She worships God (just not named Waheguru in this instance) and I don't want to be rude.  I thought immediately about how muslims tried to subjugate the panth and christians try to convert punjabis in the UK so should I have been angry and shower her the kirpan or just try to do a mini-parchar?  She said she is coming back.

2 hours ago, namespace said:

Let me explain: at work I don't wear paaj because the bishop of the entire catholic area is down the street and most black customers wouldn't buy and muslims wouldn't come in, but a lady tried to talk to me about Jehovah's Witness.  She asked if I was russian (<banned word filter activated>) and then said she was facinated with russia after she saw dr.jevago as a child.  After I said leaving your wife for a younger woman was bad she asked my favorite movies then about the bible.   You would be surprised how little your average christian knows about the bible,  probably less than we do!  Anyway she said to come to their church and talk to them I sound like someone who has the right idea about God.

What am I supposed to say?  She worships God (just not named Waheguru in this instance) and I don't want to be rude.  I thought immediately about how muslims tried to subjugate the panth and christians try to convert punjabis in the UK so should I have been angry and shower her the kirpan or just try to do a mini-parchar?  She said she is coming back.

look they have a book on all the world religions which they give their missionaries I've seen it, so most of her knowledge is based on what that book contains which is very little in terms of sikhi so , I would stick to your guns and tell her That yes you believe in the one true Creator , who has no equal and you have your own practice and meditation routine within sikhi and are happy with that , thanks anyway . She will probably get agitated and start justifying preaching at you but tell her in no uncertain terms that you wish her well but no thanks .

She will then try to downplay sikhi via her notes ...just don't argue unless she tells you blatant untruths set her straight . Get her to agree with the idea that God is all encompassing, loving, merciful etc when she agrees then tell her that's what you believe also and that's why you can never agree with a faith that tries to describe Him as having a conditional love for his creation and creatures, of having human faults such as jealousy, wrath etc . i.e. hoist her on her own pittard

PS. never be ashamed of wearing your pagh , Guru ji's hand will be over you when you trust him to have your back

33 minutes ago, puzzled said:

These jehova t@rts even go as far as learning Punjabi to convert low iq punjabis into their cult. Show her the door and tell her to do one. 

we used to live on a council estate as kids and every weekend if it wasn't the local spiritualist church it was the Jehovah's witnesses and their watchtower pushers ... We all got to practise  with the subtle art of de-winding  their arguments : ' we are here to tell you Jesus loves you.... Thanks I knew that but nice you confirmed it (shut door)' 'Hello do you believe in God ? ... Yes There is one True Creator and He loves All , The Creator has my heart ... but Jesus is Lord ... didn't Jesus teach you to pray to His Father ? well Yes ...that's who I pray to only, thanks for the conversation , have a nice day (shut door) '

I suppose posing the question why is it only people of colour are promoting the faith of the colonial master door to door may cross a few lines but I would consider it for the belligerant Male types

15 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

look they have a book on all the world religions which they give their missionaries I've seen it, so most of her knowledge is based on what that book contains which is very little in terms of sikhi so , I would stick to your guns and tell her That yes you believe in the one true Creator , who has no equal and you have your own practice and meditation routine within sikhi and are happy with that , thanks anyway . She will probably get agitated and start justifying preaching at you but tell her in no uncertain terms that you wish her well but no thanks .

She will then try to downplay sikhi via her notes ...just don't argue unless she tells you blatant untruths set her straight . Get her to agree with the idea that God is all encompassing, loving, merciful etc when she agrees then tell her that's what you believe also and that's why you can never agree with a faith that tries to describe Him as having a conditional love for his creation and creatures, of having human faults such as jealousy, wrath etc . i.e. hoist her on her own pittard

PS. never be ashamed of wearing your pagh , Guru ji's hand will be over you when you trust him to have your back

Hmm, thanks for your experience on this subject indeed.  I have never EVER had someone go out of their way to try to convert me or stand against the dharma of our Guru.  Have they truly have been trained to be so belligerent even though we are supplicants(am I using this term correctly) of the very same God?   Anyway, to cut my response short, in the future I will be very short and say "Thank you, but no thanks."

I wonder if they will target me now, since they obviously are being trained.

27 minutes ago, namespace said:

Hmm, thanks for your experience on this subject indeed.  I have never EVER had someone go out of their way to try to convert me or stand against the dharma of our Guru.  Have they truly have been trained to be so belligerent even though we are supplicants(am I using this term correctly) of the very same God?   Anyway, to cut my response short, in the future I will be very short and say "Thank you, but no thanks."

I wonder if they will target me now, since they obviously are being trained.

we are the biggest target for christian missionaries , muslims, hindus because we fought so hard and for so long to keep our faith , it's a big scalp to show off... that's why we need to prepare by knowing our path intimately

Iv had Muslims, Christians, jehova and hare Krishna trying to convert me and tell me their way is the only way.  The only one who didn't try to convert me was this Chinese lady lol  she just gave me a book on life and spiritual things, we then had chat about god and life and both agreed with each other's views which basically were the same lol