Sarbloh Granth

Guest Guest 111

On 12/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, Koi said:

I've seen people suggesting that Dasam and Sarbloh Guru Darbar should be prakash on a lower level than Aad Guru Darbar, even by a couple of inches. My question to them is, what difference is that couple of inches going to make exactly ??

Sri Guru Hargobind sahib ji created Miri Nishaan sahib few inches smaller than Piri nishaan sahib (see example at sri harmandir Sahib). Are you going to ask the same question to guru sahib ji on this same logic. See the meaning behind rather than focusing too much on its face value. Nobody can teach you simple stuff. There is no shortcuts to understand some things in our dharam. Gotta work and put effort to climb the way up to understand some things that you may wish to get answer from google or someone else here. 

1 hour ago, S1ngh said:

Sri Guru Hargobind sahib ji created Miri Nishaan sahib few inches smaller than Piri nishaan sahib (see example at sri harmandir Sahib). Are you going to ask the same question to guru sahib ji on this same logic. See the meaning behind rather than focusing too much on its face value. Nobody can teach you simple stuff. There is no shortcuts to understand some things in our dharam. Gotta work and put effort to climb the way up to understand some things that you may wish to get answer from google or someone else here. 

OK, using that same logic; Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj used to do shastar prakash at the same level (and sometimes higher) as where they would sit. Tell me brother, in all fairness and practicality, how many instances have you seen where there is a shastar prakash at the same level or even higher than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? I'm not saying never, but it's close enough. And going one step further, if we say the Khalsa is the Guru, will we ever see the Khalsa (panj pyare, sangat, or whatever form you deem the "Khalsa" to be) sit at the same level as Guru Sahib? You see where it starts to get tricky? If you believe the baani of Dasve Paatshah is any "less" than that of Aad Guru Darbar, then you open up a can of worms for the Panth and put yourself on a road with leads to people like Inder Singh Ghagga, Prof Darshan Singh, Neki etc.

The point I'm eluding to (which I probably wasn't clear on) is that there is no difference between the three. Aad Guru Darbar is the Guru, period. And whilst no one is debating that, The Guru Panth (Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa) and all the traditional Sampardas of the Panth (Udasi, Nirmale, Seva Panthi etc.) give the baani of Guru Gobind Singh ji the same equal respect and veneration.

The concepts of "questioning" this has only come up during late 1800s and early 1900s (thanks to the British).

40 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Koi brother, sorry for the misunderstanding there.

] point i was trying to put is that Dasam Granth Sahib will always be placed lower than our 11th and eternal guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji; the same way Miri is lower than Piri but however both are part of our panth, ideology and dharam. All granths are Inseparable from our khalsa panth and those who try to create shanka or speak against them always perish to their fruitless and soulless life.

Amen bro. I heard some put all Granths on the same level but Guru Granth Sahib Ji is always on the right. 

12 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Koi brother, sorry for the misunderstanding there.

] point i was trying to put is that Dasam Granth Sahib will always be placed lower than our 11th and eternal guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji; the same way Miri is lower than Piri but however both are part of our panth, ideology and dharam. All granths are Inseparable from our khalsa panth and those who try to create shanka or speak against them always perish to their fruitless and soulless life.

Bhaji, in the example that I gave , shastar (miri) has been placed at the same level as Guru Gobind Singh Ji (piri). I completely agree that all Granths are inseparable from our Panth, as indeed we all do. However, i think where we differ slightly is the "level" of respect. 

Bhaji, let me give you another example: we all have  a  Nitnem Gutka at home. There are Baani from both Aad and Dasam Guru Darbar contained within. Taking your logic in to account, would we then need 2 gutkas? One for the baanis from Aad, and one for the baanis of Dasam? Then we can do prakash of both Gutkas at different levels. But then what do we do about Rehraas sahib ji, which is a mixture of both Aad and Dasam Baani? How will you split that out (God forbid)?

I'd like to think that most would agree what I'm suggesting in the above example(s) is madness. But then that's the road we end up on when we use your logic. Gurbani is Gurbani, whether from Aad, Dasam or Sarbloh Guru Darbar. Hope that clears things up ji??