Importance of Sarbloh Granth Sahib!

shastarSingh

7 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Nihangs recite opening section of Sarbloh Granth Sahib on Diwali.

They say that reading this composition, Maya becomes your servant and follows you.

Why we need Maya?

In this world, nothing gets accomplished without Maya.

To feed this human body, we need Maya.

To start Guru ka langar we need Maya.

To build a Gurdwara Sahib, we need Maya.

To do charity and help the humanity we need Maya.

To purchase weapons and to fight a dharam yudh we need Maya.

To establish Khalsa Raaj and to maintain its prosperity we will need Maya.

Baani of Sarbloh Granth Sahib serves 2 main purposes:

It can make a coward into a great warrior as it has amazing bir rass.

Reading Sarbloh Granth Sahib, Maya becomes your daasi.

Can we read it online?

So this might be weird. But a non Sikh friend of mine was struggling, and has a lot of trauma rooted in not having family especially a mother. She's only so open to Gurmat and I don't want to push Naam on her more than I already have. But we were talking and the conversation moved into the direction of recommending that she perhaps reach out to Maya herself to be her mother. Sure enough, since she started thinking like that her demeanor has been way more peaceful, and her economic situation has improved. She knows the difference between Akal and Maya and not to pray to Maya, but she was looking for a surrogate mother and in that way it seems to have worked. 

By not pushing too hard I've caught her doing Gurmantar sometimes and I asked a lot of Ardas for her as well. 

12 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

So this might be weird. But a non Sikh friend of mine was struggling, and has a lot of trauma rooted in not having family especially a mother. She's only so open to Gurmat and I don't want to push Naam on her more than I already have. But we were talking and the conversation moved into the direction of recommending that she perhaps reach out to Maya herself to be her mother. Sure enough, since she started thinking like that her demeanor has been way more peaceful, and her economic situation has improved. She knows the difference between Akal and Maya and not to pray to Maya, but she was looking for a surrogate mother and in that way it seems to have worked. 

By not pushing too hard I've caught her doing Gurmantar sometimes and I asked a lot of Ardas for her as well. 

Sounds like she could be a rishta for you?!

18 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

How’s this related to Sarbloh Granth though?