Are Tears Significant

Golee Maro

VGKK VGKF

I have a question - something thats been bearing on my mind for a long long time now...

When sad things happen... when people die... when i lose someone close to me... when i see poverty or cruelty in the world... when i saw someone die infront of me in a car accident... everyone else, male / female adults n children around me cry at seeing such things. I can bear a lot of things.. i can bear seeing those vile images on tv others cannot stand ... and i never shed tears. A lot of sensitive, emotional feelings i bear within me dont seem to bring out tears...

and it makes me wonder... are they significant...? Am i just.. heartless? Why dont i cry when these things happen and everyone else cries rivers of tears?

It annoys me too... because i know when i was younger and did shed those tears, that there was such a release and relief it brings and makes u feel good. But now, this never happens. I feel i have no heart when this happens. And i feel like the only one... and if im not the only one, then i feel like im the same as those cruel cold heartless people in the world who we hear about in the news having killed a lot of patients or hurt innocent children etc etc. I know i would never do those things but it still makes me feel like a cold person. Are tears significant?

VGKK VGKF

Tears are insignificant. Just because you do not cry does not mean you are heartless or cruel. The most compassionate and empathetic person in the world could be one who has never shed a tear in their life. Tears are a release, or a last resort type of thing - when people feel hopeless, or feel pain, and can do nothing else, they cry.

It's okay if you don't cry - it's better than okay. It's a good thing that you have that control.. do not worry :)

VJKK VJKP

pajis/penjis

when you cry over beraag you should all ways try to do as much bani as u can.

as i have been told that you should cry if it is your gurus shaeedi etc. or shaheedi of sings. or even getin seperated from you guru or over a sant.

ill give you two examples:

wen i went to my cuzs funeral they were crying there there heads smacking them selves and and no sort of bani read. (non amrit dhari and dunavi)

wen baba takhur singh ji pasted away people were crying but it was over a sant mahapursh. but on the other hand they were doin keerthan as well.

(sant brahamgiani)

d_oh.gifd_oh.gif :'( :'(

bhul chuk maaf

VJKK VJKP

I too, for some reason, don't "care" about all the deaths and tragedies in the news. Perhaps I have been desensitized to it at an early age. Perhaps I've just never cared for others.

Tragedies in this world are meant to be received like blessings.

When good things happen to us, we are happy. Imagine that as the head of a coin.

When bad things happen to us, we are sad. Imagine that as the tail of a coin.

People become so caught up in whether they get "heads" or "tails", they forget that they have received a coin from the Lord. They forget to look at the coin and realise its True Value.

http://sikhlionz.rajkaregakhalsa.net/naam.htm

Ang 94 of SGGS ji:

hau rih n skw ibnu dyKy pRIqmw mY nIru vhy vih clY jIau ]3]

I cannot survive without seeing my Beloved. My eyes are welling up with tears. ||3||

ho rehi n sakaa bin dhaekhae preethamaa mai neer vehae vehi chalai jeeo ||3||

I agree wiv TeraRoop dat the most chardhi-kalaa people don't cry tears of happiness or sadness. Tears are a complex expression of emotion - as such there are no definite rights or wrongs- it depends what you're crying the tears for - if they are out of longing for Akaal Purakh ji then thats a very good thing, however if we're crying out of attachment to worldly people or things then it isn't.

Ang 59 of SGGS ji:

myrI myrI kir gey qnu Dnu klqu n swiQ ]

maeree maeree kar geae than dhhan kalath n saathh ||

Crying out, ""Mine! Mine!"", they have departed, but their bodies, their wealth, and their wives did not go with them.

Ang 81 of SGGS ji:

jo moih mwieAw icqu lwiedy sy Coif cly duKu roie ]

jo mohi maaeiaa chith laaeidhae sae shhodd chalae dhukh roe ||

Those who focus their consciousness on emotional attachment to Maya must leave; they depart crying out in despair.

Ang 325 of SGGS ji:

Avr mUey ikAw sogu krIjY ]

avar mooeae kiaa sog kareejai ||

Why do you cry and mourn, when another person dies?

qau kIjY jau Awpn jIjY ]1]

tho keejai jo aapan jeejai ||1||

Do so only if you yourself are to live. ||1||

peace