Vitamin D in Israel

dallysingh101

35 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Vit D will be higher than normal range most likely. I take Hux D3 20,000 (e.g. https://www.weldricks.co.uk/products/huxd3-capsules-20000iu-colecaliferol-pack-of-30) units every 2-3 weeks. Know someone does similar and their levels were slightly high on blood test. But unless you have kidney damage, then I think Vit D has to be taken at 'deliberate overdose' amounts to be close to toxic. Same with Vitamin B12. 

Have you had your levels checked recently? That seems like a high dose but who knows? The suggested levels to take keep changing.  

53 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Vit D will be higher than normal range most likely. I take Hux D3 20,000 (e.g. https://www.weldricks.co.uk/products/huxd3-capsules-20000iu-colecaliferol-pack-of-30) units every 2-3 weeks. Know someone does similar and their levels were slightly high on blood test. But unless you have kidney damage, then I think Vit D has to be taken at 'deliberate overdose' amounts to be close to toxic. Same with Vitamin B12. 

Interesting. What about in sunny places/countries ?

Interesting. Did you discover anything unexpected or different from your blood tests or NHS medical opinions ? Any idea why it's not popular - first I've heard of it. Looks expensive also

Chemtrails are used to modify the weather and justify green taxes. 

The NHS does not check for heavy metals or minerals as it comes under functional medicine.  All my blood tests come back normal except for iron and vit d3 deficiency. 

The OligoScan is very detailed. Mine shows high levels of aluminium, lead, and a few others. Low levels of calcium, vit A, B's, C and D3. Only vit E is OK. 

I wanted to show my GP as they have been harassing me for the Flu and Covid vaxx, when I have already told them I don't take drugs. 

I paid £100 for it. 

Many may not be aware of it as it's private. 

10 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Where did you get it done? How much did it cost? 

I've been to two places. The first is Nosh Detox and the other is Clinicbe. Both are in Knightsbridge.  Both offer the same service but communication is slightly better with Clinicbe. 

I believe the NHS should move to providing this service. I think there will be a lot of interest in this technology as it doesn't involve 2 visits to your GP and hospital and having to wait up to a week for results. They have also lost some of my samples in the past so needed to go back to provide further samples.

28 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Have you had your levels checked recently? That seems like a high dose but who knows? The suggested levels to take keep changing.  

I know medical people who have reassured me I would have to be taking many orders higher dose for there to be any concerns. Btw, many GP's in the UK won't routinely check Vit D because if you are taking at least the minimum recommended dose, then it's likely to be okay 

Just now, Premi5 said:

I know medical people who have reassured me I would have to be taking many orders higher dose for there to be any concerns. Btw, many GP's in the UK won't routinely check Vit D because if you are taking at least the minimum recommended dose, then it's likely to be okay 

It's just that it's good to know your levels. I twist my docs arm to get mine checked periodically. Why take supplements if you don't need them? 

I don't think what you are taking is dangerous, do you take them in summer too? 

I think the 1000 iu that is usually recommended may be too low for some. 

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's just that it's good to know your levels. I twist my docs arm to get mine checked periodically. Why take supplements if you don't need them? 

I don't think what you are taking is dangerous, do you take them in summer too? 

I think the 1000 iu that is usually recommended may be too low for some. 

I have only taken one or two in the past 2-3 months, have run out lol, need to order more. I take less in summer, and actively try to get sun on my trunk in the garden when not doing my office-based job! It's likely more beneficial (in my mind at least!)

I take occasional supplements of other things, but I know that most vitamins are absorbed fine in the diet. Apparently a lot of people (not surprisingly since in greens) have low levels of folic acid. 

I am also wary that the 'supplement industry' (and pharmaceutical) have a lot to gain from us. 

2 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I have only taken one or two in the past 2-3 months, have run out lol, need to order more. I take less in summer, and actively try to get sun on my trunk in the garden when not doing my office-based job! It's likely more beneficial (in my mind at least!)

I might try these when I run out of mine. I like the idea of taking one dose for a number of weeks rather than taking them everyday.  

2 hours ago, Suchi said:

I've just had an OligoScan locally. Shows up heavy metals, minerals, vitamins. Very useful to know where to focus

your diet. No blood needed. Results are provided there and then as it uses scanning technology to scan your hand. 

A Skeptical Look at the OligoScan

(NOT my opinion, lol)

The OligiScan’s manufacturer appears to be Physioquanta, of Montpellier, France. OligoScan North America, which is described on its Web site as “exclusive USA partners of OligoScan Europe,” registered and filed its articles of organization as a domestic limited-liability company in Nevada on June 5, 2013. The company’s domain (oligoscan.net) was registered for one year on May 25, 2013 by Rashid A. Buttar, D.O., of Cornelius, North Carolina, who is identified in videos as the company’s medical director. The Nevada registration document lists Seguros Management LTD of Nassau as its “manager.” Seguro’s Web site offers to provide nominal company directors, officers or company managers “to eliminate, from public records, the identities of the principals of the company and in doing so, provide the privacy you deserve.” [3] The FDA’s 510(k) database, which lists devices that have been cleared for marketing within the United States, yielded no entries when I searched on October 26th for “OligoScan.” Buttar describes the device as “probably the most exciting thing I have seen in diagnostics in my professional career as a physician, and I’ve been a physician now for 22 years.” [1]

Buttar, a major promoter of chelation therapy, is chairman of the American Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology, a group that advocates chelation therapy for a wide range of nonstandard uses [4]. During a disciplinary hearing held in 2008, he indicated that nearly all the patients he sees are diagnosed with heavy metal toxicity and receive chelation therapy [5].....

Why I Am Skeptical

To validate the use of such a device, several types of studies would be essential. One would be to validate the accuracy with laboratory tests that examine whether the device can reliably measure the contents of purified blood/plasma extracts that are known to have various concentrations of heavy metals and other ions. If such measurements are accurate, extensive testing would be needed to (a) see whether measurements in the hand reflect values in rest of the body, (b) to determine what levels warrant concern, and (c) whether modifying these levels with chelation improves patient health. OligoScan’s Web sites offer a list of 35 articles that supposedly support use of the device [8]. Some involve the mineral content of food. Some discuss the health risks of heavy metals. Some discuss spectroscopy. But none, as far as I can tell, evaluate what the OligiScan video claims or demonstrate that patients benefited from use of the device. Without published studies, including some from independent investigators, I see no reason to consider the test useful or even potentially useful.

14 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

A Skeptical Look at the OligoScan

(NOT my opinion, lol)

The OligiScan’s manufacturer appears to be Physioquanta, of Montpellier, France. OligoScan North America, which is described on its Web site as “exclusive USA partners of OligoScan Europe,” registered and filed its articles of organization as a domestic limited-liability company in Nevada on June 5, 2013. The company’s domain (oligoscan.net) was registered for one year on May 25, 2013 by Rashid A. Buttar, D.O., of Cornelius, North Carolina, who is identified in videos as the company’s medical director. The Nevada registration document lists Seguros Management LTD of Nassau as its “manager.” Seguro’s Web site offers to provide nominal company directors, officers or company managers “to eliminate, from public records, the identities of the principals of the company and in doing so, provide the privacy you deserve.” [3] The FDA’s 510(k) database, which lists devices that have been cleared for marketing within the United States, yielded no entries when I searched on October 26th for “OligoScan.” Buttar describes the device as “probably the most exciting thing I have seen in diagnostics in my professional career as a physician, and I’ve been a physician now for 22 years.” [1]

Buttar, a major promoter of chelation therapy, is chairman of the American Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology, a group that advocates chelation therapy for a wide range of nonstandard uses [4]. During a disciplinary hearing held in 2008, he indicated that nearly all the patients he sees are diagnosed with heavy metal toxicity and receive chelation therapy [5].....

Why I Am Skeptical

To validate the use of such a device, several types of studies would be essential. One would be to validate the accuracy with laboratory tests that examine whether the device can reliably measure the contents of purified blood/plasma extracts that are known to have various concentrations of heavy metals and other ions. If such measurements are accurate, extensive testing would be needed to (a) see whether measurements in the hand reflect values in rest of the body, (b) to determine what levels warrant concern, and (c) whether modifying these levels with chelation improves patient health. OligoScan’s Web sites offer a list of 35 articles that supposedly support use of the device [8]. Some involve the mineral content of food. Some discuss the health risks of heavy metals. Some discuss spectroscopy. But none, as far as I can tell, evaluate what the OligiScan video claims or demonstrate that patients benefited from use of the device. Without published studies, including some from independent investigators, I see no reason to consider the test useful or even potentially useful.

Dr Buttar is anti pharma, hence why the negative write up. OligoScan can revolutionise the medical industry. 

I tried to share it on LinkedIn but it got blocked!