Boycott UCL Seminar Series

Guest SYA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!

Waheguru ji ki fateh!!

I heard this guy Cpt. Sukhdev Singh from Malaysia in Sikh Student Camp ....

He was alright and very positive in everything expect one ...well that time I felt its just me who is feeling uncomfortable with a few of his comments because wen I discussed it with 1 of my mates there, they didn't pay any attention on concerns ...

His views were like that we need a dynamic leader other than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji who can actually lead us to conquer the world or something on the similar lines ...don't remember it exactly though

The person was Ok overall but he was treating sri guru granth sahib ji not that powerful compared to the leader of his imaginations ... thats wot I made out of his that leader bit........

He also sed that he used to admire sant Bhindrawale but we need some kind of leader who can teach the folks not to sacrifice our lives while fighting against enemy but let the enemy die for his land or some thing ..he said dead people never are considered winners grin.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!

Waheguru ji ki fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I agree with Mr Singh and Sher Panjabi's post. We should listen to the presentation before judging. I think the talk is a careers talk anyway, not one on Sikhi - if a Sikh society promotes this, there is nothing wrong with it, as Sikhs need to be in good jobs/professions, so that we can influence the outside world towards Sikhi perspectives/views.

The UCL Sikh Society is very active. Don't have a go at it - its trying to do its best - we are all Bhullan Haar and can make mistakes. The sevadaars in the society are genuine persons who care about Sikhi - let's not jump on the criticism bandwagon.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru

Previous to viewing this message i had only heard about THE HYPOCRITICAL VIEWS OF SIKHS but now i have viewed it first hand. It is amazing how our own people, our own gurusikhs are easy to criticise others instead of lookin in the mirror!!!

WE MUST LOOK AT OURSELVES BEFORE WE CAN JUDGE OTHERS. As Bhagat Kabir ji has stated in one of his saloks, It is easier to get closer to some1else and realise their bad pointS and what they are doing wrong but very hard to realise our own mistakes. This thread is a typical example of this.

I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF THIS EVENT. I urge ALL to attend this non SIKH EVENT AND MAKE THEIR JUDGEMENTS there.

another keypoint that needs to be addressed is the fact THAT SIKHS ON THIS FORUM HAVE DIFFICULTY IN READING ENGLISH!!! PLEASE READ THE FLYER for this event and those with a few braincells left will realise THIS IS NOT A SIKH EVENT, IT IS MERELY A SIKH ORGANISED EVENT. How many of us have attended bhangra gigs organised by sikhs? how many of us attended the imperial chaa and samosa party aka Gol gappa party which was purely bhagra motivated. How many of us have attended gurudwara's where the comitee are full of pakhandi's. Gurudwara comitee have corrupted sikhi more than cpt sukhdev singh ji could do in a lifetime.

An issue was raised with a sikh society running a "non-sikh" event. Well why is it that NO-ONE has spoken up to the Laamingtom gurudwara commitee who seem to have a "community hall" where meat and alchohol are served freely and is based on the Gurudwara premisis (infront of it - in the carpark). Also the granthi there helps organise these events.

I could go on forever regarding maha

paap and beadbi's going on in Gurudwara's and other sikh organised events but that would be defeating the point. Sukhdev singh ji is wanting to do a simple talk ON NON SIKHI issues and about spirituality. Rather than supporting a fellow gursikh we are absing him and going against gurumaharaj's teaching. nO EVIDENCE HAS BEEN PROVIDED FOR ANY STATEMENTS MADE IN THIS FORUM WHICH SUGGEST TO ME THAT THEY ARE CHINESE WHISPERS WITH NO FACTUAL BASE (PHYSICAL PROOF). One person wants to do a talk and we gift him with a thread full of abuse, Gurudwara's accross the world do beadbi on a daily basis and we turn a blind eye - is this what our sikhi has come to.

Gur fateh

Bhul jogh mhaf

Dust of your feet, das of guru maharaj

Sardar

nO EVIDENCE HAS BEEN PROVIDED FOR ANY STATEMENTS MADE IN THIS FORUM WHICH SUGGEST TO ME THAT THEY ARE CHINESE WHISPERS WITH NO FACTUAL BASE (PHYSICAL PROOF).

If you would like proof we suggest you contact Kings College University Sikh Society, there were around 20+ people present last year in 2004 when the views were made public.

Number 2 regarding the Bhangra cha and samosa, if you know of them and you attend them then you are as much in the wrong as the organisers of the so called Sikh Societies! It is as much your duty to raise your voice against things like this happening under the Sikh Society Name.

Sikh Societies Primary Purpose should be to do Gurmat Parchar of Sikhi. Bhangra and Sikhi don’t go together, yes you can say Panjabi culture, but then set up a bhanga society!

We do not have anything against any Sikh Society but we think its time to clean up the act of Sikh Societies especially in LONDON Universities.

What does this say to you about a Sikh Society, if a Muslim or someone did this we would be in uproar, but a Sikh society has it on there web site.

IMG_0856A.jpg

Paaji sorry to burst the bubble

but wot has that photo got to do the topic or with wot u have said???

UPROAR??? grin.gif OVER WOT :wub:

NANAK!!!!! is paaji NANAK SINGH!! The ex-President of SIKH SOC!!!!!

rolleyes.gif give sikh society's some credit!!! I dont think writing your own name on a baloon is a crime or considered Manmat!

Food for thought

What does this say to you about a Sikh Society, if a Muslim or someone did this we would be in uproar, but a Sikh society has it on there web site.

Muhammad Khan = a Muslim name

Nanak Singh = a Sikh Name

Prophet Muhammand (PBUH) = Muslim Prophet's name

GURU NANAK SAHIB JI = Sikh GUru's name

Paaji i think it could be a geniune mistake u made - but please be aware that the The baloon is not violating Sikh Rehat Maryada or showing any disrespect towards Sikhi

Paaji sorry to burst the bubble

but wot has that photo got to do the topic or with wot u have said???

UPROAR??? grin.gif OVER WOT :wub:

NANAK!!!!! is paaji NANAK SINGH!! The ex-President of SIKH SOC!!!!!

rolleyes.gif give sikh society's some credit!!! I dont think writing your own name on a baloon is a crime or considered Manmat!

Food for thought

If his name is Nanak... he should respect it.

From someone who didnt know it was in reference to the Sikh Soc ex-president, i presumed it was something to do with Guru Nanak Dev Jee. Maybe its one of those things where we shouldnt be quick to presume.

Not criticising neone, dont get me wrong. Just stating my own opinion, right or wrong.