Jump to content
Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

Punjabi - The intellectual decline of the gymnosophists

Recommended Posts

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

So......I conducted a little experiment. I took these 4 languages:

  • Punjabi
  • Bengali
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi

and I did a Google News search for each of them. 

Here's the results:

  • Bengali = The results pretty much reflected the fact that it was a 'news' search and the results were a healthy mix of news and high-brow experimental type cinema culture
  • Hindi = You got exactly what it says on the tin with this one. The 'news' search brought up general news.
  • Gujarati = Mostly a healthy mix of business news, exam news and cuisine.
  • Punjabi = Singing and dancing.  Nothing but singing and dancing. Occasional food item but the rest of it almost entirely singing and dancing. You even try and click on some random page, like page 3 or page 4 hoping and praying you'll find something other than singing and dancing.....But no. Even on page 3, 4 and 17 etc there is nothing but singing and dancing.

Is this really what we've been reduced to now ?  😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest

oh so you dropped that "panjabis are persians" idea?

did you search the English google or the Panjabi (gurmukhi script) version?

there are panjabi news newspapers (in gurmukhi) and youtube channels,

i think that east panjabis are more industrious than intellectual, as a group. it is after all an agrarian region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you logged into Google? Did you clear your cache and cookies before searching? I think Google's search results can significantly change depending on your online activity that it has been tracking.

Maybe try doing the above or using a different search engine such as duckduckgo. This will improve the reliability of your results! Apologies for being a nerd but I thought I get in there first before someone else does :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
10 minutes ago, ssinghuk said:

Were you logged into Google? Did you clear your cache and cookies before searching? I think Google's search results can significantly change depending on your online activity that it has been tracking.

Maybe try doing the above or using a different search engine such as duckduckgo. This will improve the reliability of your results! Apologies for being a nerd but I thought I get in there first before someone else does :) 

Wherever I logged on......whatever my online activity......whether I changed my cache or not - would only come into play if I searched 'Punjabi' and nothing else. The fact is I searched 'Punjabi' 'Gujarati' 'Hindi' and 'Bengali' on the same computer, one after the other. I did not search 'Punjabi' on a computer in Dudley on Tuesday catch a coach to Sheffield and search 'Gujarati' on a computer up there on Wednesday, hitched a lift to Cardiff and searched 'Bengali' on a computer down there on a Friday and then we chilled on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyway....on a more serious note....:)  I pretty much knew as soon as I started that thread that the actual narrative of the thread would go over the heads of most people here. I used the word gymnosophists in the thread ttitle because we Punjabis were, at one point, the most intellectual people on earth. Alexander the Great conquered half the world, reached Punjab and neither him nor his men wanted to carry on. After verbal talks with the philosophical Punjabis they began to question everything - life, it's meaning, war, it's meaning, family, love, the universe. The intellectual philosophical nature of the Punjabis defeated the worlds greatest army with words. Thus, I ask again.....songs and dances....is this really what we're reduced to now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 5:34 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Punjabi = Singing and dancing.  Nothing but singing and dancing. Occasional food item but the rest of it almost entirely singing and dancing.

I think the problem is, in your little "experiment", you didn't do quite what you thought you were doing. To do what you I think you wanted to do, you should have gone to the left sidebar, clicked "Languages" and selected Punjabi.

Unfortunately, you can't do that, because Google doesn't offer that for Google News (neither for Bengali or Gujurati). Only for Hindi.

Languages which have more speakers than Gurmukhi Punjabi, by the way.

What you did, I think, is search for the word "Punjabi". Not the same thing.

 

On the other hand, if you had gone to google.com and changed your search language to Punjabi, and then entered ਖਬਰਾਂ ("news"), then you would have gotten exactly that. I.e., YouTube channels of various Punjabi news outlets, and then txt links to various Punjabi news sites (like BBC).

I don't know quite what your point was, but if it was that Punjabis should follow the news, I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
6 hours ago, BhForce said:

I think the problem is, in your little "experiment", you didn't do quite what you thought you were doing. To do what you I think you wanted to do, you should have gone to the left sidebar, clicked "Languages" and selected Punjabi.

Unfortunately, you can't do that, because Google doesn't offer that for Google News (neither for Bengali or Gujurati). Only for Hindi.

Languages which have more speakers than Gurmukhi Punjabi, by the way.

What you did, I think, is search for the word "Punjabi". Not the same thing.

 

On the other hand, if you had gone to google.com and changed your search language to Punjabi, and then entered ਖਬਰਾਂ ("news"), then you would have gotten exactly that. I.e., YouTube channels of various Punjabi news outlets, and then txt links to various Punjabi news sites (like BBC).

I don't know quite what your point was, but if it was that Punjabis should follow the news, I agree. 

Oh my good lord 😥 Just how silly are you people here ?

Why on earth would you think any of this  was anything to do with 'languages' ? I mean not just you, even the 2 posters before you couldn't understand the basic premise. That's really quite frightening.😲

The experiment was about wider perceptions of individual linguistic/racial/national groups in that the results that the searches threw up were not results that were written by 'Punjabis', 'Gujaratis' 'Hindis' and 'Bengalis' themselves but results on the world wide web that demonstrate what the wider perception of each of those groups is. For example, when searching for 'Bengali' on a Google News search, the results tend to point to articles written from everywhere from Delhi to Djibouti about experimental art-house cinema, i.e. it revealed that high-brow literature and experimental celluloid was the thing that often popped into people's head when they thought of the word 'Bengali'. The experiment revealed something similar about 'Gujarati', in that the results from all over the world tended to point to articles from everywhere from Jersey City to Jalalabad about medical exam results and share prices etc, i.e. it revealed that business and education were the things that popped into the heads of the wider world when they thought 'Gujarati', Our results, revealed that the wider world, when they think 'Punjabi', think of people that are nothing more than singers and dancers. Of course there are some regional variations in that results from Canada showed a healthy mix of sports and the American results demonstrated that Trucking was deeply ingrained in the public psyche when they think 'punjabi' but, by and large, the wider world thinks 'singing and dancing', i.e. a people that exist as nothing more than entertainers whose purpose it is to entertain the 'others' i.e. people with intellectual pursuits, such as business, exams and art-house cinema and literature. 

Please refer back to my previous message about how we, as the gymnosophists that blew Alexander the Great's mind with our intellect, were able to subdue the greatest army the world had ever seen with nothing but our intellectual verbal reasoning. But that was then and this is now. So, i ask again: 'Singing and dancing' - is this really what we've been reduced to now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

So, i ask again: 'Singing and dancing' - is this really what we've been reduced to now ?

 

On 12/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Oh my good lord 😥 Just how silly are you people here ?

Why on earth would you think any of this  was anything to do with 'languages' ? I mean not just you, even the 2 posters before you couldn't understand the basic premise. That's really quite frightening.😲

You know, Jagsaw, underneath the tough exterior of bluster and boastfulness, there does seem to be a smidgen of concern in you for our Panth.

But I have to say you'd get much farther without being so dismissive and and disdainful of every other member of the Panth except you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:
  • Punjabi = Singing and dancing.  Nothing but singing and dancing. Occasional food item but the rest of it almost entirely singing and dancing. You even try and click on some random page, like page 3 or page 4 hoping and praying you'll find something other than singing and dancing.....But no. Even on page 3, 4 and 17 etc there is nothing but singing and dancing.

Is this really what we've been reduced to now ?  😥

There has been a concerted, long term effort to dumb the panth down and promote barn-dance jamboree culture over all else. This helps keep 'wild Panjabi Sikhs' docile and easier to control.

Sadly too many of our own are complicit in this, and actively help promote it themselves. 

But people are waking up to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Oh my good lord 😥 Just how silly are you people here ?

Why on earth would you think any of this  was anything to do with 'languages' ? I mean not just you, even the 2 posters before you couldn't understand the basic premise. That's really quite frightening.😲

The experiment was about wider perceptions of individual linguistic/racial/national groups in that the results that the searches threw up were not results that were written by 'Punjabis', 'Gujaratis' 'Hindis' and 'Bengalis' themselves but results on the world wide web that demonstrate what the wider perception of each of those groups is. For example, when searching for 'Bengali' on a Google News search, the results tend to point to articles written from everywhere from Delhi to Djibouti about experimental art-house cinema, i.e. it revealed that high-brow literature and experimental celluloid was the thing that often popped into people's head when they thought of the word 'Bengali'. The experiment revealed something similar about 'Gujarati', in that the results from all over the world tended to point to articles from everywhere from Jersey City to Jalalabad about medical exam results and share prices etc, i.e. it revealed that business and education were the things that popped into the heads of the wider world when they thought 'Gujarati', Our results, revealed that the wider world, when they think 'Punjabi', think of people that are nothing more than singers and dancers. Of course there are some regional variations in that results from Canada showed a healthy mix of sports and the American results demonstrated that Trucking was deeply ingrained in the public psyche when they think 'punjabi' but, by and large, the wider world thinks 'singing and dancing', i.e. a people that exist as nothing more than entertainers whose purpose it is to entertain the 'others' i.e. people with intellectual pursuits, such as business, exams and art-house cinema and literature. 

Please refer back to my previous message about how we, as the gymnosophists that blew Alexander the Great's mind with our intellect, were able to subdue the greatest army the world had ever seen with nothing but our intellectual verbal reasoning. But that was then and this is now. So, i ask again: 'Singing and dancing' - is this really what we've been reduced to now ?

Yes.

Being intellektual means you are boring.

Keneda particularly promotes this. They love the Larping that goes along with the rural life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

There has been a concerted, long term effort to dumb the panth down and promote barn-dance jamboree culture over all else. This helps keep 'wild Panjabi Sikhs' docile and easier to control.

Sadly too many of our own are complicit in this, and actively help promote it themselves. 

But people are waking up to this. 

EXACTLY ! 

whatever happened to learning about ancient punjabi civilization , learning tanti saz , engineering , medicine , other forms of sciences or atleast researching into our own religion in a healthy way. 

We don't even know how to sing raags in sggs properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

So......I conducted a little experiment. I took these 4 languages:

  • Punjabi
  • Bengali
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi

and I did a Google News search for each of them. 

Here's the results:

  • Bengali = The results pretty much reflected the fact that it was a 'news' search and the results were a healthy mix of news and high-brow experimental type cinema culture
  • Hindi = You got exactly what it says on the tin with this one. The 'news' search brought up general news.
  • Gujarati = Mostly a healthy mix of business news, exam news and cuisine.
  • Punjabi = Singing and dancing.  Nothing but singing and dancing. Occasional food item but the rest of it almost entirely singing and dancing. You even try and click on some random page, like page 3 or page 4 hoping and praying you'll find something other than singing and dancing.....But no. Even on page 3, 4 and 17 etc there is nothing but singing and dancing.

Is this really what we've been reduced to now ?  😥

That probably has to do with Punjabi film and music being universally popular. Hence the search results will reflect what people mostly look for. These people may not even be Sikh. 

Ie Gujarati music is only popular with Gujaratis. Bengali music is only popular with Bengalis. 

But Punjabi food music and culture is popular with all ethnicities. Hence google. Will show what most people look for. Ie music film and food. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

EXACTLY ! 

whatever happened to learning about ancient punjabi civilization , learning tanti saz , engineering , medicine , other forms of sciences or atleast researching into our own religion in a healthy way. 

We don't even know how to sing raags in sggs properly. 

Why would anyone in their right mind want to do all that when they can wear long skirts, grin idiotically and waggle their heads to a dhol and tumbhi instead. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
20 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

That probably has to do with Punjabi film and music being universally popular. Hence the search results will reflect what people mostly look for. These people may not even be Sikh. 

Ie Gujarati music is only popular with Gujaratis. Bengali music is only popular with Bengalis. 

But Punjabi food music and culture is popular with all ethnicities. Hence google. Will show what most people look for. Ie music film and food. 

 

The thing is, Big Tera, nobody is going to deny that Punjabi music is the best music on the sub-continent, Punjabi dance is the best dance on the sub-continent and Punjabi food is the best food on the sub-continent. These are things that are universally held to be true. But we should not be defined as a people by these things. These, to us, are just some 'things'. Everybody - every group -  has 'things' and these are some of ours. It should give us pause for thought however when we discover that the others don't simply see these things as just some of our 'things' but see them as defining us as beings in it's entirety. Question is, where did all start to go so horribly wrong. We are essentially a deeply poetic people - deeply emotive which feeds a thirst for poetry - and this in some ways explains we have a natural ability, or sickness, to quickly, as a group of people, become addicted to drugs and alcohol. The Iranians, in that regard are very similar, in that it is their emotive poetic loving nature which explains why they have the largest drug problem in the universe with even females openly smoking crack / meths in the streets and parks.  There are, essentially, 3 reasons why we've reached the stage we're at. The first 2 are connected and the third is not. The first 2 are the fact that our religious Sikh preachers discourage intellectual critical thinking  and so have stamped on what was at one point in antiquity a Punjabi trait, i.e. having theories about the universe and human condition and our secular popular culture is about as down as dumbed down can possibly go. The third reason is Education. The fact that our biggest and most prestigious university is actually called 'Lovely Professional University'  should give us clues as to just how low we've gone but the rot runs far deeper than that: Despite being the cradle of civilisation we have absolutely zero Archaeology departments......Despite, after the Greeks settled in Punjab, and the word 'filosofa' entered the Punjabi lexicon these days nobody in Punjab even knows the Punjabi word even exists let alone studies it..........Despite being the cradle of poetry in the sub-continent our neighbours to the south, north, east and west have taken our poetry, translated it into their Hindi, Urdu languages and embraced it as their own while we are left entertaining them like baazigar minstrels with our songs and dances. Like it or not, in the eyes of everyone else, we are now nothing but baazigar minstrels who exist solely to satisfy their tastes with our lovely food and entertain them with our music. That in itself is bad but what's far worse is this : We, the former gymnosophists, have intellectually declined so badly, we're actually super proud when someone says they like our food and music. 😧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 12/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

The thing is, Big Tera, nobody is going to deny that Punjabi music is the best music on the sub-continent, Punjabi dance is the best dance on the sub-continent and Punjabi food is the best food on the sub-continent. These are things that are universally held to be true. But we should not be defined as a people by these things. These, to us, are just some 'things'. Everybody - every group -  has 'things' and these are some of ours. It should give us pause for thought however when we discover that the others don't simply see these things as just some of our 'things' but see them as defining us as beings in it's entirety. Question is, where did all start to go so horribly wrong. We are essentially a deeply poetic people - deeply emotive which feeds a thirst for poetry - and this in some ways explains we have a natural ability, or sickness, to quickly, as a group of people, become addicted to drugs and alcohol. The Iranians, in that regard are very similar, in that it is their emotive poetic loving nature which explains why they have the largest drug problem in the universe with even females openly smoking crack / meths in the streets and parks.  There are, essentially, 3 reasons why we've reached the stage we're at. The first 2 are connected and the third is not. The first 2 are the fact that our religious Sikh preachers discourage intellectual critical thinking  and so have stamped on what was at one point in antiquity a Punjabi trait, i.e. having theories about the universe and human condition and our secular popular culture is about as down as dumbed down can possibly go. The third reason is Education. The fact that our biggest and most prestigious university is actually called 'Lovely Professional University'  should give us clues as to just how low we've gone but the rot runs far deeper than that: Despite being the cradle of civilisation we have absolutely zero Archaeology departments......Despite, after the Greeks settled in Punjab, and the word 'filosofa' entered the Punjabi lexicon these days nobody in Punjab even knows the Punjabi word even exists let alone studies it..........Despite being the cradle of poetry in the sub-continent our neighbours to the south, north, east and west have taken our poetry, translated it into their Hindi, Urdu languages and embraced it as their own while we are left entertaining them like baazigar minstrels with our songs and dances. Like it or not, in the eyes of everyone else, we are now nothing but baazigar minstrels who exist solely to satisfy their tastes with our lovely food and entertain them with our music. That in itself is bad but what's far worse is this : We, the former gymnosophists, have intellectually declined so badly, we're actually super proud when someone says they like our food and music. 😧

OK, look, it's a real shame there's not much interest in discussing this here on this forum - which in some ways is an indication and example of the intellectual decline generally - and I've got some packing and $h1tt to do because I'm off to Thailand again for 3 weeks :) but before I do can I point you people in the right direction so you might be able to 'discuss' among yourselves ?  Can I ? 

No ?    Well I don't know why I asked because I'm going to give you directions anyway:

The answer to our collective intellectual decline lays in 2 subjects that you either loved or absolutely hated in school. History and Philosophy. I personally loved them (History) because Mandy Hickman, the hottest blonde girl in school, was in my double history class and sometimes she'd even talk to me. Most of the time she didn't but even when she didn't I loved double history because it filled me with eternal hope given that there was always at least a 10% chance that she would talk to me. That hope was water for my thirst, balm for my sore throat and penicillin for my infection. But anyway, I digress....where was I ?...oh yeah: History and Philosophy.

  • History

Heat always follows fire and hunger always follows lack of food. Things happen and when you analyse why they happened you understand that some things that happened before are always followed by the thing that is happening now. Civilisations rise and fall. All civilisations rise and fall. All civilisations have a golden period in which everything is wonderful and life affords the luxury of pursuits outside the realms of basic survival (paying the bills). That's what intellectual pursuits are. They are the pursuits of the man of leisure. Although people like Trump can see that the winds of change are coming and the idea of western (white) civilisation (dominance) is coming to an end, and he might be trying everything he can to stop it....he can't stop it. Intellectuality is now firmly tilting more and more to the Chinese and Indian man. Within that brown Indian square there is us...the Punjabis - and the question we need to ask ourselves is how to we fit in, in all of this. Well, our intellectual decline set in because of our loss of sovereignty and although one can add very valuable arguments in favour of self-determination in order to restore that serenity of the mind we have to honest enough to admit that it ain't never gonna happen and we'd be far better off embracing and thus playing an integral part of the brown intellectual renaissance whose new golden era is just around the corner. 

  • Philosophy

We need to seriously analyse what our parcharaks are actually saying. You have to understand there is nothing on earth that scares a parcharak more than a man that can independently think critically. Being a parcharak is big business and that intellectually critical thinking man is a threat to the parcharak's livelihood. Sometimes it's not about money at all.....sometimes it's just a pure but simple fear that the man that embraces questioning will eventually also question god. Thus the parcharaks preach that everything is the will of god and any attempt to gain a secular understanding of it is fundamentally anti-sikh. They discourage any attempt to gain an understanding of anything in nature that might be explained as an act of spontaneity without the involvement of god. Such people cannot be intellectual because the basic foundation of intellectuality is the questioning, discovering and innovating. 

 

So.....Mandy Hickman. And Waheguru.  Waheguru is who guides my moral life. Makes me understand and appreciate all of nature. Ensures I be the best moral man I can possibly be.  Mandy Hickman ?  Well, me sitting there 2 rows behind her daydreaming while looking at her flowing blonde locks and dreaming of Elizabethan girls with pale faces was not an act of god. But, in a strange roundabout way, it was the catalyst for me being infatuated with history, philosophy and intellectual pursuits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 12:10 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to do all that when they can wear long skirts, grin idiotically and waggle their heads to a dhol and tumbhi instead. 

I lol'ed at that 😛 But honestly though, this degenerate punjabi culture has to go .

Only those aspects of punjabi culture which are in unison with Sikhi should be allowed to flourish , and the rest left to die out of starvation by not funding or supporting them. 

BTW, if I am right, all this degeneracy, including rampant alcoholism in our community started during times of Ranjit singh. As much as I admire him for constructing several gurudwaras , but we cannot forget he was gullible in his own ways. The fact that he had multiple wives and concubines prove he was not in rehat , and her wives and concubines , except his main wife Jindan also committed sati on his pyre. 

He gave more gold and love to hindu temples than he gave to gurudwaras . Correct me if I am wrong. Also his habit of using mosques as godowns doesn't reflect his truly secular nature. 

He was gullible like the modern day industralist sikhs who get easily swayed by the BRAAHMAN and their ways.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use