Few Personal Things To Share With Sangat

S1ngh

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two forums? We have wayyyyyy more than two forums. There's tapoban, akj, sikhawareness, sikhnet, and tons of egroups. We're already divided. Honestly, forums won't matter for unity, but what will, is going to be the unity that we hold outside of these forums. You want to start unity? start uniting as sikh youth at your local gurdwara. Give yourselves voices. These forums are rarely about the whole, and more about the individual. Think about it, most threads that go on are in praise of a certain action by an individual, or an alert to the attrocities of an evil person. You want to show unity? Stop being picky over forums. Just because it's split, that doesn't mean that this is the end of inter-youth unity. We aren't restricted to talking to only people on this board. We can talk to anyone we want to. I think most of this anger stems from the fact that most people don't wanna move between one forum and another. We're so lazy that typing is too much of an exercise for us. rolleyes.gif

And who said I'd be the one to decimate you gurukasikh? rolleyes.gif

Vicky

you're a good friend of mine since i joined sikhsangat forum, and u know this forum has made huge difference for me....

i dunno if sikhsangat and w!n splitting like this is a good thing or bad thing for the long run....

and you're not asking us to choose between the 2....

however thats whats gonna happen with some ppl no.gif

ppl are gonna choose which forum they wanna stick with more.........some like me will stick to both.....

i never visited 2 forums before cuz sikhsangat was my main place to be....now its all different :umm:

but if u think this is your best choice and this is how u want it to be...then thats cool, we'll learn to live with it.

BUT i would love to see ya'll get back together again and be united in 1 forum like it used to be. :cool:

Why don't both sides start an open discussion so people can read it. then sangat can decide who was at fault. most of you guys don't know the real reasons. if admins write the truth then it will be like pointing at their faults for the last two years. now, what would that do? would it solve anything? some of the people acted like sikhsangat was their personal property and biasing and jatha bashing brought down the quality. no one should take sides here. go to both forums and write posts if you want. I know vicky singh and I can say this for sure that there is no compitition from this side. I hope it is the same from the other. keep up the quality of the forum and stop making posts on this matter. it has happened and I don't see any possibility of SS going back. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, all the local youth at our Gurdwara are united, which is why we are building a £6 million sikh school in slough.

The point is when the youth are united we can achieve great things. When divided too many lose energy arguing who is best because of their egos. New youth never get to see others views, which they may not agree, and stay closed in their perceptions. This affects their development as Gursikhs, because all Gursikhs should be open minded.

This is far more than just typing from one to another. AKJ.org was apparently a very good messageboard. I never saw it back then. But then it split and there was tapoban. There already is sikh awareness, gursikhijeevan, sikhnet and all the egroups. Have all the divisions improved things. definately not.

I will go further. In the 10 years since I have kept my kesh. I have witnessed the sangat spliting many times, akj vs panchain, Boss vs SACA, Taksal vs taksal, and many others. All of them at the time said they would become stronger and purer because the weak sikhs (i.e unpure) have left. This has never happened. It has always got worse.

This is because who are the weak, unpure, misguided ones, but me. "Hum Nahin Changai, Burai nahin Koe". Everyone one has a special gift, and each one these gifts shared brings a better future. No split has ever succeeeded.

Any cloth can be easily ripped it takes little effort. But that cloth can be sewn back together again. But to do this it takes alot of effort. The question is do all of you have the humilty and pyaar really for the sadh sangt who come these forums to do this.

waheguru ji kehalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh