Some Observations After Visiting Punjab for the First Time in Over a Decade

On 7/11/2023 at 10:55 PM, imhosingh said:

Who knows what the future brings...for 1000s of years the jews didn't have a land in the middle east..they left the area..then along comes a Austrian bloke with a moustache, persecutes loads of them and then they end up with a homeland in the middle east.

Kaljug is over 100k years. The depletion of sikhi from the Panjab has only accelerated since partition <100yrs . There's still plenty of time for a  homeland and sikhi to thrive again in those parts or globally 

Jewish comparison (which i used to all the time say this model we should follow) make me laugh now. Jews are smart. Its in their genetics.  Poooonjabis are not. They collectively work on similar goals and very united esp on israel. You won't see Jews throwing other Jews other the bus like fellow Sikhs do. Too many difference opinions politics backstabbers. We could take a note and instead protesting every weekend excel in business STEM etc or else we are known for jumping up and down.

On 7/12/2023 at 9:44 AM, ChardikalaUK said:

If that ever happens Sikhs will easily be a minority in Punjab. Jatts are 60% of our population I believe. 

Not if it ever happens it WILL.. 5-10 yrs. My moms pind last remaining generation of my nana nani and gone young middle age are also dead or abroad. You have these huge kothis built empty families residing in the West but their kids are not interested mona too. All outsiders bhaiya UP army wives taken over non jatts . Rather live loner too out there because too much toxicity and fakers larping gangster killing you for zameen drugs etc. Generally speaking in Canada/UK Panjabi populated areas Surry Brampton have bad rep. Always in news wrong things. Apne killing apne. No wander any chance get Sikhs move to gora areas.

3 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Not if it ever happens it WILL.. 5-10 yrs. My moms pind last remaining generation of my nana nani and gone young middle age are also dead or abroad. You have these huge kothis built empty families residing in the West but their kids are not interested mona too. All outsiders bhaiya UP army wives taken over non jatts . Rather live loner too out there because too much toxicity and fakers larping gangster killing you for zameen drugs etc. Generally speaking in Canada/UK Panjabi populated areas Surry Brampton have bad rep. Always in news wrong things. Apne killing apne. No wander any chance get Sikhs move to gora areas.

Please learn how to write coherently.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:38 PM, Kau89r8 said:

Jewish comparison (which i used to all the time say this model we should follow) make me laugh now. Jews are smart. Its in their genetics.  Poooonjabis are not. They collectively work on similar goals and very united esp on israel. You won't see Jews throwing other Jews other the bus like fellow Sikhs do. Too many difference opinions politics backstabbers. We could take a note and instead protesting every weekend excel in business STEM etc or else we are known for jumping up and down.

I wonder where we get that from.......hint...bwaaaahhh!!

Not if it ever happens it WILL.. 5-10 yrs. My moms pind last remaining generation of my nana nani and gone young middle age are also dead or abroad. You have these huge kothis built empty families residing in the West but their kids are not interested mona too.

You can expect the older generation to die off, it's not anything unnatural. Plus also, I'm not shocked that most of the people raised abroad don't want to settle back there or avoid even looking after property/land - you know how cut throat it is out there - your own family will do you first.   Plus we aren't the only ones, I was talking Rajasthani doctor recently, she said the same, she had her father's property back home, and has to try and sell it as none of the grown up kids were interested in it.   

All outsiders bhaiya UP army wives taken over non jatts .

I don't know what this is supposed to mean?

Rather live loner too out there because too much toxicity and fakers larping gangster killing you for zameen drugs etc.

Do we have anyone to blame for this but ourselves? 

Generally speaking in Canada/UK Panjabi populated areas Surry Brampton have bad rep. Always in news wrong things. Apne killing apne. No wander any chance get Sikhs move to gora areas.

I don't think the UK has gone anywhere near Canadian levels with the drug related apna on apna killings. I didn't think our rep was that bad here? Okay, we might not be known for being the brightest sparks, but I think other communities reps are infinitely more stained than ours along those lines you are alluding too. Not that that means we shouldn't strive to improve still.  

On 7/12/2023 at 5:27 PM, realist17 said:

But history is history. I just hate the fact that some European countries cover &lt;banned word filter activated&gt; up. Guess its true the winners always have the last say. 

But we're living in the information age, and have a level of unrestricted communication that is absolutely unprecedented compared to only a few decades ago. So the chance of the truth becoming known is higher than ever.  

Also, we can see how the whole colonialist narrative is being robustly challenged from many quarters (globally too), like never before. 

Edward Colston statue pulled out of Bristol Harbour - BBC News

What Should Happen to Confederate Statues? A City Auctions One for $1.4  Million - The New York Times

City of Richmond, Virginia, removes Stonewall Jackson statue, will remove a  dozen Confederate monuments.

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I wonder where we get that from.......hint...bwaaaahhh!!

You can expect the older generation to die off, it's not anything unnatural. Plus also, I'm not shocked that most of the people raised abroad don't want to settle back there or avoid even looking after property/land - you know how cut throat it is out there - your own family will do you first.   Plus we aren't the only ones, I was talking Rajasthani doctor recently, she said the same, she had her father's property back home, and has to try and sell it as none of the grown up kids were interested in it.   

I don't know what this is supposed to mean?

Do we have anyone to blame for this but ourselves? 

I don't think the UK has gone anywhere near Canadian levels with the drug related apna on apna killings. I didn't think our rep was that bad here? Okay, we might not be known for being the brightest sparks, but I think other communities reps are infinitely more stained than ours along those lines you are alluding too. Not that that means we shouldn't strive to improve still.  

It's mostly kaleh and sul who are in the drug dealing business here. However the Afghan Sikhs are definitely involved, using their shops as fronts but they're not the violent type. 

Southall is mostly a lawless place, people don't follow traffic rules at all and pedestrians are just as bad, just walking into the middle of roads while cars are driving, no one has any patience whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's mostly kaleh and sul who are in the drug dealing business here. However the Afghan Sikhs are definitely involved, using their shops as fronts but they're not the violent type. 

Exactly, they are higher up the food chain. It's a business for them, and not some lifestyle choice like it is with certain rural apnay who absolutely love the noteriety. At least the Afghans are doing it discreetly. Imagine if apnay were killing each other in droves here, over deals like in Canada!!! I don't know how on earth kau89r8 has come to her conclusion about apnay here? If anything, we are perceived as relatively 'lulloo'. Hell, even paks in the UK who are heavily involved in 'juggling' aren't offing each other like wealthy young apnay are over in canuck land.  

Southall is mostly a lawless place, people don't follow traffic rules at all and pedestrians are just as bad, just walking into the middle of roads while cars are driving, no one has any patience whatsoever. 

Hmmmm...where does that remind me of........

Gridlock, chaos at Punjab's lone PMET centre : The Tribune India

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I have to add, I think apnay being in concentrations with many other apnay doesn't do them any favours. If anything it normalises some of the more brainless stuff apnay do.  

16 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I have to add, I think apnay being in concentrations with many other apnay doesn't do them any favours. If anything it normalises some of the more brainless stuff apnay do.  

It just gives them an excuse to behave as they do in India. 

I was at a mela yesterday in Southall, the vast majority of the crowd were savages. Mostly illegal single men. They are the worst of our community here. At least the apne who came here from the 60s - 80s came with wives or called them over later. These guys are just drunk perverts who urinate on the street.