Pub, Club, Bar N Parchaar

Nama Singh

vjkk vjkf

im not too sure, but i heard a sakhi where Guru Nanak Devi Ji went to a place where ppl would drink and asked wat they were drinking. One of them replied that its nasha. Guruji asked how long it lasts and they replied 'about 2 hours'. Guru ji then said that the nasha he gets lasts 24/7.

Forgive me as im hopeless at telling sakhis and i dont event know the names in them. Point is that if ur going to teach/spread the word about sikhi, then you will have to go the place where these ppl hang out and get them out if there. otherwise it becomes a hiding place for ppl who drink away from sangat who are trying to do parchar.

But then again u have to be careful nama that u dont go there handing leaflets, and the next second ur knocking back pints with the leaflets in ur hand! LOL.gif jk :umm:

It can look bad if amritdharis (with sri sahibs showing) are seen hanging around pubs, clubs etc. (dont mean to stereotype in any way)

bhul chuk maf if ive offened anyone (as im sure i prob have, but im not concerned about nama singh :cool: jk)

vaheguru .. :@

Guest Akaal108

I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

parchar is must ..we live in kalyug PERIOD.

If one argues that kalyug only exists in pub, club, bars so not good idea to parchar then they are sadly mistaken...kalyug exist wherever there is no upma or vichar on Vahiguroo.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa Waheguroo ji ki fateh!

I remember an incident ....i was gettin into sikhi and i had decided to keep my kesh etc...and there was this reggae concert that i really wanted to go too..all my friends were going...and although the lyrics weren't bad ..but rastas smoke weed right...so the enviroment was messed....i came homee and i felt really bad...anyways i was wonderin if its wrong and i was asking guruji in my mind whether it was right or wrong and i was just browsin the net afterwards and i came accross a story from naamnet...i will try to find it...but it had to do with us been given this roop by guruji..we shouldn't be found in places which would bring shame to 'the khalsa roop'...but then again if this is for prachaar...wouldn't it be better to do it outside of these places...like right outside...i dunno..this is just my view....

would the government educate the general public by sending govt. official to pubs?

would schools create awareness on a certain issue by having a fieldtrip to a night club?

would a Guru Ka Sikh go to club or pub to do guru ka parchaar?

Likley answer is "no"

Why?

1/ The environment is such that it is difficult to talk forget educate or discuss something.

2/ People are intoxicated and therefore they are not 100% there to take in the message

If someone made video footage of you and you go to the club or pub. And the Panj Pyaare, and Guru Roop Saadh Sangat are shown the video. Or Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj is shown where or what you are up to - then WOULD YOU FEEL SHAME?

If you would feel even a slightest bit of shame - then that indicates that perhaps you shouldn't be there. However if you truly believed that you would feel totally comfortable and no shame at all in your act and why you were at a certain place then fair enough.

We had this talk in Leicester a few months back when some Singh's did exactly that..

It became a mission to go into these places to try and 'knock some sense' into Singh's and Singnia who felt it was okae to enter these places...

What one must remember is, that you are taking Guru Ji's roop into these places, albeit for parchaar... is that right?

Others are doing it yes, but wouldn't it be better to talk with them outside of these places? - The mind is a beast to fight with at the best of times, would this be a better environment to start fighting with it?

Also, when discussing this with the sangat here, we were referring to the Kara - Giyani Sant Singh Maskeen advised us in Katha, that when we wear our kara, we're tying ourselves to our Guru - we're holding Guru Gobind Singh Ji's hand - so, if we think of ourselves holding Guru Ji's hand every day - would we take them into these places?

Would we surround ourselves with the very intoxicant's they forbid us to go near?

Also - Neela turned away from a tobacco field - so if Guru Ji's HORSE didn't surround himself with these things, should Guru Ji's children do so?

I was speaking with a wonderful Gursikh once, over the phone in my lunch break - when he heard a colleague ask me if I was okae with his "lighting up" I said it was fine, and the Gursikh questioned me, "Penji did you do your nitnem, and are you wearing your kara" I told him yes, and he continued with "So, when doing your Nitnem, your Jap Ji Sahib in particular, you hold Guru Ji's hand, and with your Kara, you tie yourself to them - they're right next to you, but still it's okae for your friend to light up - you might not mind breathing in the smoke of these intoxicants - but what about the Guru you're tied to?" - made me think....

My personal view, derived from the above is that it wouldn't be right.

Sorry for my ramblings.

Forgive me for my mistakes.

People that goto clubs/pubs aren't retarded you know. grin.gif They know if a gursikh singh/singhni goto a pub/club they're not there to drink, etc. but show others about their religion, and they are more likely to pick a fight with you or tell you to buzz off rather than grab a beer, and listen to what you gotta say. :e: