Should They Be Respected?

hardykaur

It doesn't seem nice discussing this but it's something which i have been questioning for months. no.gif

Are giannis and patties all they make out to be?

I always had alot of respect for them. They are there to help us through to the path of god. A guide as some would say.

A couple of months ago i was at the bus stop. An old man wearing a turban was sitting there. It was a very cold morning as it was snowing.

He kept lookin at me an me well i was more worried about when me bus was going to come. He had the ajit newspaper in his lap but i took no notice of him.

I looked over to see if the bus was coming an there i saw "IT".

He had his thing in his hand. He knew i had seen it but he did nothing to cover it up. I was disgusted. An old sikh man was doing this infront of me. I must have been the same age of his grandaughter if he had one.

What made it even worse was that when the bus did finally come he didn't even get on it. He got up an walked away.

You might be thinking what has this got to do with giannis an patties.

A few weeks later i was on a bus an i saw him get on. I could see he recognised me cus he did not seem comfortable sitting not that far from me. He was dressed in traditional white. Like a patti or gianni.

I was on me wayto the gurdwara an what shocked me was that he was at the exact same gurdwara reading the guru granth sahib ji.

I no this may not go for all giannis an patties as most are as respectable as they look and do respect sikhi an girls as their daughters, but that incident did make me question.

Can anyone help? no.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

penji I've bin on the same boat. But thing was I didnt want to ask n e 1 be4 they take the rong idea. I need some advice too there's this Gyani @ the local Gurdwara I go to and he's quite young bout 26/28 and the way he looks isnt right at the Bibiya.

One day I went to the Gurdwara as i normally do be4 going to uni and there wasnt much sangat in the Gurdwara. I was waiting for my friend and he was properly staring at every step I took. I kind of did get scared, and that was the first time ever I was at Guru Ghar and I felt uncomfortable because of this gyani. So I thought I'd go outside and wait for my friend, she usualy picks me up. When I went out he followed me straight out and he pinched me really hard "behind" and then smiled. I was actualy in tears. I was realy embarased by it wasnt he? I cant even tell any one. If I had told my parents they probably have thought all sorts. And then on sundays you go to the Gurdwara he acts realy innocent because every Sunday I see him doing Kirtan. I dont know what to do. I realy cant tell any one,they probably think I'm making it up. It's really embarasing.

And I'm not the only girl he has done this to, I know of another aswel. But we cant say anything. We dont know how to.

That really did shock me, do these types of gyanis have any respect? Should they realy be at Guru Ghar while doing all this?

kill em........like singh shiromani paji sed...execute em. Shameful bast**ds. I wont even call them singhs. If they put on acts @ the Gurdwara by covering up doing Kirtan and Paaht, dont forget Guru Ji knows the truth and they will have to face punishment one day or another.

i say being a Amritdhari Singh, i request in the Sri Sadh Sangat Sahib Ji's feet, that we drag these individuals out of Gurdwara which they belong to on a sunday and GET EVERY PERSON IN GURU JI'S SADH SANGAT TO HIT THEM 5 TIMES AT LEAST EACH with a JUTHI!!! THEN BEAT THE SON OF A B***HS UP GOOD AND GIVE THEIR PHOTO ON EVERY PUNJABI PAPER AND IN EVERY GURDWARA AND ON THE NET!!

and totally BAN THE PERSON FROM EVERY GURDWARA!

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Feel sorry for you penji!!

but penji..get a singh a freind or somebody and the girls who this gyanni has done this to ..go down and talk to him! confront him!... and say are we not all brothers and sisters? if he does not listen! say that you will tel the commite of the gurdwara

as we want gursikhsin gurdwaras! u may be shy... but dnt be penji! STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS!

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Gurfateh

I agree with Gurujis student

Penjis, Please give us the location of the gurdwaras these scumbag gyani imposters Go to. allso try to get names, and post them inorder to warn all others.

They take up the image of the khalsa (the pure), but are the exact oposit, they dishonour our sisters which makes my blood boil with anger.

We must Remove these evil imposters, before they upset any more of our sisters, which may drive them away from sikhi.

So this problem is very very serious, it must be dealt with.

Waheguro

I understand what you all saying but being a girl this kind of thing is not easy.

If i wanted to i could have told my family but the shame. Ok i never asked for it but ppl would not think that.

I am sure i am not the only one who may have experienced this.

no.gif