Womens Seminar Next Week!

lost_soul

giggar .... well okay then ..........

Anyway back to the point, I hope that thursdays event will be of use to alll of you who have a strong interest in this topic.

I can only ask you to be as impartial as possible and analyse the content of the seminar, rather than the exterior aspects such as the speaker etc.

Also as a preview to the talk, tune into to BBC asian network 11am tuesday.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raja ranjit singhs wife is the first 'sikh woman' ive ever seen with that type of attire and dress

its interesting because each and every daughter of Guru Gobind Singh ji is a Queen, but none of the real singhneea i know would dress that way. Maybe your poster should have been representitive of real Kaurs...

...and maybe conferences about sikh women should be led by sikh women.

i appreciate the comments of sher panjabi, ak 47, etc. the singhs who stick up for and attempt to understand the struggles of their mothers sisters & daughters are truly praiseworthy i m h o .

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

its interesting because each and every daughter of Guru Gobind Singh ji is a Queen, but none of the real singhneea i know would dress that way. Maybe your poster should have been representitive of real Kaurs...

85420[/snapback]

Well it will be interesting to see how 'i know would dress' compares with the resourced evidence that will be supplied on thursday night.

p.s. Real 'Kaurs', are you reffering to the rajput one ???

yeh were only going to find out who the marevellous speaker is when he appears with a flash of lightning from the heavens with flowers being thrown before the mighty warrior princess opps prince and of course carried in a chariot led by goats!!

sorry bad sense of humour!

yup resourced evidence will naturally say that girls all of should according to that said evidence be wearing balian and kanteh and other jewellery, remove body hair from all places i believe (or is it like how the men are only meant to keep their head and beards hair intact and can cut the rest i guess guys can get their legs waxed as well then yes?) anyway sorry girls yes, you have to be beautiful for us men, be feminine wear such clothes that promote that feminisin since people dnt really wear those particular type of clothing i guess tyhe modern equivalent should do, not being an expert on womens clothing, i'll leave the ladies to decide what that may be!

I wonder if the people promoting this will encourage their mothers/sisters/daughters to dress and behave in the way as promoted by that particular image in the poster and by those views to be expressed at the drivvle ... sorry talk? thats an honest question? I know that many of our family memeber are not 'into sikhi' and im not judging them for it, but with guru's kirpa one would hope that we are giving them snipets of info on sikhi even if its just by them observing a sikhs rehni beni or rehat.

but will/do people of the 'snatan mindset' actually encourage or even hope or whatever word you wish to use that their family friends etc would do the above or all the rest that the mighty warrior princess with her historical references preaches?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

why don't these fans of niddar think for themselves?? all they do is take his twisted views as gospel. would Mata Sahib Kaur or any off the singhina dress up like that??? i guess they will say yes because the women off that time dressed like that, yea well Sikh women are not the normal they follow a rehit that Guru ji bless them with.

i think they should have put all off raja ranjits singhs wife’s (i think it is either 15 or 26) on the poster each one would be totally different, just because they are either born as sikhs or married to them doesn’t mean they ARE sikhs??? guess we will have that women narinder from Big Bro as a role model for the uk nihangs in a 100 years time lol guess the resource will be the sun newspaper lol

I did found it strange when i look at the pix but then i thought maybe it's some lecture by "Warrior Saint" authors who do lectures related to period of Raja Ranjit singh's empire etc..

I don't think the sikh wife of Raja Ranjit Singh was Mehtab kaur.. It was mahrani Jindaan kaur who was deeply religious lady but yeh there were some things which she has to do because of her royal status etc.. but she was religous lady who went into shock and cried over and over once she found that her son "Dalip Singh" got hair cut by England empire. She lost her eye vision after seeing sikh kingdom fall down and sikhs killing sikhs all because of backstabber dogray of kashmir.. Anyway going back to topic.. i think nobody can cover the lecture material of this topic because we don't have enough resources or enough research on Sikhs Kaurs of past few decades, let alone the Sanatan period... It's good step not that im discouraging it but needs to know where and how did they do the research and what are their sources and how did they get fund to do the research. Believe me knowing where they are getting funds etc is important in our community specially after 1980's :umm:

lol someone just told me that the organisers or their mates are saying that 15 uni's are 'backing' (whatever that is meant to mean) the barking but they do not want to release their names!! lol

Lol sorry but i think that its hillarious that these so called uni sikh socs are 'supporting' something but afraid to openly admit to it!!

lol does that not mean that they are afraid or even embarassed of what they are doing?

If 15 unis are backing it, lets have their names let's see who they are?

anyway whats this 'backing' business about? lol is this some sort of playground fight, where we have to get our 'back up' lol awwwww poor giddar needs his uni spoons to 'back him up'!!

shame they wont even admit to who they are! in fact how can a sikh soc as an offical sikh soc support an event but not lets its students or members know whats going on? Surely that going against the principles of doing seva for sikhi and the students? if i as an individual (imagine me as a person running a sikh soc or helping one) support chislington united football club and believe that they learned football of the great pele' who was taught from an angel of god, would that also mean that my sikh soc supported/backed chislington united football club? lol

also nice to see that the lecture is open to everyone ..... as oppossed to what.... are most talks closed to certain peoples?? lol