Boycott UCL Seminar Series

Guest SYA

nah - to be fair, the organiser i spoke to seems like they trying their best. They have had the event before and havent seemed to have had any negative feedback from it since.

I disagree with Sikh Youth Alerts approach to the situation. Why is it that when i rang the organisers, they knew nothing about the controversy and what you have posted on this forum...? Maybe you should actually try talking to them FIRST before you raise an attack on event.

Im not saying i disagree with what you're saying. U may be right, but i think ure approach to resolving it is wrong.

bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with Sikh Youth Alerts approach to the situation. Why is it that when i rang the organisers, they knew nothing about the controversy and what you have posted on this forum...? Maybe you should actually try talking to them FIRST before you raise an attack on event.

Im not saying i disagree with what you're saying. U may be right, but i think ure approach to resolving it is wrong.

We took this course as we felt it is the best route for taking action. UCL “Sikh Society” does not like co-operating on issues like this. We saw this with the “Nang” issue in 2004.

The organisers of the event are and have been from the start aware of the issue and the event which took place in 2004 at another University Sikh Society where the speaker gave a talk in which he expressed his controversial Anti-Panthic views.

It is time the Sikh youth clean up there act. Sikh Societies need to wake up and the only way of doing this is to take action. The Sikh Youth need to clean up there act!

I ask one question if this “Guest Speaker” had been excommunicated by the Panth would we still be wrong for taking this route?

We call for all Sikh Societies to ban Cpt. Sukhdev Singh from there University Sikh Societies.

:wub: @

wow the narrow mindedness of some ppl.

aman ji i totally agree with what u have said

just a fact that u guys should probably all know...

a prominent boss sevadaar was asked bout the speaker, in addition gave his backing to the talk taking place.

so YES, boss were asked!...

o and i should probably mention that boss sevadaars will be at the seminar.

u mite say that this sevadaar didnt know much about the speaker.. but i verify that this sevadaar was at a talk and at various places distributing cd material of recordings by this speaker.

basically - if u want to find out for yourself turnup and see.

if ur looking down a tunnel ul only see one thing!

noone likes in-fighting and as always this event is open to all! please bring ur "boss" crew with u as well, this is an event 4 all whether ur sikh or a marshan ... u r welcomed with open arms and will be soon off after you have been well fed!"

o and while ur at it check out www.mus1k.com

samples online!!

:TH:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This is not about narrow mindedness. The issue here is that these University Sikh Societies must play a more responsible role when promoting Sikhi. Maybe the reasons for the seminar are honourable and the society think they are doing a panthic sewa, we don't know.

But they must take responsibility and investigate who they are putting forward to talk. Let's face it how did Nidar Singh get his foot in the door, probably like this. We build foundations for people like this by giving them platforms. Whether it's the Uni Sikh Society or Gurdwara Committee, both play a key role in Sikh promotion.

It's a confused Sikh world out there and we just further add to the confusion by inviting people like this to talk.

just a fact that u guys should probably all know...

a prominent boss sevadaar was asked bout the speaker, in addition gave his backing to the talk taking place.

so YES, boss were asked!...

o and i should probably mention that boss sevadaars will be at the seminar.

.:Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh:.

ghost Bhaji/Benji

can you also explain why the event has not been advertised on the BOSS website? grin.gif

Also AmaN Bhaji/Benji it might be a good idea for you to stop advertising this event on your website. :TH:

If any one is going to this talk (if it's not banned) could you please record it for the others?

Ghost not sure who you are mate, not saying i agree or disagree with you... but u remind me of a fool called sodhi. if its you, u best not be at any talks boy and be inviting the 'boss' boys down.

if ur someone else i do apologise for mistaken identity.

guys take it easy on the sikh soc, its easy to book speakers and find out after that they have prev said weird stuff, give them a break. i know at our uni we thought people would be brill, feedback was good, but then during the talk the guy was rubbish, said a lot of funny stuff.

Just the way it works, u live and learn. No need to go kicking them out the panth etc lol from wat i remember UCL guys were on the right side of the fence during the giddar talks, so take it easy yeh.

there not many good speakers out there anyway, perhaps this should give even more encouragement for some of us to learn how to do public speaking. Its always really hard to find someone, so lets make our individal efforts too yeh.

I think most people are generally 'unsure' about this guy. so lets see what happens...