Don't call yourself a Sikh if you eat meat.

kidsama

19 hours ago, kidsama said:

I went back and did they were alright..

And the main focus of this post is the Identity of Sikh vs actually practicing Sikhi, and I am using meat as an example. Make sense? 

Really then number one is Naam Simran. Accepting Hukam. Nitnem and Sehajpath. Living breathing, seeing Shabad. We can encourage each other and perhaps non veg will decide one day to be veg. But we should build each other up ...

Oh @kidsama you said you were new. Welcome. There is sort of an ebb flow to this site. Sometimes serious issues the community and world face are discussed. Sometimes deeply profound discussion on various principles or passages of Gurbani. Sometimes its gossip about celebs and politicians and us fighting with each other like children. BUT. If you google any serious question about Sikhia there is almost always a multiperspective thread here about it and there is no denying some very sincere and informative Sikhs are here and have always been here, but also an ever developing archive of legitimate information...intetspersed with ...rediculousness

On 12/4/2019 at 5:41 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

No dude makes perfect sense. You can all climb off your "You're going to hell" box now. It is 100% waspy and in poor form, especially when y'all get all happy about it. Like cut out the heavy mouth breathing. Even IF you were right, which you're not, you don't need to be so damn happy with damnation. 

I never mentioned anything about hell.  So, I'm go talk to a wall because it will understand more than you.

On 12/5/2019 at 2:42 AM, kidsama said:

I went back and did they were alright..

And the main focus of this post is the Identity of Sikh vs actually practicing Sikhi, and I am using meat as an example. Make sense? 

I know penji. I have had this debate too in the past. Everybody has their own views. Our religion has been messed up badly. Therefore it will take some time or generations to put it back together. 

One of the main criteria for entry into heaven or mukti is not specifically defined as non meat eating. I think Guru ji has made this rule specifically for kalyug where the quality of meat is on a decline and the cause of major illnesses. 

All religions have some sort of similarity. At the end of the day survival on this planet is crutial if you are to earn your place in the darga. Vich duniya sev kamaiye ta dharge besan paiye. 

Only Hinduism specifically says meat is to be avoided. However a person who is closer to God would not want to hurt or destroy another animal hence adding to their lekha. This is why a Sikh who is closer to God makes a personal choice to avoid meat. 

lol it's funny admin didn't try and close this thread, but just held both hands together.

bani is not against meat and even makes the argument foolish.

Also to badmouth Nihang Singhs of Budha Dal And Tarna Dal, when the Guru jis also hunted from Guru Hargobind jee jis was regular practise. 

Read all the rehitnamas and Gurbani before making manmatti claims of what a sikh can and cannot eat!

1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

lol it's funny admin didn't try and close this thread, but just held both hands together.

bani is not against meat and even makes the argument foolish.

Also to badmouth Nihang Singhs of Budha Dal And Tarna Dal, when the Guru jis also hunted from Guru Hargobind jee jis was regular practise. 

Read all the rehitnamas and Gurbani before making manmatti claims of what a sikh can and cannot eat!

u dumb from all sides. They hunted animals, yes, but NEVER DID THEY EAT them. You are beyond foolish and unknowingly committing a sin, saying that Guru Ji's ate the flesh of animals. All the animals they hunted are recorded and each one is hunted for a reason, to settle past accounts and ultimately grant them mukti. 

Guru Har Rai went hunting as well, he captured old, sick, or injured animals, treated them and then again released them in the wild. Guru Har Rai only killed if an animal was in intense suffering and beyond recovery. 

4 hours ago, kidsama said:

u dumb from all sides. They hunted animals, yes, but NEVER DID THEY EAT them. You are beyond foolish and unknowingly committing a sin, saying that Guru Ji's ate the flesh of animals. All the animals they hunted are recorded and each one is hunted for a reason, to settle past accounts and ultimately grant them mukti. 

Guru Har Rai went hunting as well, he captured old, sick, or injured animals, treated them and then again released them in the wild. Guru Har Rai only killed if an animal was in intense suffering and beyond recovery. 

This is in Bani?

ਕਬੀਰ ਖੂਬੁ ਖਾਨਾ ਖੀਚਰੀ ਜਾ ਮਹਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਲੋਨੁ 
Kabeer, the dinner of beans and rice is excellent, if it is flavored with salt.

ਹੇਰਾ ਰੋਟੀ ਕਾਰਨੇ ਗਲਾ ਕਟਾਵੈ ਕਉਨੁ ॥੧੮੮॥
Who would cut his throat, to have meat with his bread? ||188||

Ang 1374

ਜੀਅ ਬਧਹੁ ਸੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਕਰਿ ਥਾਪਹੁ ਅਧਰਮੁ ਕਹਹੁ ਕਤ ਭਾਈ 
You kill living beings, and call it a righteous action. Tell me, brother, what would you call an unrighteous action?

ਆਪਸ ਕਉ ਮੁਨਿਵਰ ਕਰਿ ਥਾਪਹੁ ਕਾ ਕਉ ਕਹਹੁ ਕਸਾਈ ॥੨॥
You call yourself the most excellent sage; then who would you call a butcher? ||2||

Ang 1102