rappin/path

dalj

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU JI KA KHASLA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Daly ji.. dhadi jathe are suppose to be loud.. they're suppose to show the josh...

they have been keeping up the waran (poetry) since the time of guru har gobind ji.. wubb.gif

from my perspective .. they should recieve a lot of respect.. since while they are presenting they put in all the energy they got.. just to show and tell the history of our guru's... ^_^

bhul chuk di khima ji

WAHEGURU JI KA KHASLA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

exactly rite..

When i was small.. i used to think of daddhey jatha as very old stuff.. u know like.. umm outdated and stuff.. cauz i didn't know about em until my parents told me and gave good info about em... simran sis said it rite.. they are supposed to be loud to bring Josh.. Just like the leader in braveheart.. Mel was all loud too.. why? To bring josh in his own ppls.. so daddey jatha are like that.. wubb.gif

Now whenever i see daddey jatheey.. I love to sit and listen to em.. Specially nabayee valiya bibian hehe..

Whaeguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Whaeguru Ji Ki Fateh

First let us clarify that rap is a style of music that is sung in a rythmitic beat with rhyming words inserted in every line. If you wish to make a rap song you will also have to include a fast paced beat. Will anyone here really wish to hear bani being recited among house, trance, or hip-hop beats? However when one does recite bani such as Jaap Sahib it naturally has a flowing tone to it, a tone many westerners would consider "rapping". However now someone wishes to "rap" out bani so more people will listen to it. But doesnt that tend to put bani at a level of other forms of music? The youth could play the bani loudly and soon just play it solely for the beats and rythm rather that the meaning of bani. If someone has enough sharda for Gurbani they will listen to it being recited regardless of the way it sounds.

GurFateh

Khalistan Zindabad

Guest balwinderkaur

daly jee, if you dont understand what dhaadhee jathas are saying, then i suggest you try to improve on your punjabi vocabulary and general knowledge of history tongue.gif ...cuz dhadhee's basically explain sikh history in kavitaa form. :D Believe you me, it does help...i never liked dhadhee jathas in the past cuz i thought they were just a bunch of noisemakers screaming away, but eversince i understood the history behind what they say and the way they put forth whatever their trying to say, i think they are kewl :D They really bring on alot of "josh" in a sangat.

daly jee, if you dont understand what dhaadhee jathas are saying, then i suggest you try to improve on your punjabi vocabulary and general knowledge of history tongue.gif ...cuz dhadhee's basically explain sikh history in kavitaa form. :D Believe you me, it does help...i never liked dhadhee jathas in the past cuz i thought they were just a bunch of noisemakers screaming away, but eversince i understood the history behind what they say and the way they put forth whatever their trying to say, i think they are kewl :D They really bring on alot of "josh" in a sangat.

yea "josh" that's a good word to describe them wubb.gif

yea but real rappin can b done without da B Lines. it can even b in english, but i fink it will open path up 2 alot of ppl.

its lik sayin if u was a white person n some1 told u abot sikhi r u more likely 2 tak more of an interest if path was da way it is now (nothin wrong with it dnt get me wrong) or if it was in english.

ino in way its bad coz its lik changin 2 b more appealin, but in ma local area i c sikhi disappearin. most of my sikh m8s dnt even no wat sikhi is, n cnt undastand punjabi. n alot of sikh girl r converting into otha religions (muslims).

mayb at times change lik this is good.

GUrbani in rap or Gurbani in traditional style started by guru Nanak Dev jee..? Which should be followed?.. and i think you all know the answer :D

Well i have nothing against to any style (though i sooo don't like rap songs but that's personal view point).. Anyway.. as long as the gurbani is recited in a respectful way.. Like no bandanas, caps, no heavy jewelry, no shoes etc... then i guess it is okay..

But I think there is rehat saying that kirtan/gurbani should be recited in special ways.. so that could be a lil problem.. and Remember how we don't like when some raagis do kirtan in hindi movies tune.. So i guess this applies same to the rap style ryhme.. rite? But doing gurbani/kirtan/path in a rap style once in a while (like not a daily habit) then i guess it's okay...

Here's pix of singhs/kaur doing rap poem about sikhi (?) http://westcoast.waheguroo.com/images/chardikalaa3.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

hmmm

i like rap...unfortunatly i like M&M(EMINENM guy..dang i dont evebn knwo how to spell his name...BUT I DO LIKE HIM k!) lol

rab abd gurbani don't mix for me :D

i heard the anadsahib done in rab...there is no rus.

it sounds sooo odd and out of contezt...a bit rude as well!

its funny...lol

instead of concentrationg on banni...i was seen the actionz of who was rabin...lol

like alll moving, ACTING out while rappin??(my imagination..made me unconferable listenin to gurbani this way)

i dont think one can concentrate much if we rap gurbani

wha u think Daly?

welll instead of sitting and meditatin on shabd, i be jummpin on da floor like mad if i heard gurbani in rap!(rap mucis makes u move man...one can;t sit still...lolzz or am i the only ABNORMAL person here:( :D ) LOL

bhul chuk muaff karni

and yea man i love dhahee jathaaz...love um from the childhood! now i jus dont know where to buy the cdz from!

yea vikcy bai ji>> OFCOURSE U GONA LIKE NAHBEY WALIYAA BIBIYA..CUZ I LIKE THEM(ju copy cat as well, be a lion now at least..lolz jk)

much piyyar

waheguru ang sang

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fatehhh jioo!!!