punishment for sins in Sikhi

justasking

2 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

There have been cases esp in that extremist haven UK, where individual Sikhs have taken the law into their own hands and thought they had the authority to punish other Sikhs. Some even got together 5 of there own gang and deemed themselves panj pyare and beat up a person for a transgression. 

If you're talking about who I think you are, that wasn't exactly a common case. The guy had gay abuse accusations against him, and was apparently a known casteist and bully targeting vulnerable people.  

7 hours ago, scali said:

The central theme for human existence revolves around Ego. What’s in it for me and to get that by any means necessary by hook or crook is the limit of existence for most. That’s why the concept of onesess is foreign and impossible to believe. But that doesn’t change the ultimate truth of Unity that all (separation illusion) leads to the oneness. 

It's 1 ness not oneness that Sikhi espouses. In fact Gurbani calls on us to renounce everything but 1. 

26 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you're talking about who I think you are, that wasn't exactly a common case. The guy had gay abuse accusations against him, and was apparently a known casteist and bully targeting vulnerable people.  

Unfortunately accusations seeded with additional false accusations, and fake testimony, which then puts doubt on the entire situation. Go Kaur movement. Way to <banned word filter activated> that up. 

3 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

As a Sikh, u have no authority to punish anyone. Unless ur part of the panj pyare and someone comes to you to confess or get help.

There have been cases esp in that extremist haven UK, where individual Sikhs have taken the law into their own hands and thought they had the authority to punish other Sikhs. Some even got together 5 of there own gang and deemed themselves panj pyare and beat up a person for a transgression. 

Stop this nonsense. Stop trying to bring back puratan sikhi and stop trying to be arbitrators. 

Just go be pesh at an amrit sinchaar and get tankhaah of 21 japji sahib or something. If it's too tame of a punishment, do simran 24 hours if u have to. There's no call to give physical punishments. 

I agree with the second part, unless arbitration is required, then somebody is going to have to. 

4 hours ago, scali said:

Loving all doesn’t exclude oneself  and what’s right. If an act of unevolved person causing hurt to another. Then I would whats appropriate to defend. Ones free will doesn’t give right to revoke other persons free will. Universal laws work on consequences not punishment. Like smoking cause Lung cancer.

Gurbabi says love only 1 Oankar Vaheguru Akal Purakh. 

7 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Lol. She said extremist haven. 

How is uk an extremist haven friend? @Not2Cool2Argue

I agree dude was all types of wrong for that beatdown. Dude might be mentally unfit as well as a <banned word filter activated>. 

What makes me laugh is that the US is well known for it's neo-nazis and she's calling this place out! I mean, the US's not exactly a place where racial tensions are unknown - and that too for a LONG while. 

I've met black doctors and professionals from here, who've told me some shocking stuff about they were treated and threatened when they passed through certain areas out there.  

"What'chu doing here boy!"

4 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What makes me laugh is that the US is well known for it's neo-nazis and she's calling this place out! I mean, the US's not exactly a place where racial tensions are unknown - and that too for a LONG while. 

I've met black doctors and professionals from here, who've told me some shocking stuff about they were treated and threatened when they passed through certain areas out there.  

"What'chu doing here boy!"

Towns around here still have horns they play at sundown. They're called sundown towns, it meant be out before this time or you're getting lynched. Then once all the darkies were out of town, the white boys would set to robbing and raping and come dawn, well sheeeeit those darkies are so hard to see in the night they done snuck in and raped the white women. Best geet em. 

Then if anyone today is like ummm, you should probably remove that horn... The locals are like darr!! Sjw! Woke! Like some people here in that regard. Lol.