Ur Views

Guest Sony

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, when this thread was started, we asked that no personal attacks be made on anybody or any group. the reason for this topic was because some people are confused as to what they believe in, while some of us are not sure why others believe in certain things. this was supposed to be a way for us to learn why others believe in certain rules. everyone has made some strong points.

no one was here to change any body or what they believe. it was a spot to put your opinions and to state why.

thanks to all those that provided thier opinions. its good to be well diversified in what you know.

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

Hi! My name is Pheena and I am a Mona.  i have a question.  I'm just learning Tabla, is it ok for me to play Tabla while someone (amritdhari) does kirtan?

86627[/snapback]

If you want to go ahead, but it isn't adviasable at gurdwara. Unless you're keshdhari, you're going to be giving an idea to all those little kids that wanna be just like you.

So the kids 'might' become monas just because they see me playing Tabla. That is assuming that they get no other influence from others regarding Sikhi except me in their life.

Plus we don't have one kesadhari sikh except the head guy in our Gurudwara, most are Sindhis and few Sahijdhari Sikhs. Should we perform kirtan or no?

Guest Akaal108

I love when pheena beat katarpanthis with his logic..vah ji vah LOL.gif

It's been known fact that muslims/hindus and sehajdhari sikhs did kirtan in Siri Har Mandir Sahib (Golden Temple).