Fellow Parents advice/guidance No children please

Guest Mrs N

16 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

See I was testing you to see if you were capable of thinking for yourself or would go down the wikipedia route.  You went down the wikipedia route. 

Know this about our language (Punjabi) and all it's neighbouring languages - The Muslims have overstated the influence of Arabic into everything. Because, in their hearts, they want there to be an Arabic root for a word, they find one whether it's actually true or not. So, when it comes to the Punjabi word for love 'Ishq' wikipedia will state what the 200 million Muslims say is the origin of it. The truth however, is that our ancestors in Punjab - pre-bhuddism and hinduism - along with much of central asia, had a diety which was female and considered the godess of love / sex etc. You may have read about in western books about ancient history as the temple of ishtar. That word ' isht' which over the years became ishq has been used by the people of Punjab / Afghanistan / Iran etc thousands of years before Islam was even created or the first Arabic speaker ever stepped foot on that soil. 

So, my question to you was about origin so on that you're wrong but you are right - it is all about desire.

bro I used personal experience and knowledge picked up from panjabi culture usagei.e. I only know it from sufi poetry or the stories I  mentioned plus old punjabi songs and black and white movies, not wikipedia else I would have picked up on the other history ref you gave

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 9/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

You literally just agreed with Bhenji but have no idea apparently. 

You literally said that without even looking at the last sentence in my message in which I told JKVLondon that she was wrong about the origin but right about the meaning.  Something, quite apparently, is very wrong with you GurjantGnostic. What is it ? ?

JKvLondon:

bro I used personal experience and knowledge picked up from panjabi culture usagei.e. I only know it from sufi poetry or the stories I  mentioned plus old punjabi songs and black and white movies, not wikipedia else I would have picked up on the other history ref you gave

Yeah..not critcising you at all sis. Punjabi, being such an ancient language does, unlike the new baby langauge of Hindi, have thousands of ancient words within it but because much of it's ancient spheres of influence were within central Asia rather than India proper we share those words with much of the Islamic world and have no choice but to accept the Arabic-biased etymology they naturally give those words. Unless, of course, we reclaim our heritage as men and women of intellect and knowledge.

Now, you may or may not remember how I once wrote a long piece here on this very forum about the history of the Jewish holy book 'The Song of Songs' and how it has influenced all 3 of the semetic religions into equating 'love' with 'sex and desire' ? You probably don't remember it because not many people read what I write here but in a sense it should serve as a reminder to us to re-embrace or re-claim our eastern train of thought. Sub-consciously we've been conditioned into accepting the abrahamic train of thought (Jews, Christians and Muslims) as the default norm. As such we begin to look at things like 'love' 'marriage' 'desire' and 'sex' through the prism of their eyes. This becomes a habit and like all bad habits they just need to be broken. We, as eastern people, should condition ourselves into a default position - no matter what the subject matter - of knowing that the christians, jews and muslims are pretty much wrong about pretty much everything so lets look at the evidence before coming to a conclusion.