HOLLYWOOD MOVIE FEATURING A SIKH !!

harjinder

Wow,

i havnt bin here for a while, and this is what i find. Its really sad when we accuse and never get satisfied on what us sikhs are achieving. First of all its a very big step for a full sardar, for turbaned sikh to be in a hollywood movie and not as a drunked guy, or one who is really stupid but one of the main characters. Can we guys see the light here, i see NOTHING wrong with him not wearing a turban afer coming out from the sea, i think its at least much betetr for him not wearing a topi like the others are ... come on guys ... stop arguing on such little things .... <_<

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend told me about a year ago that Hollywood is recruiting Singhs to get into the "film business", and once Singhs get some name, they are gonna start recruiting Singhneeya as well!!!..guess she was right..but she also told me that they are getting the Singhs to trim their beard :wub:

Guest noonespecial
Thanks Gurpreet Veerji, ur absolutely right. i meant the fake dari's. There are so many Sikh's in India but when they make a bollywood movie with a sardar they get a mona guy and put a fake dari on his face.

MY BAD BHENJI...

But I'm with you. The last thing you need to see is a so-called "Sikh" with a dhari that seems to be drawn in with a Sharpie. nonono.gif

dude all the people complaining about the actor not wearing a dastaar to cover his kesh in a couple scenes need to chill out. First of all this is a hollywood film made in america. I am glad they showed his kesh because dumb goreh here will see why sikhs wear turbans in the first place, to cover their uncut hair, you wouldn't believe how many people in america don't know that sikhs have unshorn hair...plus many people who do know about sikhs think a turban is just a religious symbol, they don't have a clue that there is a "gutee" underneath. Trust me this will be very educational for people in America and other countries where this film will be shown.

It's better than the damn bollywood flicks where like in Gadar sunny has a pug then he takes it off and is mona! Hollywood at least gets real singhs, bollywood gets johnny lever to play a sardar and they act like sikhs are extinct in India that they gotta get fake ones......

i love how we all sit here and complain about bollywood the indian governemnt and anyone else we can complain about for the way sikhs are treated around the world or the lack of knowledge of sikhi....

here we finally have a guy who's in full sikhi saroop....a successful model too...now in a big screen movie....

so he takes his pug off for a couple of scenes....and SERIOUSLY....he's going DIVING....and i know it's not good to take your pug off...as an amritdhari, we are required to have our kes covered at all times....well...maybe he isn't amritdhari yet....and imagine he saw some of the comments on this page....he'd think that amritdharis are such losers due the judgement filled posts on this thread...that would be great wouldn't it?....

whoever asked me what planet i live on....you SHOW me a Pug made for diving....

just cuz YOU have TUNNEL vision...don't lash out at others....what have you done recently to promote sikhi.....

let's use our buddhi...that bibek budhi that we ask for everyday in ardas to guru ji.... this guy is in a big budget hollywood film...and is a supporting actor....he will DEFINATELY be interviewed by the media...and i can guarantee they'll want to know what the turban is all about...now if we are supportive brothers and sisters...we'll try to get in contact with him....(hint to SMART for assignment)....and congratulate him and at the same time make sure he has accurate info on sikhi so that he can share with viewers.....

come on people...let's start thinking instead of just complaining............

I'd love to hear this guys story. My guess is that he worked hard and knew that his appearance would work against him if he permitted this. There are many mislead simpletons who cut their hair because they have an opportunity to advance in their sport, career or whatever endeavour. Often this ends up being their demise.

In this case, I'm sure that people along the way suggested that he trim his beard or make a caricature of his dastar. He could have probably boosted his career at every offer. He also probably knew that his chances of ever making it might be gone due to his appearance, but it looks like that was irrelevant for this proud gentleman.

Sure know he's now very visible in this industry. But what a struggle it must have been along the way to walk the path he did before getting to this stage. He did not just have someone knock on his door. He's probably overcome many obstacles. My guess is that he stuck to his principles and thought intelligently about what he is doing and what overall message he is portraying.

I'm reserving judgment. For now, from what I have seen from the photos and circumstances of being in water and a beautiful open bearded sardar, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I'm really happy with this movie, this is like the first time theres a proper singh in a hollywood movie that has a good role, u cant expect dumallay and baana straight away can u.As they have more and more singhs and people get used to them, then they can bring in the dumallay.I think its fine that he doesnt wear it during diving, i mean its a start.

ps.big up to the singh