Womens Seminar Next Week!

lost_soul

Sikh%20women%20event.JPG

Sat Sri Akaal Ji

“Of woman are we born, of woman conceived,

To woman engaged, to woman married.

Woman we befriend, by woman do civilizations continue.

When a woman dies, a woman is sought for.

It is through woman that order is maintained.

Then why call her inferior from whom

all great ones are born?

Woman is born of woman;

None is born but of woman.”

First Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Warwick University will be the venue for a truly unique event. A seminar providing rare and largely ignored material will be an event you will surely not want to miss. The subject; Sanatan Sikh Women (illustration of women in pre-twentieth century north India).

We hope to illustrate a world that once existed exhibiting images and texts that are not be missed. Using a large array of resources, we hope to highlight the great female musicians, religious leaders, organizers and warriors.

This along with many other historical findings will be presented and will provide a fresh outlook on forgotten eminence of Sikh women, which has been transformed for over a century.

The event is FREE of charge and we hope to see you there on Thursday 17th February, Ramphal Lecture theatre, Warwick University in Coventry.

For any further information please contact Gurpreet Singh 07966 665652, Amardeep Singh 07950 323785 or e-mail sanatansikhs@yahoo.com.

I have also attached a flyer.

Thank you.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definetly a lost soul for promoting giddar's events my friend!

Will the lecture also include how many may/ in fact are encouraged to remove facial hair as it brings out their beauty? Wear ornaments to appear attractive to their men, not to mention the whole kirpan amrit thing again, etc etc?

Am i right in assuming that its our own friendly giddar doing the talk? Good to see that his endless drivvle is extending into women too, i wonder if he'll be handing out waxing creams and gels and tweezers as part of the handout packs!!

well depends, based on various conversations with different people, she could be either a sikh woman, or a sikh woman dressed as a man pretending to be a man and hence is to be treated as a man, i think this meant that if she was wearing a dastaar (which men are suppossed to wear) and carrying weapons then she can be killed like any other man on the battlefield.

Another angle i remeber something about was that 'women' as above were actually 'third gender' i.e. ones that didnt fit into either male/female categories.

well these were views as expressed by certain people in the past, they probably chnaged them now as these people do with most of their other views.

one particular example being that for a number of years an individual calimed that he was even in India during 1984 and that he never saw or had anything to do with the sikh milita or the delhi massacres. and yet years later when suddenly a lot of youth care passionately for the victims of delhi and police oppression, this individual claims TO HAVE BEEN there in delhi and in fact beat up 25 + foes single handedly. very very very strange indeed given that the same person claimed that he only started learning his 'art' in 1984, one must wonder how good a person can get that he can beat 25 people on his own within a few weeks/months of training? esp since many of the students of this individual now, despite having studied for years would have to admit that they might struggle with 5 let alone a whole mob!

anyway admin, choose wether or not you want talks by gaddar and his chums advertised on ur web, your choice.

Definetly a lost soul for promoting giddar's events my friend!

Will the lecture also include how many may/ in fact are encouraged to remove facial hair as it brings out their beauty? Wear ornaments to appear attractive to their men, not to mention the whole kirpan amrit thing again, etc etc?

Am i right in assuming that its our own friendly giddar doing the talk? Good to see that his endless drivvle is extending into women too, i wonder if he'll be handing out waxing creams and gels and tweezers as part of the handout packs!!

85379[/snapback]

giddar!!

LOL.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

i think the picture shown on the poster is not a good picture to depict sikh women.

End of day I don't deny that there were some Sikh men or a number of Sikh women who (didn't follow Sikh Rehat) and pierced their ears and noses and looked like Hindu princesses.

However even today we have "Sikh" girls who cut their hair, dye their hair, pierce their nose, and waheguroo!!!! nowadays some galz pierce their lips and eyebrows etc.

Would put a picture of a gal like that on a poster saying "sikh women"??

Some "SikH" men cut their hair and shave their beards - we can't deny the fact. However just because they existed - wot point are trying to prove if i make a poster using a picture of a mona and do a whole lecture trying to prove that Sikh men and women cut their hair, pierce their noses, and god knows wot else.

food for thought!

Perhaps we should focus more on Sikhs who followed and practiced Sikhi rather than doing lectures or making posters focused on people who called or affliated themselves to Sikhi but didn't fully keep Rehat and live the path of Guru Sahib - yet label the event as "sIKH"