sarbloh bibek

Gabroo khalistan dah.. see this is where people dont understand. If you read the above article i posted you will see that technically its not langar, so refusing it is not bad. If they made langar with rehat as it is meant to and was accepted by guru sahib then sarbloh bibekis would never refuse langar (true langar) as its not right to refuse langar.

BUT if langar is not made with proper rehat, why would guru sahib accept it if its clear how langar is to be made? thats like saying, "hey guru sahib we got together, made this stuff, we didnt listen to a word u said, nor do we care, but u know can u bless this anyway?"

running a kirpan through something doesnt make it langar, i could take a slab of meat and do bhog on it, does that make it langar?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

vwihgurUjIkw^wlswvwihgurUjIkI&qh]

Guru Ke Piyare,

I have been reading this post and just want to make one thing clear, that you can become pooran without sarbloh bibek. For example, Bhai Sahib Rama Singh did alot of naam abiyaas and wasn't a sarbloh bibeki. Don't get me wrong he still kept bibek, but you don't need to become a sarblohi for your jeevan to be pooran and have muktee.

Even I am thinking of keeping sarbloh bibek, because of the health benefits and I personally experienced it make you jaap more naam, which is excellent and so have other sikhs experienced it. Doesn't mean I someone great. I think that sarbloh bibek should be kept personal. The reason is when you do kept it you tend to become hankaree that you are keeping this rehat.

Even if you don't keep sarbloh bibek it perfectly fine. The only think is that keep a bibek budhi, that you don't eat from a person that is not sincere hearted person or don't jaap naam. If some one want to make something for you out of love then you should take because breaking someones heart is a great a sin! So I agree that people who make that langar should jaap naam or read some bani in their mind. As long as they are praising Akal purakh and not about their lives.

To end with is that, to live on an Atamak level is probally the hardiest way to live and the best! If I by mistake have upset someone I'm very sorry.

vwihgurUjIkw^wlswvwihgurUjIkI&qh]

not to sound offensive, but to me sarablohi bibek totally defeats the principle of guru ka langar..... it kinda aangers me when at AKJ Raensabhayees, there's a whole seperate langar hall for them, and a whole seperate one for the rest of us

woah realy, i never knew?

someone should do parachar aginst this, maybe at the rainsbhaies?

k, i have a questin for the bibeks out there (not tha ti have a prob with u at all)

when u goto a gurdwara sahib do u eat langaar?

its usually made by non-amritdharis and amritdharis

but my stance is that w/ out amrit ur not a sikh.

but what gives us the right to judge that non amrit-dhari is not sikh?

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

sloku m 1]

jy sUqk mMn leIey (Bwv, jy mMn leIey ik sUqk dw Brm r`Kxw cwhIdw hY, qW ieh BI cyqw r`Ko ik ies qrHW) sUqk sB QweIN huMdw hY; gohy qy lkVI dy AMdr BI kIVy hMudy hn (Bwv, jMmdy rihMdy hn); AMn dy ijqny BI dwxy hn, iehnW ivcoN koeI dwxw BI jIv qoN ibnw nhIN hY [ pwxI Awp BI jIv hY, ikauNik ies nwl hryk jIv hrw (Bwv, ijMd vwlw) huMdw hY [ sUqk ikvyN r`iKAw jw skdw hY? (Bwv, sUqk dw Brm pUry qOr qy mMnxw bVw hI kTn hY, ikauNik ies qrHW qW hr vyly hI) rsoeI ivc sUqk ipAw rihMdw hY [ hy nwnk! ies qrHW (Bwv, BrmW ivc ipAW) sUqk (mn qoN) nhIN auqrdw, ies (pRBU dw) igAwn hI Do ky lwh skdw hY [1[ mn dw sUqk loB hY (Bwv, ijnHW mnu`KW dy mn loB rUpI sUqk cMbiVAw hY); jIB dw sUqk JUT bolxw hY, (Bwv, ijnHW mnu`KW dI jIB JUT-rUp sUqk hY); (ijnHW mnu`K dIAW) A`KW prwieAw Dn Aqy prweIAW iesqrIAW dw rUp q`kx dw sUqk (cMbiVAw hoieAw hY); (ijnHW mnu`KW dy) kMn ivc BI sUqk hY ik kMn nwl byi&kr ho ky cuZlI suxdy hn; hy nwnk! (ieho ijhy) mnu`K (vyKx BwvyN) hMsW vrgy (sohxy) hox (qW BI auh) b`Dy hoey nrk ivc jWdy hn [2[ sUqk inrw Brm hI hY, ieh (sUqk-rUp Brm) mwieAw ivc PisAW (mnu`K ) Aw l`gdw hY [ (au\ qW) jIvW dw jMmxw mrnw pRBU dw hukm hY, pRBU dI rzw ivc hI jIv jMmdw qy mrdw hY [ (pdwrQW dw) Kwxw pIxw BI piv`qr hY (Bwv, mwVw nhIN, ikauNik) pRBU ny Awp iek`Tw kr ky irzk jIvW id`qw hY [ hy nwnk! ijnHW gurmuKW ny ieh g`l smJ leI hY, auhnW sUqk nhIN l`gdw [3[ siqgurU dy gux gwauxy cwhIdy hn qy AwKxw cwhIdw hY ik gurU bhuq v`fw hY, ikauNik gurU ivc v`fy gux hn [ ijnHW mnu`KW pRBU-pqI ny (gurU nwl) imlwieAw hY, auhnW auh gux A`KIN id`sdy hn, Aqy jy pRBU Bwvy qW auhnW dy mn ivc BI gux v`s pYNdy hn [ pRBU Awpxy hukm Anuswr auhnW mnu`KW dy m`Qy qy h`Q r`K ky auhnW dy mn ivcoN buirAweIAW mwr ky k`F dyNdw hY [ jy pqI-pRBU prsMn ho pey, qW mwno, swry pdwrQ iml pYNdy hn [18[

English Translation :

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL:

If one accepts the concept of impurity, then there is impurity everywhere. In cow-dung and wood there are worms. As many as are the grains of corn, none is without life. First, there is life in the water, by which everything else is made green. How can it be protected from impurity? It touches our own kitchen. O Nanak, impurity cannot be removed in this way; it is washed away only by spiritual wisdom. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: The impurity of the mind is greed, and the impurity of the tongue is falsehood. The impurity of the eyes is to gaze upon the beauty of another man s wife, and his wealth. The impurity of the ears is to listen to the slander of others. O Nanak, the mortal s soul goes, bound and gagged to the city of Death. || 2 || FIRST MEHL: All impurity comes from doubt and attachment to duality. Birth and death are subject to the Command of the Lord s Will; through His Will we come and go. Eating and drinking are pure, since the Lord gives nourishment to all. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs, who understand the Lord, are not stained by impurity. || 3 || PAUREE: Praise the Great True Guru; within Him is the greatest greatness. When the Lord causes us to meet the Guru, then we come to see them. When it pleases Him, they come to dwell in our minds. By His Command, when He places His hand on our foreheads, wickedness departs from within. When the Lord is thoroughly pleased, the nine treasures are obtained. || 18 ||

Thursday, 18th Vaisaakh (Samvat 540 Nanakshahi) -- Thursday, 18th Vaisaakh (Samvat 540 Nanakshahi) (Page : 472)

• 2 weeks later...
If without amrit, one is not a sikh, then what is the guarantee that with amrit one is a sikh?

There are a lot of amritdhari's that cannot be classified as Sikhs, me being one of them.

well i think anyone can be a sikh/follower/murid/chella/disciple of Guru Ji, its not our right toi judge if someone is or not, since everyone follows Gurus personally, and not by being labelled Sikh.

• 4 months later...

ive noticed on this forum as soon as the question of the authenticity of taksaaali maryada or infact any question of taksaal comes up, everyone just starts trying to hype of the jatha. i dont get it? i mean i am SURE that guru sahib did not give taksaal a different maryaada then the rest of the panth, and i for sure dont belive that the maryada hasnt changed..im not saying i like a certain jatha over another one, and i think that there have been GREAT mahapurkhs from taksaal but people take it easy over your jathe mann, no need to get defensive...And about sarbloh bebek...its for discipline thats it..if you ask me its impractical and iv seen many MANY peoples hearts break because people have refused to eat from them just because they arent bebeki or sarbloh bebeki or amrithdari. I mean if you want to be a TRUE bebeki then you wont eat from ANYONE unless you dont know there jeevani, right? i mean whats the point of eating from a amritdhari thats mind isnt pure and hasnt made your food out of love? Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh Ji was Bebeki, Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji isnt, both AMAZING gursikhs...I dont think it matters, its for your self discipline.

Bhull Chuk Maaf