Jump to content

Friends


Guest Guesto
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Guesto

Since I have come into sikhi, I have become so isolated and don’t have any friends. The friends before I came into sikhi have drifted away, and I drifted away from them because I didn’t want to fall off this path of sikhi. Now I’m feeling lonely. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest Guesto said:

Since I have come into sikhi, I have become so isolated and don’t have any friends. The friends before I came into sikhi have drifted away, and I drifted away from them because I didn’t want to fall off this path of sikhi. Now I’m feeling lonely. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Straight up on my own beseiged bro. Only support I get is from Akal and the Sadh Sangat. 

I encourage you to make an account and come often. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a weird metaphor, but if everyone was gang affiliated. And most gangs were under Kalyug. When you step out and identify with being a Sikh you're a target, and Maya under the influence of Kalyug comes at you. Is my opinion bro. Don't stop. Keep going. 

Even people you think of as Dharmi. 

I have no qualms giving up anyone for Khalsa Paanth. Even if I was surprised by it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Dear guest,

I’m sorry for not replying sooner, it’s because I didn’t know what to write, but your post has been in my thoughts. I know exactly what you mean because I’m that person, I don’t have any friends either. It makes me think, is this forum the closest I’m going to get to having friends? Spiritual journey is no fairytale, it’s brutally hard. Those who asked for further spiritual posts, I want to connect with them in space of friendship to try give them something truly special. 

There’s a project I’m working on in spare time called My Journey. Only if Guru does kirpa, desire is to pour everything into creating a deeply moving piece of work based on personal experience. 

I want to invite input from sangat. Are there any spiritual/naam simran questions you have? If you could speak with a genuine (but gupat) soul from the spiritual journey, what might you like to ask about? It can be as deep as you want ??Comment below

I won’t answer immediately below, but it gives me food for thought as daas works on this project. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Dear guest,

I’m sorry for not replying sooner, it’s because I didn’t know what to write, but your post has been in my thoughts. I know exactly what you mean because I’m that person, I don’t have any friends either. It makes me think, is this forum the closest I’m going to get to having friends? Spiritual journey is no fairytale, it’s brutally hard. Those who asked for further spiritual posts, I want to connect with them in space of friendship to try give them something truly special. 

There’s a project I’m working on in spare time called My Journey. Only if Guru does kirpa, desire is to pour everything into creating a deeply moving piece of work based on personal experience. 

I want to invite input from sangat. Are there any spiritual/naam simran questions you have? If you could speak with a genuine (but gupat) soul from the spiritual journey, what might you like to ask about? It can be as deep as you want ??Comment below

I won’t answer immediately below, but it gives me food for thought as daas works on this project. 

I think I asked you this question before. A moorakh like me would ask if you could you dive a bit deeper into the pressure in between the eyes when either doing naam simran, nitnem/paath, etc. Is this pressure the predecessor to the dasam duar? Thank you ji. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 5:59 AM, Guest Guesto said:

Since I have come into sikhi, I have become so isolated and don’t have any friends. The friends before I came into sikhi have drifted away, and I drifted away from them because I didn’t want to fall off this path of sikhi. Now I’m feeling lonely. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Do you go to the gurdwara often?

You could find some sangat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being alone or isolated from other people shouldn't be viewed as a badge of honour, or a mark of a person's spirituality. The people who promote this way of thinking tend to be more concerned about being seen to be holy and ethereal than actually possessing any of these qualities.

We are social creatures, but I also appreciate the need to disconnect from a society that is largely rudderless and values things and principles that make any thinking person recoil in distaste. It's a fine line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest guesto
6 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Do you go to the gurdwara often?

You could find some sangat.

 

6 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Do you go to the gurdwara often?

You could find some sangat.

I do go gurdwara often, but unfortunately if you’re not from their jatha mainly (AKJ) they look down on you, it’s sad to say this but it’s true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • was researching this and came back to this thread. Also found an older thread:    
    • Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use