Jump to content

I just browsed shaadi.com for the first time in years


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro you make your own luck in life. I understand that with you living in a trailer park in Modoc County it's hard for you to ever go to the Gurdwara but try to expand your horizons. Go to the Gurdware

How did you find the time in your schedule to post in this thread? I thought you had an appointment at the barber shop today.

Go join the gym and lose some weight you fat fu.k, maybe then some girl will find you attractive enough to marry you.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

I'm sorry, but what are you talking, bro?

Another name for "welfare", as you call it, is marriage. As we've always known it, except for the past few decades, when also everything has gone to tell.

@proudkaur21 said she'd rather stay at home and raise children instead of a corporate job. That's the best thing a Sikh woman (or any woman) could do.

The famouse pauri from Asa di Vaar praising women is written in praise of them as vessels. The word ਭੰਡ means vessel. (Meaning carrier of babies.)

Guru Nanak ji says the greatness of women is in birthing great children:
 

ਸੋ ਕਿਉ ਮੰਦਾ ਆਖੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਜੰਮਹਿ ਰਾਜਾਨ ॥
sō kiu mandā ākhīai jit janmah rājān .

How can those be called bad who give birth to kings?

All about the attitude bro you know I recommend someone stay home with the kids but I don't recommend someone that ropes a husband into it for the wrong reasons because they're lazy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

All about the attitude bro you know I recommend someone stay home with the kids but I don't recommend someone that ropes a husband into it for the wrong reasons because they're lazy. 

OK, I suppose. I certainly wouldn't want a woman to "stay at home" and just watch soap operas the whole day. She should be doing full Nitnem plus Asa di Vaar. Learning keertan. Singing Japji to her kids, and teaching them. Teaching them Punjabi, Gurmukhi, and Sikh history. Helping them memorize Nitnem.

Doing Sukhmani Sahib, possibly with other women.

Tending an organic garden to get fresh fruit and vegetables for her family and make food every day. (That's the maryada established by Guru Amar Das ji). Helping poor people. Mending her family's clothes. Taking care of her mother and father in law. Sewing Rumala Sahibs for Guru ji. 

And greeting her husband when he comes home in the evening and then doing Rehras along with the kids.

But not the stupid corporate office job.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BhForce said:

OK, I suppose. I certainly wouldn't want a woman to "stay at home" and just watch soap operas the whole day. She should be doing full Nitnem plus Asa di Vaar. Learning keertan. Singing Japji to her kids, and teaching them. Teaching them Punjabi, Gurmukhi, and Sikh history. Helping them memorize Nitnem.

Doing Sukhmani Sahib, possibly with other women.

Tending an organic garden to get fresh fruit and vegetables for her family and make food every day. (That's the maryada established by Guru Amar Das ji). Helping poor people. Mending her family's clothes. Taking care of her mother and father in law. Sewing Rumala Sahibs for Guru ji. 

And greeting her husband when he comes home in the evening and then doing Rehras along with the kids.

But not the stupid corporate office job.

None of which I've ever heard Bhenji talk about. But we know she doesn't like working. 

The way you do one thing is the way you do everything. Work ethic applies to the home as well. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

None of which I've ever heard Bhenji talk about. But we know she doesn't like working. 

The way you do one thing is the way you do everything. Work ethic applies to the home as well. 

 

Well, what if she just finds a man to subsidize her posting good content to Sikhsangat all day? That'd be fine. 

It'd take a load off of some us to refute a lot of the anti-Panthic nonsense out there!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Well, what if she just finds a man to subsidize her posting good content to Sikhsangat all day? That'd be fine. 

It'd take a load off of some us to refute a lot of the anti-Panthic nonsense out there!

Many things look similar, or sound similar, but due to their intention or energy are entirely different I don't really care what Bhenji does what worries me is that she comes across as lazy and more interested in not working than actually being a Gursikh. Which is probably not what a loyal Singh deserves in a wife. An expense. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BhForce said:

OK, this is very reasonable. Gurbani says don't be a fatso:

ਫਿਟੁ ਇਵੇਹਾ ਜੀਵਿਆ ਜਿਤੁ ਖਾਇ ਵਧਾਇਆ ਪੇਟੁ ॥

Cursed is that life, in which one eats to increase his belly.

This is reasonable, too. And it's traditional wisdom in our society, that's the reason the girl's side is said to be the "lower" side, because she's marrying up, supposedly. Because in our society, the point of marriage is to produce a family, and the man needs to be able to provision for his family.

And here we get to unreasonable. It's fine to want a man who earns a few tens of thousands more than you and have some money saved. It's unreasonable for every woman to think she can get a top doctor or millionaire.

I'm thinking that perhaps the answer is the crazy women will die alone, and their genes will die off. Meanwhile the reasonable women will reproduce.

Within the Rehitdhari Paanth maybe, but crazy selfish people breed like rabbits out of wedlock. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use