Why nri Sikhs get so easily emotionally fooled?

shastarSingh

10 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Because like I said before we have a culturally inferiority complex. Our lack of Punjabi and us being too western hinders us.

How come Bhai jagraj Singh of basics of sikhi didn't feel culturally inferior?

He single handedly did so much parchar and prepared young western born parcharaks who are still doing great sewa.

I feel if western Sikhs keep rehit and do bhagti they won't feel inferior to Punjabi Sikhs.

A Waheguru's devotee doesn't feel inferior or dependent on anyone.

I think another reason is the example of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. (I am sure some of you are familiar with)

When you reach a certain level of material comfort you feel sometimes you need to give back.

You reach a point where you feel that life needs some purpose and you feel something is spiritually missing.

In the 3rd world you have a problem with scarcity, in the west we have a problem with abundance. 

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I know Panjabi vocabulary that the average pendu from back home doesn't (and I taught myself)

That's good.

But even if a western Sikh's vocabulary is weaker than Punjabi sikh, that shudnt be an issue.

I m born in Punjab but when I read gurbani, there are large number of words I don't understand.

If a western sikh does lots of gurbani paatth and memorizes the meanings of tough words, he will have better understanding of gurbani than Punjabi sikh.

8 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

How come Bhai jagraj Singh of basics of sikhi didn't feel culturally inferior?

He single handedly did so much parchar and prepared young western born parcharaks who are still doing great sewa.

I feel if western Sikhs keep rehit and do bhagti they won't feel inferior to Punjabi Sikhs.

A Waheguru's devotee doesn't feel inferior or dependent on anyone.

Bhai Jagraj Singh is from India and spent large part of his formative years there. He came to the UK when he was like 12.

He tapped into a gap and understood the Western Sikh mindset and broke bani down to bite size chunks. If you look at his online youtube it looks like how Western kids revise for exams. 

He made himself approachable whereas Western youth Sikhs feel daunted to ask a Giani because a lot of them feel Gianis are unapproachable. 

However,  a lot of Gianis and Parcharaks are now well versed in English and are a lot more approachable than people realise.

3 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Why they feel so?

Because partly the assumption is that the Giani cannot speak English and the Western youth Sikhs' Punjabi is not up to scratch.

Also, I think there is a lot of bluffology that goes in our culture in that we are hesitant to ask questions because the perception is that you should implicitly know things.

One of things I realise about our culture is that we never like to say "I don't know"

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Bhai Jagraj Singh is from India and spent large part of his formative years there. He came to the UK when he was like 12.

He tapped into a gap and understood the Western Sikh mindset and broke bani down to bite size chunks. If you look at his online youtube it looks like how Western kids revise for exams. 

He made himself approachable whereas Western youth Sikhs feel daunted to ask a Giani because a lot of them feel Gianis are unapproachable. 

However,  a lot of Gianis and Parcharaks are now well versed in English and are a lot more approachable than people realise.

I don't think Punjabi was his first language, neither did he spend more than couple of years growing up in India

Bhai Sukha Singh is a good fluent kathavachak

2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

But even if a western Sikh's vocabulary is weaker than Punjabi sikh, that shudnt be an issue.

You know, to be honest, the average grown up pendu's vocabulary range is like a 8 year old's is here (in English). I've tested a few pendus, they have an equivalent vocabulary range lower than the dumbest english bloke here. They might be chust and chalaak and all that, but their Panjabi language skills are very basic and unsophisticated. Very few of the mfs read regularly. 

There is a link between being able to feel, articulate and express yourself and the range of vocab you have to articulate that. If pendus vocab range is so low, maybe that would explain why they seem like the below image? 285018141_doabanevolution.png.3eabd2a57963926241175b8165da1d05.png

It's not hard for someone of average intelligence to get a better vocab than an average pendu.    Pendus seem to have very basic convos with each other. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Because partly the assumption is that the Giani cannot speak English and the Western youth Sikhs' Punjabi is not up to scratch.

Also, I think there is a lot of bluffology that goes in our culture in that we are hesitant to ask questions because the perception is that you should implicitly know things.

One of things I realise about our culture is that we never like to say "I don't know"

The only gianis I've met who seem genuinely intelligent are taksaali ones. The others seem like they were compelled into being a giani due to unfortunate circumstances and have resigned themselves to it.