Something I Was Thinking..

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa,

Waheguroo ji ki fatehh !

First of all i shouldnt be on here posting since im very sick but ... im really BOREDDDDDDD... <_<

Challo, here is what i was thinking...

Once in a while i see posts popping up on all forums (akj.org, tapoban, waheguroo, and even here..) about people asking who are the taksalis, or who are the akj, or who are the sadh sangat etc etc .... :wub:

... even people keep asking questions such as who are these nirankaris, namdharis, radhoswamis...

What i was thinking is make one thread.. (not this one).. but a proper thread where each of these jathas (and on the other hand anti-sikh groups) are explained without being biased one side. In this way we wont have to keep encountering the same threads over and over again...

What does everyone else think ... cuz i dont know about you guys but these questions keep coming up and people keep fighting and arguing about them... i say we do something about it, so everyone can refer to all this information on one thread, and not seperate places...

(PLEASE DO NOT START ARGUING ON THIS THREAD :wub: , unless you guys want me to come and cough all over you guys and make you sick.. tongue.gif .. j/k)....

Ok enough joking, what you guys think...

bhul chuk maph!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to choose one person, everyone from whatever jatha can send this person an email with information about the jatha, then this person can compose an article or a post or something.

make sure this person is not biased!! i think its a good idea cus i dont know who these diff groups are either and would love to know without having to go through a lot of swearing and unneccessary put downs tongue.gif

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

I think shaheed's making a decent point that shouldn't be overlooked.... i mean... there's two sides to it...there's jatha's, and i think we're being super fools if we try to pretend they don't exist....

at the same time.... we've gone through this whole jatha thing.....

i think daasn daas has a good idea, and in the end, i'm thinking... maybe we should go through with it...(and the first person that comes to mind is vicky singh, or daljeet singh, or amardeep singh...yes, i'm aware that's three people)

make it a sticky.... make it a locked sticky... and if someone has any issues with it, they pm Admin...and if admin can't answer it, then they ask someone in private who would know the answer...... and i don't think anyone else should be consulted... only ask someone who would have the right answer

in my eyes, this should be an admin-led move.... and if admin agrees, then it should be done.. if not, then i still think the idea is good... but yeah..

Sangat ji WGJKKWGJKF,

Its a very good idea to start a thread to define/explain different jathas and nirankaris, namdharis, radhoswamis.

I think why not compile a webpage with information enough about these different subjects The info must be collected from each of these SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT and posted with unbiased comments or conclusion (by subject matter expert in Sikhism/Bani) which in fact reflect BANI and make THE point as such...

If visitor still not staisfied then he/she may post question in the forum and answered accordingly with one condition that only subject matter takes ownership of answering such queries not everyone...

Well, thats my 2 cents!!!

NOTE: Above listed views are my personal and you may or may not agree with me.

WGJKK

WGJKF

if your gonna go thru with it fine but:

now all these lil singhs and Kaurs who are 13 and under who just started browsing the net will read it and be like yooo this must mean my friend XYZ at skool is akj and doesnt believe in raagmala i shouldnt talk to him..... (or other scenario's to that effect)

im worried that kids will see it read it and hate eachother....whereas we dont poste the info and they research it like we all had to....research will take time and hopefully they will be more mature handling it

if your gonna go thru with it fine but:

now all these lil singhs and Kaurs who are 13 and under who just started browsing the net will read it and be like yooo this must mean my friend XYZ at skool is akj and doesnt believe in raagmala i shouldnt talk to him..... (or other scenario's to that effect)

im worried that kids will see it read it and hate eachother....whereas we dont poste the info and they research it like we all had to....research will take time and hopefully they will be more mature handling it

88078[/snapback]

okay..now THAT is a good point... and something i overlooked entirely.... in my eyes, for some reason, this should be a good enough reason to reconsider...

My two cents..

I don't think we should have a thread distinguishing between AKJ/Tapoban and Damdami Taksaal and Nihung dals, there have always been clashes between views of several Sikh jathebandis even during and after the times of Guru Gobind Singh ji, but they all stuck to their guns and came together during war.

By distinguishing between these groups we are breaking them in small categories which could lead to who knows what. They are all under the Nishaan sahib and are the Khalsa Panth, although each group has its own views towards certain things. We can say what their views are on certain topics but not separate them into 'GROUPS', this is the exact point of conflict when one starts to say i'm from this group or that group, there's no group just one BIGGG group of the Khalsa. :nihungsmile:

We can make another thread on who naamdhari, etc. are by making an ANTI-SIKH post.