The Future of Langar after Coronavirus - things will never be the same again

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

Guest Jigsaw_puzzled_singh

Breaking News on Sky and BBC this morning after both said they have 'learned' that hospitals are discharging positive patients to die in care homes. You will remember - well actually you won't remember because you didn't read it - that I broke that same news to you in my message above 4 days ago after working at a hospital. Anyway, I've been there almost continously for nearly a week now but I'm gonna isolate myself from the family from today. No cough, no high temperature, no sore throat etc but a few days of intense body aches mean I just need to take sensible precautions.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-sacrificing-the-elderly-care-homes-asked-to-take-covid-19-patients-11969661

Oh....just one more thing though...I forgot to mention:  Regarding what I said on this thread a few weeks ago about Asians being far more at risk of getting and then dying of Coronavius than white people - I had a discussion with the hospital management regarding the fact that neither they nor the government had given any guidance whatsoever to Asian (Indian / Pakistani / Bangladeshi) staff. I pointed out that the government issued guidelines of staying away from elderly family members for their own protection was based entirely on the 'white' notion of having an elderly parent or grandparent live away from their own family. Almost as if no non-white people even exist in this country the guidance didn't even attempt to acknowledge the fact that Asians generally live in households with 3 generations under one roof. I pointed out that....come late summer....the Trust will find itself at the receiving end of a lot of lawsuits from Asian staff because, right now, Asian NHS staff feel as if they are signing their own parent's death warrants by being forced to come home to them after working in high-risk areas. To get my point across forcefully, I reminded the hospital bosses that just 2 hospitals in London had by far the highest death rate and both those hospitals were in very Asian (Indian) areas : Brent and Ealing.  I was assured that the hospital would look into providing more guidance that was more appropriate for Asian staff as a matter of urgency. 

Other than that, as I said in my last message, I'm just gonna take some  time out now. Most of the nurses and doctors I've talked to this past week feel as if they had the virus and it worked it's way through their system and I have a feeling it's doing the same to me now. I've got an empty house I'm gonna base myself in with lots and LOTS of books but there is no internet there. Gotta ride this thing out in solitude :) Stay safe.

OK ....so...where we're we ? ?    

I've had a bit of a scare. Had classic cold symptoms last week. Forgot that the cold and flu still exist so thought I might have coronavirus. Thought I'd use one of our empty properties to self-isolate and keep my wife and kids safe. So spent the last 3 or 4 days reading books about capitalism. Or so I thought. My wife, however, is apparently smarter than I am and is convinced that I spent the last few days shacked with one of the 80% that are my facebook friends....i.e. gori girls. 

But....now that I'm back in the cyber-world......after I said the things I've said on this forum it seems the news media has finally caught up with my thoughts and has realised the fact that we Asians are about 300% more likely to die from this coronavirus than white people.  300% !!!!!!!    I've had to mention my weird 'prophet' capabilities way too many times on way too many threads on this forum over the course of the last year or so on this forum so I'll say no more because my interest right now is on my previous thread....i.e. the original coronavirus thread on sikhsangat forum I started on February 14th; the Virus will wipe out Punjab thread.  I said it here back in February. The 'experts', since then, kept saying it was droplets and not in the air....i.e. cannot be transmitted by breathing in air in enclosed spaces.  Took nearly 2 months of intense scientific experiemnts and billions of dollars spent and just this week, finally, the American group of scientists that study pandemic diseases have 'discovered' that this coronavirus is spread via talking and breathing in enclosed tight spaces...i.e airosolisation.

I also have something to add to my 'Sikh Auntiyan on the Frontline against Coronavirus' thread:

On 3/26/2020 at 8:32 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Coronavirus is a racist, sexist, ageist pig

I had this strange dream about Sars-COV-2 (you might call it Coronavirus or Covid19 or if you work for the American Government and therefore a racist the "Chinese Virus" or "Kung Flu")....anyway, I had this dream. Well no, of course I didn't actually have this dream but it's always nice to start something with the words "I had this strange dream" so.........I had this strange dream last night about a tiny little microscopic thing that is just 125 nanometers wide, i.e. 800 of them could fit into the width of a human hair and this tiny little thing wanted to go on a killing spree. Like all serial killers it had to choose it's target. In my strange dream (that never really happened) this tiny thing (lets call it coronavirus) looked at the Equality Act 2000 after viewing re-runs of 1970's TV comedies like Alf Garnett and Archie Bunker and decided it would become a sexist, ageist and perhaps racist pig. One by one, it started picking off targets from those in the list of protected characteristics according to the Equality Act. But, like all racist, sexist, ageist bigots....it's a damn fo0l so gets things wrong. First, hating minorities, it went after Chinese people. It killed so many Chinese people that white people started saying it served the Chinese right. But the little virus decided it didn't like the taste of Chinese so went to Europe and started killing more people in Italy than it did in the whole of China and then more Spaniards than Chinese. But, as with all bigots, there is no limit to it's bigotry. Being a little bit racist wasn't quite enough so it went full-throttle on Age and Sex. Being well ageist it decided that elderly people must die and so killed them off at a rate about 10,000% higher than young people. And then what does this ageist racist do ?   It turns into a full-blown Sexist that's what it does. It infects everybody but, just as it did in China, Italy, Spain and now the UK it kills the men FAR more than it does the women. About 80% more. This is sexism in reverse but, like I said, bigots are by nature always damn fo0ls. So don't worry too much about your grandmother....she'll be safe....but look after your grandfather well.....there's a damn f0ol mixed up killer bigot on the loose trying to kill him.

I posted that ^ here in March. Took nearly a month but today, finally, the news media have caught up with me and have been full of 'breaking news' stories of how coronavirus kills men far more than it does women. Finally.

https://www.metro.news/coronavirus-killing-twice-as-many-men-as-women/1981183/

• 2 weeks later...

Right, well, in addition to langar how else are things going to change, I hear you ask ?

Well....let me tell ya:

The days of the big offices are now over. More people will permanently be working from home. That will be the final nail in the coffin for the town centre / city centre businesses, who will die en masse. More life will mean more retail businesses opening up around the kind of busy urban residential centres that Sikh Gurdwaras are normally located in. This is a damn good time to buy up some of those empty retail units in these sort of residential neighbourhoods. The Gurdwaras will have far more life around them monday to friday. Sikh families in the UK will have far more time together and so should use up free time now to cultivate their characters....which will then decide whether they start hating and killing each other or start loving each other and life more. 

There will be less cars on the roads. Less pollution. Better for the environment. Young Sikhs will have to stop enjoying designers suits each day(because they won't be going to the office) and get used to dressing like a slob the way Canadians and Americans do. The 'feature wall' in each house will no longer house a 75" TV but will instead house a bookshelf full of books (for the video-conferencing with the boss). Some Punjabi girls will no longer be able to meet their secret boyfriends during work days because 'work' will be in the living room and mummy and daddy will easily be able to spot Steve or Nafiz if he comes anywhere around the house.

Things will change. They can be seen as opportunities with good planning or they can be our final death nail. Look to the future and see what's just around the corner.

• 2 months later...
Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
On 4/29/2020 at 5:41 PM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Right, well, in addition to langar how else are things going to change, I hear you ask ?

Well....let me tell ya:

The days of the big offices are now over. More people will permanently be working from home. That will be the final nail in the coffin for the town centre / city centre businesses, who will die en masse. More life will mean more retail businesses opening up around the kind of busy urban residential centres that Sikh Gurdwaras are normally located in. This is a damn good time to buy up some of those empty retail units in these sort of residential neighbourhoods. The Gurdwaras will have far more life around them monday to friday. Sikh families in the UK will have far more time together and so should use up free time now to cultivate their characters....which will then decide whether they start hating and killing each other or start loving each other and life more. 

There will be less cars on the roads. Less pollution. Better for the environment. Young Sikhs will have to stop enjoying designers suits each day(because they won't be going to the office) and get used to dressing like a slob the way Canadians and Americans do. The 'feature wall' in each house will no longer house a 75" TV but will instead house a bookshelf full of books (for the video-conferencing with the boss). Some Punjabi girls will no longer be able to meet their secret boyfriends during work days because 'work' will be in the living room and mummy and daddy will easily be able to spot Steve or Nafiz if he comes anywhere around the house.

Things will change. They can be seen as opportunities with good planning or they can be our final death nail. Look to the future and see what's just around the corner.

One more thing....that we REALY do need to keep a very close eye on...and this one is very serious:

As UK Universities move their classes online and Indian students make up such a big proportion of overseas students, the Indian government will absolutely insist that those UK Universities comply with strict Indian Internet Censorship Laws. This means UK universities will quietly remove from their websites and course material anything that mentions Sikh human rights in India. This includes the content of Sikh Societies of those universities. This is something that each of you that have relatives in the universities need to monitor closely.