looking for translation of dasam granth

singh22

Yep Chamkila you can get the 2 books from Sikh Missionary Society on Featherstone Road in Southall......near-ish to the Singh Sabha Gurdwara.....its 30 quid.......or if you are up north then DTF Books on Soho Road in Bham has it for 25 :@ and it also has a translation of Triyah Charitrer for the same, but I heard the translation is dodgy ohmy.gif

Whats this I hear about a whole English translation of the Dasam Granth.........where can u get it in India?

Thanks man

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur
i m not sure but i think our local libary even has the guru granth sahib divided into 5 or 6 chapters. i'm just wondering why this is still going on, and that what kind of dumass would check these out from the libary

u calling me a <banned word filter activated> hmmm

gosh gill veerjee where do u expect ppl to look for material if they cannot be found online???? the next best alternative would be a library hanna? so why are you(gill veerjee) calling them a dum*** if they went to the library to search for material to widen their knowledge? where else can they go if they do not know of alternatives???? go to the streets??? plz mannnn dont insult a fellow member.......if you know of alternatives, just inform in a polite manner, theres no need to be rude and say what kinda dum*** goes searching for material in a library. if libraries weren't useful they wouldve been shut down AGES ago but the fact they are still around speaks volumes of their usefulness. :@

Guest Jas Singh

hey cyber wolf it would be really awesome if u could scan all of Bichitar natak in dasam granth translation! (unless its very very long i dont know, maybe just a bit of it then) i would really apreciate that ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Just my view but rather than rely on English translations, which will never be 100 % correct why not learn how to read the Gurmukhi script and read the original ?. For those who can't read Gurmukhi script, it's really easy, if you apply yourselves dilligently for a few months you'll be amazed at how easy it is to pick up. Once you've learnt the script, then get a copy of Bhai Vir Singh's Guru Granth Kosh which contains the meanings of all the words used in the Guru Granth Sahib with a short explanation of their origin and different meanings.

Within a year if you devote a few hours daily you will be able to pick up an English Translation and know where the translator has made a mistake !

GurFateh

Bikramjit

• 1 month later...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

With guru jee's kirpa we recently got that interpretation of (most) of the Dasam Granth by Bhai Jodh Singh and Bhai Dharam Singh.

With guru jee's kirpa we got it from Satnam Trust which is located adjacent to Khalsa School Surrey. Gurbani can't be priced. The superficial worldly cost was $20.

anybody in BC who wants it can get it from there or if you can't afford it please try either Khalsa Library near 132 St. and 84 (i think) Ave. in Surrey near Singh Sabha Gurdwara.

If it's not there, Guru Nanak Academy is going to have a library soon. You can ask them if they have any copies at academy@gurmatstudies.com

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!