Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

Dasam Granth called as Guru Granth Sahib

20 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

Guru Gobind Singh Jee called Adi Granth, Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

The Khalsa calls Dasam Guru Granth.

what are you trying to point out , Khalsa calls Dasam Guru di Granth , which got shortened to Dasam Guru Granth then to Dasam Granth, it does not mean Khalsa have replaced Guru Granth Sahib ji , just respected Guru Gobind Singh ji's wishes to treat Dasam Guru di Granth and Sarabloh Granth as 'brothers' to Guru ji i.e. supplementary Guruvak

Of course we know historically that Gurgaddi was given to Adi Granth Sahib dictated by Guru Gobind SIngh ji directly to Bhai Mani Singh ji after Dhirmalias refused to give Adi Granth written at Guru Arjun Dev ji's time to him saying 'if you are the true Guru, Waaris of Guru Nanak Dev ji you do not need this granth , you can write it for yourself '. So those who question why didn't Guru Gobind Singh ji add his bani to Guru Granth Sahib ji fail to recognise this fact that all three granths of Sikhi are Guru Mukhvak

32 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

what are you trying to point out , Khalsa calls Dasam Guru di Granth , which got shortened to Dasam Guru Granth then to Dasam Granth, it does not mean Khalsa have replaced Guru Granth Sahib ji , just respected Guru Gobind Singh ji's wishes to treat Dasam Guru di Granth and Sarabloh Granth as 'brothers' to Guru ji i.e. supplementary Guruvak

Of course we know historically that Gurgaddi was given to Adi Granth Sahib dictated by Guru Gobind SIngh ji directly to Bhai Mani Singh ji after Dhirmalias refused to give Adi Granth written at Guru Arjun Dev ji's time to him saying 'if you are the true Guru, Waaris of Guru Nanak Dev ji you do not need this granth , you can write it for yourself '. So those who question why didn't Guru Gobind Singh ji add his bani to Guru Granth Sahib ji fail to recognise this fact that all three granths of Sikhi are Guru Mukhvak

I agree the Khalsa hasn’t replaced Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

But they also believe Dasam Granth is Guru Jee’s Granth. Hence it being called that in the title of this thread.

1 minute ago, Dsinghdp said:

I agree the Khalsa hasn’t replaced Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

But they also believe Dasam Granth is Guru Jee’s Granth. Hence it being called that in the title of this thread.

but ALL banian have been confirmed in purataan Granth of 1698 it is Guru ji's bani and should never be in doubt

Sri Dasam Granth was only called Sri Bachittar Natak Granth. Sri Dasam Granth is a name given after by Khalsa.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:19 PM, FreshMind13 said:

Sri Dasam Granth was only called Sri Bachittar Natak Granth. Sri Dasam Granth is a name given after by Khalsa.

Sri Dasme Patshah Ju ka Granth Sahib is the name given by the Guru after the first binding of the granth in 1698.

It has never been known as "Sri Bachittar Natak Granth." Nor did any Sikh name it as such. Bachittar Natak is one granth that makes up part of the whole Granth.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:19 PM, FreshMind13 said:

Also in the times of the Guru, SGGS was known as "Pothi Sahib." It was the Sikhs who prepared further recensions of it as Sri Guru Granth Sahib,

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• I won't derail the topic, but to answer the question, it's a human to desire to belong to something exclusive. Long-term, from a Sikh perspective, it weakens the overarching super-structure instead of strengthening it. How? Because it allows other non-benevolent factions to emerge (either organically through well-meaning albeit misguided personalities OR entities and groups with an insidious agenda designed to disrupt and fracture) who argue their legitimacy; that they are as justifiable in their existence as the earlier groups. With factions comes conflict. Job done.
    • We should be supporting Sikh businesses where we can. ⠀ ⠀ As Sikhs- we should be uplifting each other as we would in Khalsa Raj. Support our brothers and sisters in their ventures. ⠀ ⠀ We have so many Sikh entrepreneurs that we shouldn’t really need to look outside of the Sikh community- from Creatives to Real Estate. ⠀ ⠀ 
    • While the world is learning to adjust to the challenges the Covid-19 pandemic has brought, India-based Amul dairy is promoting ancient ways of protecting immune systems, with the help of Ayurveda alongside practicing a healthy life style. Amul has already launched an Immunity Booster beverages range – Amul Haldi Doodh, Amul Tulsi Doodh, Amul Ginger Doodh and Amul Ashwagandha Doodh – and now the company has extended the Immunity Booster portfolio with its introduction to the ice cream category. Amul’s new Haldi Ice Cream is made with the goodness of Haldi, Pepper and Honey and the richness of dry fruits including dates, almonds and cashews. Amul describes its new offering as a mix of health and great taste. Turmeric is known for its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. For centuries, traditional systems like Ayurveda have used haldi, both fresh and as a dried spice powder, to promote health. Turmeric is referred to as a super food worldwide for its various health-promoting properties. In addition, pepper is another spice that is known to Indian households to treat respiratory diseases and good for digestion. Honey is also rich in antioxidants and can help dry throats. Accompanying Amul’s new offering is a nationwide TV and print media campaign promoting the products’ health benefits. Amul’s new ice cream is available at a price of Rs 40 (125ml tamper proof cup). The company will soon be adding Immuno Chakra Ice Cream (in a stick of 60ml) and Star Anise Doodh (in a 200ml can) to the range. Haldi Ice Cream is being packed at state of the art manufacturing plants in North and West India, with a production capacity of 5,00,000 packs per day. https://www.dairyindustries.com/news/34965/amul-launches-new-haldi-ice-cream/#:~:text=Amul's new Haldi Ice Cream,antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties.
    • It looks like this word has been used in Faridkot teeka Any 136 ਅਠਸਠਿ ਤੀਰਥ ਸਗਲ ਪੁੰਨ ਜੀਅ ਦਇਆ ਪਰਵਾਨੁ ॥   ਅਠਾਹਠਂ ਤੀਰਥੋਂ ਕੇ ਇਸਨਾਨ ਅਰ ਸਭ ਪੁੰਨੋਂ ਕੇ (ਪਰਵਾਨੁ) ਸਦਰਸ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਜੀਵੋਂ ਪਰ ਵਾ ਆਪਨੇ ਜੀਵ ਪਰ ਦਯਾ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ॥   Looks like it means parvaan if I have understood correctly.   However there is also the following where Faridkot has used the same but here it seems it's been used to mean "other" or "second" if I have understood correctly, unless it means greater or foremost? ਆਪੇ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਏ ਕਰਤਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ਤੁਝੈ ਸਰੇ ॥੯॥  (Ang 552) ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸਭ ਕੁਛ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕਰਤਾ ਕਰਾਉਤਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਦੂਸਰਾ ਕੋਈ (ਸਰੇ) ਸਮਾਨ (ਤੁਝੈ) ਤਿਸ ਕੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ ਵਾ ਹੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਤੂੰ ਸਭ ਕਛੁ ਆਪ ਹੈਂ (ਤੁਝੇ) ਤੇਰੇ ਸਦਰਸ ਹੋਰੁ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ ਇਸੀ ਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੇ ਸਭ ਪਦ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਲਗਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥੯॥   Faridkot teeka has used this word quite a bit, I think it has been used slightly differently at different times. If you put the following search in Google, you can find all the instances the word has been used in Faridkot teeka: "ਸਦਰਸ site:srigranth.org" (without the speech marks)
    • I want to start a thread just about 84 and the movement afterwards so anyone can come here and learn about it more . To kick it off here is a speech of jaswant singh khalra I came across a few days ago. You can feel in his speech that genuine pain in his heart, from having seen with his own eyes the genocide of our own people.    Here is a channel I came across setup as a tribute to 84 for maybe more rare video footage I'd guess not everyone on here has seen.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCmZvPBEoVmtvLrv07TNYtw/videos   also here is an interview of shaheed bhai amrik singh's son bhai tarlochan singh ji,  I will try to keep this tread updated and going, and ask sangat to contribute as well.

Important Information

Terms of Use