All Religions Are Not Equal...

i might be reading this wrong here...

but nowhere have i seen guru ji say "hinduISM is blind...or the ISLAM is blind.."...

had they said something along those lines...i think MKLQ might have had a point..since they haven't said anything like that....well....how can i put this nicely....hmmm....you've pretty much missed the point......

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not

contemplate them are false. "

Ang 1350

OK.. Listen to what Guru Gobind Singh has said.... dont call anyone false..

Jin Prem Kiyo tin hi prabh payo.

Only those who have loved have found Him.

Pheena look at the 2nd part of that tuk....."CONTEMPLATE" look at what MKLQ has complied on the qu'ran and vedas.....he HAS contempleted them..he is not a hipocrit or false.....he is stating fact.

i mean you can respect a hindu or muslim thinkin hey hes going on HAjj yaayy hes following his religion.....but thinkin hey hes going on Hajj why dont we do that...or we should do that...thats wrongg...

from the Vedas the laws of Manu state that a woman should never be left independant, cuz she will mess up (where is the sikhiness is this?)......

of course we can all have our own opinion.....i myself enjoy readin other texts to see the what is the Same...as part of the 51 hukams Guru Gobind Singh ji gave one was to study all other texts while remembering there is only one true lord....and what faith is better connected to the to that one akall but sikhi?

DONT MIX THINGS UP

everyone should read bachitar nataak, the whole thing, not just the ab mein apni katha bakhano.

After reading it I came to the conclusion that YOu can be Muslim, or Hindu and still achieve mukti, but sikhi is still the best and simplest path.

It doesnt matter what religion you are, you can still do simran, so you can still achieve mukti.

Bijla SIngh said

"My Guru is above all. My Guru says without True Naam, one cannot be liberated and True Naam can only be obtained from the true Guru. true Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji."

You said true guru is guru granth sahib, which is 100% correct. But does vaheguru/Raam/Allah/God not have the same jot as Guru Granth Sahib. THe bani is guru granth sahib is the same jot as akal purakh, so if a hindu or muslim starts doing simran on raam or allah they can still achieve "gurprasad" from Allah/Raam/Vaqheguru, and still achieve mukti.

In guru gobind singh ji's previous life, they werent a "sikh" although they still practiced the principles of sikhi and worshipped MahaKaal, or the supreme death (just another name for Vaheguru. and they still achieved mukti, Guru Gobind Singh ji even explains it in Ab Mein Apni Katha Bakhano how their soul and Vaheguru became just one jot during the time they did tapasiya in the himalayas.

And you cant even say that these days Muslims and Hindus dont do simran at amritvela, and only sikhs do. I personally know a bunch of ismaili Muslims in brampton that do amritvela everyday, how many of us "sikhs" do this?

Sooooooooo, i guess, you can call yourself a sikh, and still keep your rehit and say "this is the best religion in the world" without doing any simran, but if a "Muslim" goes and does simran on allah everyday at amritvela, than who really has a true religion?

Rehit maryada is here to protect you from the 5 vikaars and help you concentrate better in your simran, not to give you mukti, mukti is only achieved through constant remembrance. SO what is the point of arguing what a true religion is or not, if any religion can give you mukti if you do simran?

oh pheena ji, "There can only be ONE master on ONE Throne, not 2 Masters."

yeah exactly so the koran and vedas cannot sit on the throne with dhur ki bani sri guru granth sahib.

peace.

It seems you have misunderstood my words, if not then ignore this post......your quote to which i answered was talking about having the Vedas and the Quaran in the "Gurudwara". There can be only one Guru in the Gurudwara and that Throne belongs to the Guru Granth Sahib.

You have taken my quote and used it to suit your point in this discussion. Please Don't get ahead of your self veer.

"Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not

contemplate them are false. "

Ang 1350

OK.. Listen to what Guru Gobind Singh has said.... dont call anyone false..

Jin Prem Kiyo tin hi prabh payo.

Only those who have loved have found Him.

Pheena look at the 2nd part of that tuk....."CONTEMPLATE" look at what MKLQ has complied on the qu'ran and vedas.....he HAS contempleted them..he is not a hipocrit or false.....he is stating fact.

i mean you can respect a hindu or muslim thinkin hey hes going on HAjj yaayy hes following his religion.....but thinkin hey hes going on Hajj why dont we do that...or we should do that...thats wrongg...

from the Vedas the laws of Manu state that a woman should never be left independant, cuz she will mess up (where is the sikhiness is this?)......

of course we can all have our own opinion.....i myself enjoy readin other texts to see the what is the Same...as part of the 51 hukams Guru Gobind Singh ji gave one was to study all other texts while remembering there is only one true lord....and what faith is better connected to the to that one akall but sikhi?

DONT MIX THINGS UP

88912[/snapback]

ok so he posted 50 quotes from teh Koran and you think he has contemplated it...to contemplate by reading few excerpt is not Contemplaing....Contemplation does not end with the mind alone, but it is thru the Meditative Contemplation is when you get the real results. Live like a Muslim and tell me if the Qualities of Love/Compassion/Tolerence, not enter your heart. Then you can justily accuse Islam to be false. Then you can Rise to the World and speak without worry that you found nothing in Islam. Given that you gave your 100% surrender to the FAith. Just as i have not taken Amrit, you will not see me say Amrit is False or it has no potency...i have no right to conclude because it has not become my experience. I can only guess or assume of what the affects are, but my experience will be my conclusion, it will be my Final Answer and the same goes that i gave 100% of my surrender to Amrit. One can contemplate with the mind and produce a logical answer and another can contemplate with your heart and prodcue a conclusion. Contemplation is done when both are completed. Contempation with the mind is what the Scientist can perfrom, Contemplation with the Heart is what a Sadhik a Bhagat performs. Both are necessary.

You wish to speak about Hajj, then go to a Hajj and experience it. Don't Conclude of what the Muslims experience by merely observing it or reading about it. Not eveyrone that goes there go there for Spiritual advancement or seek god, Just as not everyone goes to Harmandir Sahib to Seek God thru the Guru.

the law of Manu: This is a cut from a book by Parmahanse Yogananda The Autobiography of a Yogi:

The origin of the caste system, formulated by the great legislator Manu, was admirable. He saw clearly that men are distinguished by natural evolution into four great classes: those capable of offering service to society through their bodily labor ( Sudras); those who serve through mentality, skill, agriculture, trade, commerce, business life in general (Vaisyas); those whose talents are administrative, executive, and protective—rulers and warriors ( Kshatriyas); those of contemplative nature, spiritually inspired and inspiring (Brahmins). "Neither birth nor sacraments nor study nor ancestry can decide whether a person is twice-born (i.e., a Brahmin);" the Mahabharata declares, "character and conduct only can decide."9  Manu instructed society to show respect to its members insofar as they possessed wisdom, virtue, age, kinship or, lastly, wealth. Riches in Vedic India were always despised if they were hoarded or unavailable for charitable purposes. Ungenerous men of great wealth were assigned a low rank in society.

Serious evils arose when the caste system became hardened through the centuries into a hereditary halter. Social reformers like Gandhi and the members of very numerous societies in India today are making slow but sure progress in restoring the ancient values of caste, based solely on natural qualification and not on birth. Every nation on earth has its own distinctive misery-producing karma to deal with and remove; India, too, with her versatile and invulnerable spirit, shall prove herself equal to the task of caste-reformation.

9 "Inclusion in one of these four castes originally depended not on a man's birth but on his natural capacities as demonstrated by the goal in life he elected to achieve," an article in East-West for January, 1935, tells us. "This goal could be (1) kama, desire, activity of the life of the senses (Sudra stage), (2) artha, gain, fulfilling but controlling the desires (Vaisya stage), (3) dharma, self-discipline, the life of responsibility and right action (Kshatriya stage), (4) moksha, liberation, the life of spirituality and religious teaching (Brahmin stage). These four castes render service to humanity by (1) body, (2) mind, (3) will power, (4) Spirit.

"These four stages have their correspondence in the eternal gunas or qualities of nature, tamas, rajas, and sattva: obstruction, activity, and expansion; or, mass, energy, and intelligence. The four natural castes are marked by the gunas as (1) tamas (ignorance), (2) tamas-rajas (mixture of ignorance and activity), (3) rajas-sattva (mixture of right activity and enlightenment), (4) sattva (enlightenment). Thus has nature marked every man with his caste, by the predominance in himself of one, or the mixture of two, of the gunas. Of course every human being has all three gunas in varying proportions. The guru will be able rightly to determine a man's caste or evolutionary status.

"To a certain extent, all races and nations observe in practice, if not in theory, the features of caste. Where there is great license or so-called liberty, particularly in intermarriage between extremes in the natural castes, the race dwindles away and becomes extinct. The Purana Samhita compares the offspring of such unions to barren hybrids, like the mule which is incapable of propagation of its own species. Artificial species are eventually exterminated. History offers abundant proof of numerous great races which no longer have any living representatives. The caste system of India is credited by her most profound thinkers with being the check or preventive against license which has preserved the purity of the race and brought it safely through millenniums of vicissitudes, while other races have vanished in oblivion."

I have shared all i can to this post, i do not know anything further than what i have already expressed. This is the limit of this egos understanding.

May God remove us all from our own ignorence.

Guest Akaal108

I think before quoting other religions from their holy book.. one has to fully study and contemplate on their own holy divine granth and try to find out what siri guroo granth sahib ji is saying via different steeks(punjabi translations) done by resepected gurmukhs in the Panth.

I went through all the pages... this is soo amazing that not even one single post quotes from punjabi famous steeks of siri guroo granth sahib ji.....all i saw was english translations of gurbani .. i meant what makes you people soo sure that you know what gurbani means and depthness of gurbani...!

grow up people.. vaadiae aie new age sikh scholars.. nonono.gif

everyone should read bachitar nataak, the whole thing, not just the ab mein apni katha bakhano.

After reading it I came to the conclusion that YOu can be Muslim, or Hindu and still achieve mukti, but sikhi is still the best and simplest path.

It doesnt matter what religion you are, you can still do simran, so you can still  achieve mukti.

Bijla SIngh said

"My Guru is above all. My Guru says without True Naam, one cannot be liberated and True Naam can only be obtained from the true Guru. true Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji."

You said true guru is guru granth sahib, which is 100% correct. But does vaheguru/Raam/Allah/God not have the same jot as Guru Granth Sahib. THe bani is guru granth sahib is the same jot as akal purakh, so if a hindu or muslim starts doing simran on raam or allah they can still achieve "gurprasad" from Allah/Raam/Vaqheguru, and still achieve mukti.

In guru gobind singh ji's previous life, they werent a "sikh" although they still practiced the principles of sikhi and worshipped MahaKaal, or the supreme death (just another name for Vaheguru. and they still achieved mukti, Guru Gobind Singh ji even explains it in Ab Mein Apni Katha Bakhano how their soul and Vaheguru became just one jot during the time they did tapasiya in the himalayas.

And you cant even say that these days Muslims and Hindus dont do simran at amritvela, and only sikhs do. I personally know a bunch of ismaili Muslims in brampton that do amritvela everyday, how many of us "sikhs" do this?

Sooooooooo, i guess, you can call yourself a sikh, and still keep your rehit and say "this is the best religion in the world" without doing any simran, but if a "Muslim" goes and does simran on allah everyday at amritvela, than who really has a true religion?

Rehit maryada is here to protect you from the 5 vikaars and help you concentrate better in your simran, not to give you mukti, mukti is only achieved through constant remembrance. SO what is the point of arguing what a true religion is or not, if any religion can give you mukti if you do simran?

88925[/snapback]

too right...very well said... <_<

im sorry i need to be a scholar to say that islam promotes hajj, give me a break.  Mulsims don't sacrifice animals at hajj, please i don't need to be a scholar to know these things.  I can read in the koran which says hajj is mandatory so what do your scholars say that hajj is a metaphor for waaheguru come on sometimes you people get so philisophical you start talking you know what.

So you know that in Islam we have Hajj... big deal most people know that it doesnt mean you can just start drawing your own conclusions from it. What you do not know and understand are the reasonings and practices which go on in hajj in detail so do not presume to know about it therefore you are no authority to mention it in a conversation. We should only speak of what we know about.