The Psyche of UK Sikhs - This can't end well can it ?

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

1 minute ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Sikhs got like no political power in the U.S. compared to Canadian and UK Sikhs. 

That’s why I’m saying they need to band together. Despite arriving fairly recent (most Sikhs there are 1st or 2nd gen) they’ve already accomplished a lot and make much more money than Canadian and UK Sikhs. They just need to start pouring money into certain initiatives. Also they need to make more babies

On 11/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, Jassu said:

UK Sikhs are weird. There’s something off about them - what do you mean ? 

I think American Sikhs are very successful and then we have the Canadian Sikhs which are very pendu and have made some parts of Canada a second Punjab. However Canadian politics pander heavily to Sikh minorities. Despite arriving and living in the UK at the same time as the sullehs and having similar numbers, sullehs have accomplished much more than UK Sikhs (in terms of recognition and politics). It’s the opposite in Canada and the US. 

Is it true that UK Sikhs also have the highest rate of marrying goreh? A lot of female Sikhs in the UK do this.

I think a lot of US Sikh women do too, example is Nimrata Randhawa. I don’t know if there is a way to get any stats though 

Our best bet are the American Sikhs, they need to band together and help the quom. Some American politicians are also more willing to listen.

which South American politicians or Nations are you thinking of ?

@Jassu

On 11/14/2021 at 3:38 PM, Jassu said:

That’s why I’m saying they need to band together. Despite arriving fairly recent (most Sikhs there are 1st or 2nd gen) they’ve already accomplished a lot and make much more money than Canadian and UK Sikhs. They just need to start pouring money into certain initiatives. Also they need to make more babies

Look at Nikki Haley. What a sell out.  

On 11/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, Jassu said:

Despite arriving and living in the UK at the same time as the sullehs and having similar numbers, sullehs have accomplished much more than UK Sikhs (in terms of recognition and politics). It’s the opposite in Canada and the US. 

Few aspects to this:

1. The aftermath of 9/11 and the subsequent years of European Islamic terror attacks was the beginning of the appeasement of UK Muslims. Once the initial right-wing media's anti-Muslim bombardment had died down by the end of the '00s and the start of the '10s, the liberal faction of the establishment decided to "protect" Muslims by enabling them into positions of authority and power in the hope that any grievances they held that might compel them into committing acts of terrorism, would be eliminated if they were tempted by the lure of temporal power. As a result Muslim prominence and reach in terms of political and cultural exposure has been artificially inflated by a System that gave them a leg-up as opposed to it coming from purely organic Muslim graft. This is the point at which UK Sikhs were left behind. We simply cannot compete with a minority which the establishment has decided to prop-up.

2. There's also a "backs against the wall" element that galvanised the Muslim demographic, pushing some of them to seek legitimacy through accessing the professional or middle class rungs of society through education, rather than wallowing in their inbred ghettos by perpetuating the stereotypes being attributed to them.

It's remarkable how external hostility from large sections of the majority against a minority has the affect of pushing the latter into seeking some form of redress through personal improvement and progression. Jewish social history from the very early Middle Ages up to the 20th century is evidence of this desire to "infiltrate" the respectable industries in order to gain some form of power, thus warding off any potential trouble (in the short-to-mid term) for that particular minority. Be mindful that this never happens unless there is an influential element within the System itself that is willing to open the door. You could bang on the gates as much as you desire, but if the desire to allow entry isn't serving some greater purpose FOR the forces that control access, then nobody will ever let you inside. The obvious question would then be: who gains from enabling the Muslim ascent to prominence? That's a discussion for another day.

3. UK Sikhs are either sellouts to the establishment (be they the Liberal or Right-wing factions of it) or simply don't participate in the culture to the point where power either in its "soft" (entertainment and sport) or "hard" (politics and high-ranking enterprise) forms is sought with some long-term plan for Sikh advancement in mind. This, as I've highlighted recently, I feel comes from us not having developed deep and strong enough roots to withstand the changes of the cultural winds that seem not to affect other longer established groups and religions to the same degree. Our identity is stil relatively "new" and as such it's as much likely to regress and disappear than it is to go the other way. This phenomenon is more pronounced where Sikhs are fractured and one amongst many other minority groups. Canada is a Sikh strong-hold in terms of Sikh culture and politics (whether one agrees or even likes the Canadian Sikh mentality is irrelevant), therefore they're a lot more stable and established than their European counterparts, possessing a greater degree of control over their autonomy and interests.

UK Sikhs are content to "serve" others in a subordinate role. Sad thing is there'll come a time in the not too distant future where we'll be serving higher-up UK Muslims. The short-sighted ones among us -- the ones who talk about Sikh and Muslim unity -- will think they're "sticking it to the gora" by licking Abdul's shoes for scraps, when in-fact we'll be marching towards our eventual end, and my guess is Abdul will stick the knife in our back when we're of no use to him. Shame on us.

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Few aspects to this:

1. The aftermath of 9/11 and the subsequent years of European Islamic terror attacks was the beginning of the appeasement of UK Muslims. Once the initial right-wing media's anti-Muslim bombardment had died down by the end of the '00s and the start of the '10s, the liberal faction of the establishment decided to "protect" Muslims by enabling them into positions of authority and power in the hope that any grievances they held that might compel them into committing acts of terrorism, would be eliminated if they were tempted by the lure f temporal power. As a result Muslim prominence and reach in terms of political and cultural exposure has been artificially inflated by a System that gave them a leg-up as opposed to it coming from purely organic Muslim graft. This is the point at which UK Sikhs were left behind. We simply cannot compete with a minority which the establishment has decided to prop-up.

The same 'liberals' who have not grown up with or have few Muslim neighbours. Muslims are apparently 4.5% of the population - there are 18 Muslim MP's which is less than 3%. It's not like there are 40 or 50 Muslim MP's. What do you mean they have not 'grafted' - I don't think becoming an MP is often about 'graft'

2. There's also a "backs against the wall" element that galvanised the Muslim demographic, pushing some of them to seek legitimacy through accessing the professional or middle class rungs of society through education, rather than wallowing in their inbred ghettos by perpetuating the stereotypes being attributed to them. 

Muslims have been going into professions like Law and Medicine since at least the 80's in the UK. 

It's remarkable how external hostility from large sections of the majority against a minority has the affect of pushing the latter into seeking some form of redress through personal improvement and progression. Jewish social history from the very early Middle Ages up to the 20th century is evidence of this desire to "infiltrate" the respectable industries in order to gain some form of power, thus warding off any potential trouble (in the short-to-mid term) for that particular minority. Be mindful that this never happens unless there is an influential element within the System itself that is willing to open the door. You could bang on the gates as much as you desire, but if the desire to allow entry isn't serving some greater purpose FOR the forces that control access, then nobody will ever let you inside. The obvious question would then be: who gains from enabling the Muslim ascent to prominence? That's a discussion for another day.  - Please do share your views, I am interested and have no idea what you are alluding to. 

3. UK Sikhs are either sellouts to the establishment (be they the Liberal or Right-wing factions of it) or simply don't participate in the culture to the point where power either in its "soft" (entertainment and sport) or "hard" (politics and high-ranking enterprise) forms is sought with some long-term plan for Sikh advancement in mind. This, as I've highlighted recently, I feel comes from us not having developed deep and strong enough roots to withstand the changes of the cultural winds that seem not to affect other longer established groups and religions to the same degree. Our identity is stil relatively "new" and as such it's as much likely to regress and disappear than it is to go the other way. This phenomenon is more pronounced where Sikhs are fractured and one amongst many other minority groups. Canada is a Sikh strong-hold in terms of Sikh culture and politics (whether one agrees or even likes the Canadian Sikh mentality is irrelevant), therefore they're a lot more stable and established than their European counterparts, possessing a greater degree of control over their autonomy and interests.

UK Sikhs are content to "serve" others in a subordinate role. Sad thing is there'll come a time in the not too distant future where we'll be serving higher-up UK Muslims. The short-sighted ones among us -- the ones who talk about Sikh and Muslim unity -- will think they're "sticking it to the gora" by licking Abdul's shoes for scraps, when in-fact we'll be marching towards our eventual end, and my guess is Abdul will stick the knife in our back when we're of no use to him. Shame on us.   -  Don't know what you mean here. Most Sikhs I know at best, have a baseline distrust and unease about Muslims. Maybe 20-30 years ago they would have felt unity but not now. I don't think Sikhs will easily and willingly put up with being subordinate. 

@Premi5 Present your responses individually as quotes. I'm not copying your reply from a copy of my original post, lol. I'll respond later.

But generally it seems you have huge difficulties grasping unspoken or subtle sentiments, moods, and cues that cover years and decades. You have a very dull and restrictive view on matters that you require spelling out before it sinks in. You're the only person on here whom I need to explain things twice. Everyone else seems to be able to read between the lines. Do you insist that Baba you venerate rationalises every half-cocked idea he throws out?

5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

@Premi5 Present your responses individually as quotes. I'm not copying your reply from a copy of my original post, lol. I'll respond later.

But generally it seems you have huge difficulties grasping unspoken or subtle sentiments, moods, and cues that cover years and decades. You have a very dull and restrictive view on matters that you require spelling out before it sinks in. You're the only person on here whom I need to explain things twice. Everyone else seems to be able to read between the lines. Do you insist that Baba you venerate rationalises every half-cocked idea he throws out?

In your own time

I think my responses were valid. I am trying to give an objective response. I forgot to say or at least I do reflect now that 

"the establishment has decided to prop-up" Muslims is likely true  but in political terms, I think it's because they are trying to get the Muslim vote.