My friend is an amritdhari nitnemi Singh.

He got married an year back.

After marriage, he came to know his father in law is a missionary "sikh".

He regularly debates with my friend that Dasam Granth is all fake and there is no need for khande baate da amrit. My friend's wife also supports her father.

My friend is confused and doesn't want to hv a child in such a family.

what shud he do?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused Copy 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One for his saura and his saala if he has one. One for his wife:

I bet the saura/FIL was quiet before marriage because his wife and daughter made him. I can just imagine it: The MIL "dont start foolish arguments, let the girl be married off first, with your in

Veer try your best to tell him the greatness of Amrit and Amazing Bani of Dasam Granth Sahib ji.If he still doesn't agree then do ardas to Maharaj that you have tried your best and only Vaheguru ji ca

25 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

My friend is an amritdhari nitnemi Singh.

He got married an year back.

After marriage, he came to know his father in law is a missionary "sikh".

He regularly debates with my friend that Dasam Granth is all fake and there is no need for khande baate da amrit. My friend's wife also supports her father.

My friend is confused and doesn't want to hv a child in such a family.

what shud he do?

Stick to his guns and keep being twice to three times the Singh his father in law is. 

Inform his father that even scholars who debate it's authenticity, debate whether its 99% or 99.99% percent Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaja's Bani. And that nobody, as in nobody, that's an expert, says that's its fake. They're debating over 1%. So he can ask his father how he feels about 99% forsaking his Guru. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, intrigued said:

Nice episode on the authenticity of Dasam Granth, ur friend could also give also other works proving the authenticity as well.

these missionaries r foolish and arrogant people.

u provide them with as much evidence as u Can, they won't agree.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
16 hours ago, GuestSingh12345 said:

how is this stuff not sorted out or found before marriage. Usually you can pick up some vibes from people by meeting them.

had a talk with my friend. He told me that before marriage, his saurra used to remain quiet and talk very less.

Now he speaks bad about Dasam Granth Ji and khande baate da amrit.

He also hates people who eat in sarbloh.

He is extremely hankari and claims that no one has ever defeated him in debate.

• Like 2
  • Confused Copy 1

I've heard and read many of these cases, on this forum too. If you're religious and are getting married into a religious family, then make sure that you investigate and find out which "type" of Sikhi the other family are following. I've heard of many cases where Amridharis get married to people who come from families that follow cults like Radha Somais, and these cults then try to force you into their cult. 

The most recent one I've heard of is my mothers friends nephew, young amridhari guy, had a love marriage with a girl who comes from a radha soami family. A few months into the marriage and he hardly contacts his family now! 

My cousin who was a foji had a lucky escape! He was about to get married to a divorced Punjabi girl from India living in Southampton. And she asked him what our family believe in, and he said we believe in Guru Granth Sahib ji and the jaggas in our pind (I don't believe in that) and she said her family believe in the Bias wala baba/Radha soami, and that he has to start visiting the dera as well if they get married. He was desperate for a passport, lol, and said yes to her!   Luckily they had some disagreements and she decided to ditch him and they never married. He had a lucky escape! 

It really opened my eye to how these dera/cult members work. 

Be aware of who marry, or date ... 

• Like 1

These Deras are basically cults, that's why they're so secretive. How do people actually join them? do they just turn up ?  I'm guessing some kind of ritual takes place.

My chachi is a member of a dera, not sure which one, but she donated all her cattle to the dera! When we were going to Amritsar and crossing the Beas river, it was shocking to see the miles and miles of land/fields that followers had donated to the dera!

When Ram Raheem was imprisoned and all his followers were weeping and wailing, a few families from my dads pind hired vehicles and left in the middle of the night, dera followers are very secretive about these things. But news spreads fast in villages and someone saw them getting into the cars and leaving. 

Politicians obviously need the deras, to influence voting. 

From what I've read its not easy to leave these deras, a lot of dangerous people are involved in deras and they keep an eye on you. 

I'm guessing a lot of demonic practices take place, Ram Raheem used to castrate the boys. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

These Deras are basically cults, that's why they're so secretive. How do people actually join them? do they just turn up ?  I'm guessing some kind of ritual takes place.

My chachi is a member of a dera, not sure which one, but she donated all her cattle to the dera! When we were going to Amritsar and crossing the Beas river, it was shocking to see the miles and miles of land/fields that followers had donated to the dera!

When Ram Raheem was imprisoned and all his followers were weeping and wailing, a few families from my dads pind hired vehicles and left in the middle of the night, dera followers are very secretive about these things. But news spreads fast in villages and someone saw them getting into the cars and leaving. 

Politicians obviously need the deras, to influence voting. 

From what I've read its not easy to leave these deras, a lot of dangerous people are involved in deras and they keep an eye on you. 

I'm guessing a lot of demonic practices take place, Ram Raheem used to castrate the boys. 

r the things same in pakistan or even Sri Lanka?

Do the people there follow fake Godmen like crazy?

1 minute ago, shastarSingh said:

r the things same in pakistan or even Sri Lanka?

Do the people there follow fake Godmen like crazy?

They do in Pakistan, they have a lot of cults. Not sure about SriLanka ... 

Just now, shastarSingh said:

Isnt Islam against God men who claim to be one with God?

Can u name any cults?

seems like Paki babas aren't that different to their Indian counterparts