Some Observations After Visiting Punjab for the First Time in Over a Decade

21 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I was at a mela yesterday in Southall, the vast majority of the crowd were savages. Mostly illegal single men. They are the worst of our community here....These guys are just drunk perverts who urinate on the street. 

I think it's right that you and that kau8r89 broad should end up married to these types of guys since you two were so vocal in trying to castigate me for condemning the jut culture that creates perpetuates and normalises this behaviour. Hell, be honest, you was probably looking for some vulnerable twat to twist into your husband when you went to the mela. Like it's the first time you noticed this....... My granddad told me that this was how they behave (decades ago and back home),  hence why he prohibited his daughters going to these peasant celebrations.  

11 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think it's right that you and that kau8r89 broad should end up married to these types of guys since you two were so vocal in trying to castigate me for condemning the jut culture that creates perpetuates and normalises this behaviour. Hell, be honest, you was probably looking for some vulnerable twat to twist into your husband when you went to the mela. Like it's the first time you noticed this....... My granddad told me that this was how they behave (decades ago and back home),  hence why he prohibited his daughters going to these peasant celebrations.  

I am a married man with a son you fool. 

And yes I wouldn't ever take a girl or woman to one of these melas. It was far more family oriented back in the 90s before the hordes of illegals came here. 

I think back home they are just steadily regressing into their previous Panjabi tribal identities/state, which is dangerous because it means that we aren't evolving along Sikh cultural moorings. 

But then when I consider that they've been living in a period of the highest corruption of our highest institutes, to the point of buying votes for whisky - maybe it's not too surprising? 

13 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I am a married man with a son you fool. 

Hahahahaha!! And I was thinking you was an uppity broad all this time....lol!!!  Stop acting like one. 

And yes I wouldn't ever take a girl or woman to one of these melas. It was far more family oriented back in the 90s before the hordes of illegals came here.  

I don't know, I went to a few of them back then, I think a lot of skanky stuff went on undercover. Part of it seemed like another one of those putting apneean on a platter for anyone who happens to turn up. Don't get me wrong, I understand why people would attend and have enjoyed melay myself, but then these things have these other consequences.......  

On 7/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

Southall is mostly a lawless place, people don't follow traffic rules at all and pedestrians are just as bad, just walking into the middle of roads while cars are driving, no one has any patience whatsoever. 

So, basically, Pakistan/India with no Vitamin D?

On 7/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

. However the Afghan Sikhs are definitely involved, using their shops as fronts but they're not the violent type. 

Let me ask you something, since you seem to have some knowledge of the situation.

How do the Afghan Sikhs act towards non-Afghan Sikhs?

Me personally, I'd avoid Muslims and their shops if I could. But what about Afghan Sikhs? Even if (some of them) are selling drugs, are they fine to interact with otherwise?

I.e., you just say Fateh and transact your business? Are they friendly enough? (I know they would probably only fully open up with other Afghan Sikhs in the same business, but still.)

On 7/9/2023 at 12:23 PM, californiasardar1 said:

Today's Punjabis speak a different language than my parents. They use different kinds of Punjabi/Hindi words for certain things than my parents did, and they constantly insert English words into Punjabi sentences

Could you give some examples of both? I am interested.

23 hours ago, BhForce said:

So, basically, Pakistan/India with no Vitamin D?

Let me ask you something, since you seem to have some knowledge of the situation.

How do the Afghan Sikhs act towards non-Afghan Sikhs?

Me personally, I'd avoid Muslims and their shops if I could. But what about Afghan Sikhs? Even if (some of them) are selling drugs, are they fine to interact with otherwise?

I.e., you just say Fateh and transact your business? Are they friendly enough? (I know they would probably only fully open up with other Afghan Sikhs in the same business, but still.)

Afghan Sikhs are pleasant enough to deal with in their shops and some can be very friendly, but they're extremely business oriented. They will try their utmost to not let you leave their shop empty handed (non grocery stores). They still practice cousin marriages which I find disgusting and their children are not the most educated as they just focus on their parents business. 

I find them a bit odd in the sense they will play kirtan in their shops while selling alcohol and meat and their wives will cake themselves in makeup. 

Still I would much rather go to their shops rather than a sul's. 

11 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I find them a bit odd in the sense they will play kirtan in their shops while selling alcohol and meat and their wives will cake themselves in makeup. 

This isn't unique to them, I've seen Panjabis do it in their off licenses in Southall. When I used to go to the melay.  What's weird is that the man behind the counter was a full on Amritdhari looking baba.

Actually I also remember one similar Amritdhari bloke here in east London that had an off licence too. I worked in a desi warehouse that supplied these places, their were a few amritdhari looking customers. Apnay used to own the off license trade back in the days.