Islam has become Redpilled in the West...Everyone is converting to Islam

Kau89r8

1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

Also Milton Keynes city in North Bucks only seems to have 2 gurdwaras. The Ramgharia gurdwara has regular sangat, but the other gurdwara run by MK sikh society, seems to mainly only have Sunday Sangat, which is a trend in isolated areas, it's the same for Northamptonshire gurdwaras unless there's a special programme, event, gurpurb etc.

That does seem to be a thing in more isolated areas.

But I like those kind of gurdwareh. 

On 9/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

The suls have written 'Islam will rule' in large graffiti on a railway bridge right next to Ramgarhia Gurdwara, obviously as an act of provocation and the damn committee have done nothing about it, it's been up there for quite a while. I guess we are a cowardly community now. Lots of infighting but haven't got the bottle to paint over this graffiti. The sign for the same Gurdwara on the main Stoke Poges Lane road has also been deliberately changed to point in the wrong direcrion, no doubt the work of suls again. I remember back in the 90s apne threw a pig's head in a mosque as retaliation for them burning the Nishan Sahib, where has that fighting spirit gone? 

These damn committee members were smashing each others cars a few years ago over elections so they have thugs in their midsts, so why can't these thugs do anything about this graffiti? 

Any suggestions on what could be done? 

there's too many Kenya Singhs in those kinda gurdwaras, really chummy chummy with the goras and politicians, fixo the beards to the max and younger generations just trimming it instead of getting into the fixo malarkey, lack of open beards and turbans you can take off like hats, don't make for intimidating or annakhi singhs. I heard that pakistanis try to pickup girls from the Slough Ramgharia gurdwara.  They need to join with the other 2 gurdwaras in Slough to help them out, they can't act like the elders did where they split from the Singh Sabha gurdwara because they were too aggressive, now is the time to use that aggression.  And the Guru Maneyo Granth gurdwara Bath Road gets nationwide sangat on Sundays, so just use those numbers in Slough!

On 9/22/2023 at 8:38 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

That does seem to be a thing in more isolated areas.

But I like those kind of gurdwareh. 

in these gurdwaras, gyanis and sewadaars are known by the regular sangat, and regular sangat is close knit. Activities and panjabi schools are also good as most of the same children come. 

In both areas, I don't like the lack of cooperation between Ramgharia and Singh Sabha gurdwaras. Overall it's a benefit to have gurdwaras in at least 2 different locations in big towns and cities. But it's bad if they don't cooperate, especially in major issues that Khalsa is known for. Ramgharia gurdwaras like to rep up Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgharia, with the Slough gurdwara even having a statue. But the lack of keeping Khalsa rehit, looking too scared and cowardly to keep full beards or open beards, not acknowledging the Khalsa Nihang Singh mentality of Jassa Singh and being stuck in the kenya Singh mentality, not even willing to read Chaupai Sahib properly during Rehras, and many of these Ramgharia gurdwaras are not even willing to keep basic rehit of allowing sitting on the floor for langar and allowing shoes inside as well, all these behaviours aren't working for chardi kala of the panth!

It's like they are trying to keep their own type of sikhi, it's not even a tradition, just being stuck in their own box, they are not in the colonial British army, or serving in the world wars, or making train tracks or some other jobs for the gora, why do they behave this way, this archaic stuff in gurdwara? And doesn't do justice to Jassa Singh Ramgharia, who would have been a rehitee Nihang Singh, annakhi Singhs who defeated the enemies and kept in the brotherhood of the Khalsa with the other misls, even after their whole misl was excommunicated expelled from the panth, they still rejoined the Khalsa and helped defeat the enemies! I don't see them trying to integrate with the rest of the panth in the ramgharia gurdwaras, not like Jassa Singh, obviously it's the elders who instil these mentalities, with some of the youngsters trying to connect back into sikhi!

19 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

there's too many Kenya Singhs in those kinda gurdwaras, really chummy chummy with the goras and politicians, fixo the beards to the max and younger generations just trimming it instead of getting into the fixo malarkey, lack of open beards and turbans you can take off like hats, don't make for intimidating or annakhi singhs. I heard that pakistanis try to pickup girls from the Slough Ramgharia gurdwara.  They need to join with the other 2 gurdwaras in Slough to help them out, they can't act like the elders did where they split from the Singh Sabha gurdwara because they were too aggressive, now is the time to use that aggression.  And the Guru Maneyo Granth gets nationwide sangat on Sundays, so just use those numbers in Slough!

in these gurdwaras, gyanis and sewadaars are known by the regular sangat, and regular sangat is close knit. Activities and panjabi schools are also good as most of the same children come. 

In both areas, I don't like the lack of cooperation between Ramgharia and Singh Sabha gurdwaras. Overall it's a benefit to have gurdwaras in at least 2 different locations in big towns and cities. But it's bad if they don't cooperate, especially in major issues that Khalsa is known for. Ramgharia gurdwaras like to rep up Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgharia, with the Slough gurdwara even having a statue. But the lack of keeping Khalsa rehit, looking too scared and cowardly to keep full beards or open beards, not acknowledging the Khalsa Nihang Singh mentality of Jassa Singh and being stuck in the kenya Singh mentality, not even willing to read Chaupai Sahib properly during Rehras, and many of these Ramgharia gurdwaras are not even willing to keep basic rehit of allowing sitting on the floor for langar and allowing shoes inside as well, all these behaviours aren't working for chardi kala of the panth!

It's like they are trying to keep their own type of sikhi, it's not even a tradition, just being stuck in their own box, they are not in the colonial British army, or serving in the world wars, or making train tracks or some other jobs for the gora, why do they behave this way, this archaic stuff in gurdwara? And doesn't do justice to Jassa Singh Ramgharia, who would have been a rehitee Nihang Singh, annakhi Singhs who defeated the enemies and kept in the brotherhood of the Khalsa with the other misls, even after their whole misl was excommunicated expelled from the panth, they still rejoined the Khalsa and helped defeat the enemies! I don't see them trying to integrate with the rest of the panth in the ramgharia gurdwaras, not like Jassa Singh, obviously it's the elders who instil these mentalities, with some of the youngsters trying to connect back into sikhi!

I do sometimes think that the function of a gurdwara has expanded to things that were not expected before.

We expect them to be political institutions, we want them to be social clubs, we want them to be creches, we want them to be daycare centres. 

On 9/28/2023 at 1:14 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

I do sometimes think that the function of a gurdwara has expanded to things that were not expected before.

We expect them to be political institutions, we want them to be social clubs, we want them to be creches, we want them to be daycare centres. 

I feel gurdwaras are maybe somewhat getting back to their functions as dharmsalas containing schools and learning centres. With panjabi schools, gurmat classes, santhiya, martial arts, keertan training, with sikhi camps occasionally in towns, there is somewhat some functions connected to traditional gurdwaras of the past.

22 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I feel gurdwaras are maybe somewhat getting back to their functions as dharmsalas containing schools and learning centres. With panjabi schools, gurmat classes, santhiya, martial arts, keertan training, with sikhi camps occasionally in towns, there is somewhat some functions connected to traditional gurdwaras of the past.

I've also seen two gurdwaras offering yoga classes. So they've started their journey back to their dharmic roots, which is welcome.