Fanatics Hindutva attacking Sikhs in diaspora

Kau89r8

• 3 months later...

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/australia-sikh-assault-case-khattar-writes-to-lekhi-asks-for-her-intervention-for-karnal-youths-release-281138

Chandigarh, July 10

Australia Sikh assault case: Haryana CM writes to Lekhi, asks for her intervention for Karnal youth Vishal Jood’s release

Vishal is a suspect in a series of hate crimes against some Sikhs in Sydney

Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Saturday wrote to Union Minister of State for External Affairs Meenakshi Lekhi, seeking her intervention in securing the matter pertaining to 24-year-old Vishal Jood who is lodged in a prison in Australia.

Urging Lekhi’s intervention “to secure justice for a son of Haryana”, Khattar said that he has received representations from various quarters including Jood’s family, according to a state government release.

They have conveyed to him that “Jood got into a tussle with a group that was raising anti-Indian slogans and even desecrating the Indian national flag and these groups have subsequently framed him on false charges”, Khattar said.

In the letter, the CM highlighted that he had held a virtual meeting with some representatives of the Indian Diaspora in Australia, who are backing Jood and have started a campaign there, to get him released from jail, as early as possible.

There have been protests and demonstrations in various parts of Haryana and north India in support of Jood and there is strong public sentiment for his early release, he said in the letter, as per the release.According to local media reports, Jood, who hails from Haryana’s Karnal, is lodged in an Australian prison for his alleged role in a series of hate attacks on some Sikhs in Sydney this year.

Khattar had earlier said that he would also urge the Australian High Commission to intervene. — PTI

Looks like the Indians think that their version of democracy should exist abroad as well

8 hours ago, Premi5 said:

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/australia-sikh-assault-case-khattar-writes-to-lekhi-asks-for-her-intervention-for-karnal-youths-release-281138

Chandigarh, July 10

Australia Sikh assault case: Haryana CM writes to Lekhi, asks for her intervention for Karnal youth Vishal Jood’s release

Vishal is a suspect in a series of hate crimes against some Sikhs in Sydney

Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Saturday wrote to Union Minister of State for External Affairs Meenakshi Lekhi, seeking her intervention in securing the matter pertaining to 24-year-old Vishal Jood who is lodged in a prison in Australia.

Urging Lekhi’s intervention “to secure justice for a son of Haryana”, Khattar said that he has received representations from various quarters including Jood’s family, according to a state government release.

They have conveyed to him that “Jood got into a tussle with a group that was raising anti-Indian slogans and even desecrating the Indian national flag and these groups have subsequently framed him on false charges”, Khattar said.

In the letter, the CM highlighted that he had held a virtual meeting with some representatives of the Indian Diaspora in Australia, who are backing Jood and have started a campaign there, to get him released from jail, as early as possible.

There have been protests and demonstrations in various parts of Haryana and north India in support of Jood and there is strong public sentiment for his early release, he said in the letter, as per the release.According to local media reports, Jood, who hails from Haryana’s Karnal, is lodged in an Australian prison for his alleged role in a series of hate attacks on some Sikhs in Sydney this year.

Khattar had earlier said that he would also urge the Australian High Commission to intervene. — PTI

Looks like the Indians think that their version of democracy should exist abroad as well

Weird how democracy tends to do that. 

Tell them we'll trade our Sher Jaggi for their kira. 

Even though one commit a series of hate crimes and the other did not. 

But they can have theirs back guilty, with real charges minus torture. 

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

He downvoted and said why but it got clipped. 

Yes, true. Here i would refer to the 18.63 of the Gita that advises thus:

https://bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-18-59.html

https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/18/verse/63

Briefly it asks us to consider fully the verses which have been given. And then to do as we wish. 

This means one is always free to decide whether to accept or reject any advice or opinion being offered.

What you might call the acknowledgement of free Will and true freedom and democracy. 

Please refer me to the equivalent verses in the Sri Guru Granth Sahibji. 

infact these hindutvas even wrote an oppen letter to the prime minister saying that elements of the Sikh community are terrorising Hindu community, targetting hindu owned store, hindu females etc, this was pretty much all lies and Gov officials just ignored it. Hindutva types feel like victims here rather than aggrossors

5 hours ago, Suchi said:

Yes, true. Here i would refer to the 18.63 of the Gita that advises thus:

https://bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-18-59.html

https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/18/verse/63

Briefly it asks us to consider fully the verses which have been given. And then to do as we wish. 

This means one is always free to decide whether to accept or reject any advice or opinion being offered.

What you might call the acknowledgement of free Will and true freedom and democracy. 

Please refer me to the equivalent verses in the Sri Guru Granth Sahibji. 

I have some Gurbani for you. Will take me a bit to find it. 

Freedom I agree with, democracy not as much any more.