Should They Be Respected?

hardykaur

hardykaur penji is right. If my family/friends find out they probably put me in the wrong and say I must have done something. They wont believe me. They usualy go Gurdwara on Sundays and see this Gyani all respectable. Thats why I backed out on telling anyone about this. I couldnt n i still cant.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i could tell was that he was old an not from the Uk.

Nothing else.

He was in usual clothes an i was in shock an thought he is a sick sikh man. I never knew they existed but when i saw him after in his clothes an then at the gurdwara it made me feel worse.

Yeh same happeend 2 my mate! He kept eyeing her n sit realll close 2 her when she did kirtan n HE played tabla!!! n she never tld me until it was over n made me promise not 2 touch him im lyk WAT?! u let him get away wid it?! then she was his "mate" for a while but he started calling her talking abt sex and dat. so she just never ansad her calls n this upset the giani. funnily enuf he stopped aftawards n ended it all. i STILL think she shoulda tld the committee! ARGH!

Waheguru give them at least TINY bit of sense :) :doh:

111997[/snapback]

I wouldnt ever make someone like that my mate. Let alone mates I wouldnt ever face or talk to someone like that. Even today every young Gyani I c i dnt respect that easily.

All i could tell was that he was old an not from the Uk.

Nothing else.

He was in usual clothes an i was in shock an thought he is a sick sikh man. I never knew they existed but when i saw him after in his clothes an then at the gurdwara it made me feel worse.

112140[/snapback]

I understand penji. I actualy thort every single Gyani is respectable and knows how to respect others. They preach to Sangat to bring them closer to Sikhi. After these incidents I've started to have second thoughts. I use 2 realy respect older and younger Gyani's. Now I have no chance of respecting them that easily.

Especialy an older Gyani? I cnt belive an older Gyani has the nervs 2 do so?

Gyani?

Penji after what happened i was more weiry of every old sikh man. Even those close to me. It sounds wrong but that is the effect it had on me. no.gif

More so i htink if the old are like this what are the young like. If i was to get married what kinda of a man would i marry. A sick man or a clean man? grin.gif

penji....something needs to be done!... i understand what you mean about not letting your family know

BUT HAVE FAITH IN VAHEGUROOO JI !!!!...he will not let his sikh go through injustice...and also you have full backup of the sangat!...and remember...you aren't in the wrong!!!...so do what guruji would have wanted you to and stand for your RIGHTS!!

Vahrguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

edited but once i was out of town and i go to  a gurdwara on a sunday but i was pretty much over the granthi was finishing hukenama and then all the sangat got parshad from the sewadar. right when granth finished the hukemnamma and went to his room before i got to meet him and then i thought not to disturb him he must be resting or be busy but then after i had langer the bhai's room was pretty much fully close but i was so disgust i peeked through he and a girl were pretty naked and playing around. i was in shock and mad  :)   :doh:   <_<   but he didnt see me but then i knocked and asked him bhai sahib what happend langer nay chakaya he said his girlfriend wanted to play around. i was so in shocked i just left  ohmy.gif   ohmy.gif   ohmy.gif  

please do somthing about the gyani jees

112063[/snapback]

wot the hell!

sick!

It doesn't seem nice discussing this but it's something which i have been questioning for months. no.gif

Are giannis and patties all they make out to be?

I always had alot of respect for them. They are there to help us through to the path of god. A guide as some would say.

A couple of months ago i was at the bus stop. An old man wearing a turban was sitting there. It was a very cold morning as it was snowing.

He kept lookin at me an me well i was more worried about when me bus was going to come. He had the ajit newspaper in his lap but i took no notice of him.

I looked over to see if the bus was coming an there i saw "IT".

He had his thing in his hand. He knew i had seen it but he did nothing to cover it up. I was disgusted. An old sikh man was doing this infront of me. I must have been the same age of his grandaughter if he had one.

What made it even worse was that when the bus did finally come he didn't even get on it. He got up an walked away.

You might be thinking what has this got to do with giannis an patties.

A few weeks later i was on a bus an i saw him get on. I could see he recognised me cus he did not seem comfortable sitting not that far from me. He was dressed in traditional white. Like a patti or gianni.

I was on me wayto the gurdwara an what shocked me was that he was at the exact same gurdwara reading the guru granth sahib ji.

I no this may not go for all giannis an patties as most are as respectable as they look and do respect sikhi an girls as their daughters, but that incident did make me question.

Can anyone help? no.gif

111974[/snapback]

I was told this by my uncle who owns an off-licence. A giani from the local Gurudwara came in and asked for a small bottle of whisky. My uncle questioned him on this and the gianni replied that "he is a besharam banda" and then said that he can't live without alcohol. I argued with my uncle about this matter and said that he should have refused to sell him the whisky.

However, if the Gianni said that he can't live without alcohol, why take amrit and become an amritdhari? Why become a Gianni and read the Guru Granth and preach to others on how they should lead their lives in accordance with Sikhi? These so-called gianni's should cut their beards and hair and take off their kirpans etc. as they are not fit to wear them and in so wearing them are blackening the name of Sikhi!

I always say that Amrit is an extremely holy thing and when one takes amrit, he/she should know deep down inside if they can lead their life in accordance with Sikhi. ONLY then should they go through with Amrit Sanchar.

"MANN JEETA JAG JEET!"

"Win over yourself and you've won the world!" - Never a truer word said.

Wheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Oh my... Dear Sisters on this forum... I understand your concerns, your feelings, and situations. In december, I went to the Gurudwara...everything was good... except for when i went to leave. An old man, turbaned etc, was coming towards the Gurudwara, but when he saw me leaving he followed me instead. Out of respect I nodded my head to acknowledge him. Then he put out his hand to shake mine, so i shook his hand and walked on. But then he kept following me. I turned a corner, and he was still there behind me, walked faster and caught up, went infront of me, looked to see if anyone was there... I said "What what..." i became very nervous... what is this person thinking... his eyes changed - you could see the evil in his eyes of this thoughts, he grabbed onto the arm of my coat saying something in punjabi that i dont understand (cause i dont speak punjabi), and he proceeded to try and make me touch his.... but i had removed my arm from inside the coat... looking him straight in the eye, i started yanking with all my weight and force... then i yelled out, and he finally let go and i walked off quickly without even looking back.

I have not returned to that Gurudwara as of yet, and i dont intend to, unless im with other people. I dont know who this guy was, and i might not be able to differentiate him from a crowd of old sikh men in bana. I though, what if i call the Gurudwara... wellllll - i dont speak punjabi, and they hardly speak english - and then... i have no proof... i dont even know who this person is...

---- other thoughts solutions will come in my next post, soon ----