NOWADAYS YOUTHS

ManpreetKaurr

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji. Upon seeing a forum, I decided to get the sangat opinion too. I myself am a teen. I am 15. I love to go to gurdwara camps because you get a lot a laha and you get to learn how to be a better person. I am speaking about youths in my country Malaysia. When I go to camps, I speak to many people. They all become my friend. I am not sure of the male gender tho but I have a few guys and girls asking me if I am single or if I have a crush on someone or if I would like to be in a relationship. I always say to them that I am not here to find a partner and I am very very opposed with this type of thinking. I don't like it at all when I got to camps, only to find out the youth are interested in all nonsense about boyfriend and girlfriend and crush etc. ?

There some amazing souls too that I meet during these camps. Some youth like me also do sewa and come to camp to build a stronger relationship with guru maharaj. I am very blessed to have met these type of youth too. Probably I have matured thinking. I don't know but sometimes it's upsetting that it's very rare I get the true sangat from going to camps. For an instance, in a camp I would have to mix around people my age ( in the teens) and I can't be sitting around people with the age of 20's above. It would look really odd. But maharaj does his kirpa and I always prefer sitting in the darbar rather than anywhere else because no one can disturb me there and many people avoid talking rubish in the darbar sahib because guru maharaj is watching them.what they don't realise is guru maharaj sees them everywhere, in the Langar hall or in the park. Writing this I have made a lot of mistakes, I am not good,no one is bad. Please forgive me sangat and teach me so that I can be a better person. 

You know when we were your age over 10 years ago everyone did the same back then as well. Boys and Girls meeting each up at Nagar Kirtans, boys organizing fights at Nagar Kirtans etc. And I'm pretty sure people who are in their mid 30s they did the same stuff when they were 15, and the middle aged lot who are now in their mid 40s they probably did the same too. 10 years from now when you'll be 25, the current toddlers they will be dong the same too.

It's not right, but my point is that this kind of behaviour happened every generation ... 

Gurdwara for most people is a Punjabi centre while Nagar Kirtans are like carnivals, we just need the huge coloured ostrich feathers. 

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

You know when we were your age over 10 years ago everyone did the same back then as well. Boys and Girls meeting each up at Nagar Kirtans, boys organizing fights at Nagar Kirtans etc. And I'm pretty sure people who are in their mid 30s they did the same stuff when they were 15, and the middle aged lot who are now in their mid 40s they probably did the same too. 10 years from now when you'll be 25, the current toddlers they will be dong the same too.

It's not right, but my point is that this kind of behaviour happened every generation ... 

Gurdwara for most people is a Punjabi centre while Nagar Kirtans are like carnivals, we just need the huge coloured ostrich feathers. 

Now I see where its coming from. I am so thankful and grateful to be blessed with my type of thinking. The people are always hyped up about the world but this world is just a few days circus.  Thank you veerji for telling me this. I didn't know about this and I only thought it's the nowadays generation. 

On 11/24/2020 at 4:36 PM, ManpreetKaurr said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji. Upon seeing a forum, I decided to get the sangat opinion too. I myself am a teen. I am 15. I love to go to gurdwara camps because you get a lot a laha and you get to learn how to be a better person. I am speaking about youths in my country Malaysia. When I go to camps, I speak to many people. They all become my friend. I am not sure of the male gender tho but I have a few guys and girls asking me if I am single or if I have a crush on someone or if I would like to be in a relationship. I always say to them that I am not here to find a partner and I am very very opposed with this type of thinking. I don't like it at all when I got to camps, only to find out the youth are interested in all nonsense about boyfriend and girlfriend and crush etc. ?

There some amazing souls too that I meet during these camps. Some youth like me also do sewa and come to camp to build a stronger relationship with guru maharaj. I am very blessed to have met these type of youth too. Probably I have matured thinking. I don't know but sometimes it's upsetting that it's very rare I get the true sangat from going to camps. For an instance, in a camp I would have to mix around people my age ( in the teens) and I can't be sitting around people with the age of 20's above. It would look really odd. But maharaj does his kirpa and I always prefer sitting in the darbar rather than anywhere else because no one can disturb me there and many people avoid talking rubish in the darbar sahib because guru maharaj is watching them.what they don't realise is guru maharaj sees them everywhere, in the Langar hall or in the park. Writing this I have made a lot of mistakes, I am not good,no one is bad. Please forgive me sangat and teach me so that I can be a better person. 

wjkk wjkf ji

people don't realise that the purpose of going to gurughar or Sikh camps for learning and to make our root strong with sikhi. they have plenty of time to find their partner (wife or husband) after their Uni degree. age 15 is way too young to get into it. I probably had no clue what boyfriend or girlfriend meant at the age of 15.

so keep doing what you doing. stay with Guru ji and you will have a successful career as well as a family life.

2 hours ago, indersingh1313 said:

wjkk wjkf ji

people don't realise that the purpose of going to gurughar or Sikh camps for learning and to make our root strong with sikhi. they have plenty of time to find their partner (wife or husband) after their Uni degree. age 15 is way too young to get into it. I probably had no clue what boyfriend or girlfriend meant at the age of 15.

so keep doing what you doing. stay with Guru ji and you will have a successful career as well as a family life.

I agree with you and I am very much disappointed with the youth nowadays. So many of them are running away from sikhi and I have seen some youths take amrit but don't keep a proper rehit. I really look up upon the youths around my age that have been blessed with amrit but it's really disappointing when I see all the truth. 

Is it just young people being young though? Aren't they just behaving how people at their age behave. Not that I'm saying its right, but is there much you can do to prevent 15 year old from behaving like how most other 15 year olds behave around the world? 

It certainly doesn't stop some amritdhari teens from behaving like that.

What exactly is there that you can do? 

At that age you experience emotions which you have never experienced before and you just get carried away. Can you do much to prevent it realistically ? 

Now on the other hand when people behave like that in their 20s and later that is a whole different matter! 

I knew this Punjabi guy he was 21 and he used to party, get drunk, sleep around etc. One day he told me how he came back home middle of the night really drunk and the next day his dad, who was also british born, had a go at him and shouted. He said his dad said to him that he's 21 now and needs to stop behaving like a 18 year old and have some discipline, Whatever his dad said to him actually made him think about how he was behaving! He told me he's gnna stop partying etc and start going gym etc    I haven't spoken to him for around 2 years now so I don't know if he properly changed ...    but at the time his dads "telling off" worked. 

12 hours ago, puzzled said:

Is it just young people being young though? Aren't they just behaving how people at their age behave. Not that I'm saying its right, but is there much you can do to prevent 15 year old from behaving like how most other 15 year olds behave around the world? 

It certainly doesn't stop some amritdhari teens from behaving like that.

What exactly is there that you can do? 

At that age you experience emotions which you have never experienced before and you just get carried away. Can you do much to prevent it realistically ? 

Now on the other hand when people behave like that in their 20s and later that is a whole different matter! 

I knew this Punjabi guy he was 21 and he used to party, get drunk, sleep around etc. One day he told me how he came back home middle of the night really drunk and the next day his dad, who was also british born, had a go at him and shouted. He said his dad said to him that he's 21 now and needs to stop behaving like a 18 year old and have some discipline, Whatever his dad said to him actually made him think about how he was behaving! He told me he's gnna stop partying etc and start going gym etc    I haven't spoken to him for around 2 years now so I don't know if he properly changed ...    but at the time his dads "telling off" worked. 

I believe I can never change someone unless they themselves want to change. All that I can do is pray that maharaj does his kirpa and bring back those youths that are running away from sikhi and those who have gone off track. 

2 hours ago, ManpreetKaurr said:

I believe I can never change someone unless they themselves want to change. All that I can do is pray that maharaj does his kirpa and bring back those youths that are running away from sikhi and those who have gone off track. 

?? 

Gurbani teaches us to look at our augan and fix ourselves. Ultimately we dont want to be casting judgement, with his kirpa a sinner can be blessed in an instant, but those who are casting judgement and doing everything 'right' may have a bigger ego and not receive the blessing...... we really can't explain all scenrios but best to change yourself and be in good safe sangat. 

Ppl go through many changes in behaviour and priorities as they grow up.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:30 AM, ManpreetKaurr said:

I definitely am a paapi because I know I have done mistakes and I'm not perfect either. While writing this, I did not have the ego to boast about how gyaani I am but i just wanted to express my disappointment because while walking on the path of sikhi, I wanted many other youths too to be walking too. Anyways, speaking to the sangat, I always get to learn something new and I will definitely not repeat any mistakes that I commit. I'm so sorry if there is any misunderstanding or if there was too much of ego in me. I'm not a mahapurkh to have myself fully control over all vices.

No need to apologise sis, i didnt mean you personally just talking generally and perhaps to myself! 

??