Is it possible for humans to emerge into God simply by... believing they will?

Singh1989

32 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Any views, shabds or Sakhi/ stories?

No, man, it's not possible to merge into God simply by thinking it so. This not Star Trek.

First of all, you attain spiritual status through the Word (Shabad). Just do a search in Gurbani for ਸਬਦਿ (with the sihari on the end). That means "by the Word". You'll get plenty of lines to help you out.

Secondly, merging into God depends on kirpa (grace). That's something that Satguru grants. It's not something that you can will into existence on your own.

That's like saying you can think yourself into a million-dollar bank account.

ਮਨ ਤੂੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਆਪਣਾ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੁ ॥

ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਰੰਗੁ ਮਾਣੁ ॥

ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਤਾਂ ਸਹੁ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਮਰਣ ਜੀਵਣ ਕੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਹੋਈ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਤਾਂ ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥

ਮਨਿ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਆਈ ਵਜੀ ਵਧਾਈ ਤਾ ਹੋਆ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥

ਇਉ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮਨ ਤੂੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਅਪਣਾ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੁ ॥੫॥

A Human is already are a part of the  GOD.... just be a Gurmukh man, Live according to Gurmat, You are already the ONE when you walk the righteous path.

12 hours ago, Amit12 said:

ਮਨ ਤੂੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਆਪਣਾ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੁ ॥

ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਰੰਗੁ ਮਾਣੁ ॥

ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਤਾਂ ਸਹੁ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਮਰਣ ਜੀਵਣ ਕੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਹੋਈ ॥

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਤਾਂ ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥

ਮਨਿ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਆਈ ਵਜੀ ਵਧਾਈ ਤਾ ਹੋਆ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥

ਇਉ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮਨ ਤੂੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਅਪਣਾ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੁ ॥੫॥

A Human is already are a part of the  GOD.... just be a Gurmukh man, Live according to Gurmat, You are already the ONE when you walk the righteous path.

Yeh we are already Truth. We just need to accept it, apply and practice it in Life. 

We need to be Good, strong, confident, have self belief in ourselves that we are Truth, not believe or care about losers or haters or negativities of others, be strong willed and do good for others,be a humanitarian. 

Separation is an illusion based on senses. The ultimate truth is that there is Only one not two three or infinite. Belief in it exclusively ignore the rest. We are always merged nothing exist outside of GOD. It’s like jewel and Gold they are not Separate.Melting Gold jewel become Gold in its original form. Thats why Masters don’t choose else they stick to the same choosing GOD over and over even tortured they see the illusion we don’t. But belief is the key to any manifestation. Believing is seeing not Seeing is believing 

No  because that will be like the abrahamic faiths. Christians believe by accepting Jesus as the son of God and saviour will give you salvation. All it takes to be a muslim is accept Allah, his prophets and muhammad as the last prophet and that will take you to jannah 

This kind of thinking is abrahamic. 

You need to create a relationship with God not just accept God

On 12/4/2018 at 10:54 PM, Singh1989 said:

Any views, shabds or Sakhi/ stories?

When Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaaj went to Makkah (Mecca) the people there after accepting that Guru ji was divine, they asked which religion is better (i.e. who will go to heaven). Do you know what Guru Sahib said? He said without good actions both will be crying.

Just by accepting a Guru, a saviour e.g. Jesus Christ doesn't guarantee your salvation. I think many have misinterpreted it to mean Chal Bas, I live my life how I like now because whatever I do will be forgiven. They then forget that you have to serve and listen to the teachings, implement them into your life and realise God.

To answer your question, by thinking you will and definitely will is haumai. I mean Sants know if they are saved because they have given all to the Guru but if someone hasn't then you can never know.