Boycott UCL Seminar Series

Guest SYA

Boycott UCL Seminar Series

Sikh Youth Alerts would like to call upon the Sikh youth to boycott Seminar Series being held at UCL entitled “"KEEP ON WALKING" Seminar Series.” The speaker Cpt. Sukhdev Singh from Malaysia has very controversial Anti-Panthic views. In a talk in 2004 Cpt Sukhdev Singh was encouraging chairs to be taken up in Darbars and said “in the future we will give amrit to even those who do not have 5k’s. We are focused on the form to much, we need to look at the formless” he said Kesh where not significant and other views to which are in direct contrast with Akal Takath. He said Sikhi need to be allowed to take its own form in different parts of the world encouraging Manmat Hindu rituals of tika and Arti with divas, etc. These are just some of Mr Sukhdev Singh’s controversial views on Sikhi.

We would urge the Sikh youth to act upon this and Boycott this talk.

Captin Sukhdev Singh has made many controversial statements in his talks and we are saddened that after hearing all this first hand UCL SIKH SOC & L.I.N.K.S. have invited him to speak again.

We ask the Sikh Youth to unite and ask Sikh Societies through out London/UK to check Guest speakers before they are invited and not allow any Anti-Panthic speakers such as Cpt. Sukhdev Singh to make any kind of presentation/talk what so ever from University Sikh Societies.

Sikh Youth Alerts (UK)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say it is not up to Manvir singh Veer ji. He is not part of UCL. Veer Ji does a great job in paarchar of Sikhi. and this should not be about him,

it is about LINKS and UCL Sikh Soc who have invited Cpt.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Can these University Sikh Socieities get their act together!!?? :wub: @ :@ @

There's a consistant pattern developing here. Why is it these London Uni Society keep messing up? Who is advising them? If it's not Sanatanic Nangs, it's others. What next Baba Harneck and his dance troop.

Sort your elect committees out. Maybe it's time for a clean up.

270105.jpg

Contact numbers on that poster for any complaints about the event!!!!!!!

BOSS-UK are majorly involved with Sikh Socs however, in this case, it does not seem to have been passed or endorsed by them as they normally have their logo or website name mentioned on it - however, im sure if u contact them, they will look into it - and so will sikhifm.com

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

In regards to controversy regarding Sukhdev Singh

I have personally listened a talk he did at Sikh Student Camp and a talk he did at uni, plus I have had oppurtunity to listen to him informally in gathering at gurdwara.

For me personally there are negatives and positives about Sukhdev Singh's views (not Sukhdev Singh himself - because I don't know enough about him to judge him)

He has some inspirational thoughts and wisdom which he shared at the Camp in August which I enjoyed and was impressed by.

I agree that some of his views which he shared at our university - i personally didn't agree with nor do I think they were right according to how I see Sikhi.

Because I have seen the Good viewpoints he makes and the few dodgey viewpoints (which i think) he makes - therefore i thought that it is reasonable to listen to his talk - KEEPING IN MIND THAT THIS TALK IS NOT RELIGIOUS OR NOT ABOUT SIKHI - it's about Wisdom and improving one's life skills etc (according to what i have been told)

If i had only heard dodgey things or things which i think were not right according to Guru Panth and Guru Granth, then I would not have posted the Talk details, however because I have heard positive and good stuff as well... so i thought it would be good to go and listen to the talk

those were my reasons for posting the Talk Details on SikhSangat.

I have been ensured by the organisers:

1/ The

talk is not religious or about Sikhi

2/ Nothing controversial well be mentioned or discussed

bhul chuk maaf karnee ji

i don't know anything more than i have stated. Guru Raaka

Ban the event

Kick the people out that run the Sikh Soc.

Why would you allow a person that promote anti sikhi stuff to Talk at a Sikh Soc Event, thats wrong.

We dont get RadhaSoami to talk at a sikh event or we dont allow them to do Katha at Gurdwara, as they are anti sikh. So why do these people allow this Person that holds Anti sikh views talk at a Sikh Soc Event.

Maybe some one should contact BOSS.